Home The Bridge
Options

Edited: Faction winner mission fails and question (DB please read and reply)

NasHamNasHam ✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
So I have ran 12 Terran Empire faction missions since the event ended and have failed on each mission and they were in the 80% success rate. The failure rate is ridiculous. How can this be ? I understand RNG but to have all 12 missions fail is crap.

Also I thought there was supposed to be a time reduction for the faction winner missions. Every time there is a faction winner and I run faction missions with the winner after an event, the time is still 3 hours. What happened to the time reduction?

Comments

• Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    the time thing might be a display error. look at the mission after you send it. is it still 3 hours?

i had the guaranteed fail on 16/16 with 90%+ chance a while ago so I quit doing these winning faction things. There's obviously some sort of bug. But don't worry someone will come along and say RNG on that .00000001% chance.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    nope, the timer is always 3 hours long and the missions always take 3 hours to complete. Maybe someone from DB can explain this to me about the time and also why they are failing so much.
  • Options
    The time reduction works fine for me, but I've also failed 11/12 shuttles that I've sent out, between 75-85%. I didn't even have this bad of luck during the faction event.
  • Options
    I did a faction winning shuttle today and it was back after 2 and half hours and was successful but have had the odd one in past fail
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I have not kept detailed stats, but my best recollection is for each of my runs of 3 shuttles, my actual success rate has been either 2/3 or 3/3 - that is, as best as I can remember, I do not think I have had more than 1 failure from any run.
    NasHam wrote: »
    Also I thought there was supposed to be a time reduction for the faction winner missions. Every time there is a faction winner and I run faction missions with the winner after an event, the time is still 3 hours. What happened to the time reduction?

My only speculation regarding this would be to ask you, since the conclusion of the Imperial Decree event, have you logged out of the game and restarted it?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have ran 12 Terran Empire faction missions since the event ended and have failed on each mission and they were in the 80% success rate. The failure rate is ridiculous. How can this be ? I understand RNG but to have all 12 missions fail is crap.

Yet, someone posted a thread last week where ZERO PERCENT Shuttle Missions were SUCCEEDING.

I guess it is kind of like a 5/5 chance for a Item Drop SHOULD be 100%, but apparently is not......

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I have succeeded 11/12
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet, someone posted a thread last week where ZERO PERCENT Shuttle Missions were SUCCEEDING.

It's been long discovered, and well documented in the forums, that the shuttle formula creates a minimum 14% (iirc) success chance.

I guess it is kind of like a 5/5 chance for a Item Drop SHOULD be 100%, but apparently is not......

No, a 5 pip drop chance just means that it's more likely to drop from that mission than a 4 pip mission.
  • Options
    I am seeing one in three or rather more accurately 3 in 8 missions fail with 80%+ rate. I have noticed 12 consecutive faction winner fails in previous after events. Definitely a bug
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a time reduction? They've all been three hours for me, and I've failed a ton...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a time reduction? They've all been three hours for me, and I've failed a ton...

They should be 2 1/2 hours.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options

They should show 3 hours when you're assigning crew, but as soon as you send the shuttle on its way it should show 2.5 hours remaining until complete.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

No, a 5 pip drop chance just means that it's more likely to drop from that mission than a 4 pip mission.

Actually, I believe we were told the pips are the likelihood of that item dropping in comparison to the other dropable items on the mission. Pips are relevant only to that mission, not to eachother.
  • Options
    Mine are failing more than usual after this event as well. I thought the missions were supposed to be not only shorter, but easier? Even during the event I was getting higher than usual failure rate running 85% + getting 3/4 failing.
  • Options
    The 2,5 hours works fine for me but I am failing more than average.

sdwj3cwb1dwa.jpg
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options

I get that. I am just pointing out that in most of the world 5 out of 5 = 100%. Just an observation......

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Actually, I believe we were told the pips are the likelihood of that item dropping in comparison to the other dropable items on the mission. Pips are relevant only to that mission, not to eachother.

Thanx for explaining their explanation. I had never seen that.

Scott

• Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I'm getting mostly fails since event. Usually that would only last the first day after, this time they are still failing into wed (by tues it would go back to 'normal')

Normal for me is 3/4 pass. This week post event I'm failing almost all.

Wtf???

I finished event with solo rank #96
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    I'm failing 3/4 shuttles since the end of the event as well, all in the 80% range. While the runs show 3hrs, they are finishing after 2.5, however.
    Colored Tribbles Fleet recruiting now - lvl 30 and above are welcome!
  • Options
    I'm failing 3/4 shuttles since the end of the event as well, all in the 80% range. While the runs show 3hrs, they are finishing after 2.5, however.

Mine over night were all around 80-85%. Expected at least two fails. All four made it. If the Game ever loads, I'll see what happened this morning. One of them was 60%ish, one was 75%ish.

Scott

• Options
    I've run maybe 40 Terran Empire missions so far the last couple of days, and had odds between 70% and 91% for the most part, and I've maybe failed 6 total?

They've also all been 2.5 hours.

So I'm sorry, but I can't corroborate your experience.
  • Options
    I've run maybe 40 Terran Empire missions so far the last couple of days, and had odds between 70% and 91% for the most part, and I've maybe failed 6 total?

They've also all been 2.5 hours.

So I'm sorry, but I can't corroborate your experience.

All four from this morning succeeded. I think I have had one yesterday afternoon fail?

Scott

• Options
    I'm running about 75% successes on the mirror universe shuttles [shrug]
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels like the RNG is as wide as Mirror Phlox's proficiencies.

I've had streaks of 75-80% displayed chance where none came back clean. (12 in fact, so 3 runs of 4.) Then today I've had 3/4 successes.

I'm starting to ignore the displayed percentage except as a relative display on another mission. It's like the mission pips.
  • Options

were the missions the leftover from the event? missions you opened before the event ended? if that is the case the length is 3 hours, not 2.5 and the failures could be explained by having the app choosing bonus crew that actually did not give bonus when it was time to collect the rewards, so the display rate was all wrong.
    Nonetheless you had really bad luck.
  • Options
    NasHamNasHam ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Capt. Reynolds, no they weren't left over. They were all brand new from after the event was over with. And yes I am still failing at least 80% of them with 80-95% chance of success on these shuttle missions.

EDIT: So I just finished the last 4 missions b4 the event starts and of course they all failed with all of them having an 80% chance of success. How is this possible and don't say RNG cause when you send out 30+ missions and only 10% success and most of them being in the 80%-95% success range then something isn't right when you keep failing.
  • Options
    Capt. SlogCapt. Slog ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Just had all 4 shuttles fail on the new event, all between 88-96%.

This account will only ever be free to play from now on.

Hope the rest of you have better luck.

Oh Merry Christmas, LLAP !