Home The Bridge
Options

Leathery Egg and Other Voyage 'Gifts'

I note that some of the people I encounter on a voyage kindly gift me some items for being helpful. Only this morning a Section 31 agent left me an unusual particle rifle in my ready room, for example. And yesterday someone claimed to have given me a leathery egg, but search as I may in my inventory, I cannot locate said items.

Does anyone have a leathery egg, and if so, what does it look like? Merry Christmas everyone.

Comments

• Options
    Those texts are just flavour and they do not reflect any in-game item. The text told you "you received a leathery egg" and the game gave you probably a 1* casing or a 2* Wesley Crusher (which, as one person once wrote on the Internet, is almost the same thing).

Also, a leathery egg would be pointless, as there's no crew who can equip a leathery egg. It'd be a wasteful acquisition.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it when you find a crew member in a box in an acidic stream, or behind a console in some abandoned space station. It really adds to the general levity of the game

I have a collection of about 20 screenshots of just those situations.

Here is the latest:

vejowe34n4z2.jpg
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one that really bugs me is when some crew member gets to name a constellation. There's no such physical thing as a constellation! It's just a pattern we create with our minds when we look at the night sky! And the sky looks different from any planet you happen to be on!
  • Options
    Took this a few minutes ago.

hzwfctmt6pla.jpg
  • Options
    The one that really bugs me is when some crew member gets to name a constellation. There's no such physical thing as a constellation! It's just a pattern we create with our minds when we look at the night sky! And the sky looks different from any planet you happen to be on!

It's Starfleet. Nobody get's paid so you have to give them some kind of perk to feel special.

Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options

hzwfctmt6pla.jpg

Hey, when you're putting together a crew for the voyage, don't worry about making it well-rounded. Focus on the Primary and Secondary skills that are featured (the gold and silver stars). Sometimes my voyages will be 7-8000 for the primary and secondary and barely over 1000 for everything else. It will get you further in the long run.
  • Options
    I can't possibly load a trait that heavily. I simply don't have the crew for it. This is my best crew, minus a few good characters on shuttle missions. This is why hitting the second dilemma mark is still a wonderful treat for me.

I'll get there.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I didn't intend to assume you could match my numbers as a newer player, I just mean that you don't have to worry about the non-featured skills as much. 60% of the hazards are going to require the primary and secondary skills.
  • Options
    GOT IT

248355k2q59n.png
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    Morbo4 wrote: »
    Those texts are just flavour and they do not reflect any in-game item. The text told you "you received a leathery egg" and the game gave you probably a 1* casing or a 2* Wesley Crusher (which, as one person once wrote on the Internet, is almost the same thing).

That's entirely unfair to compare Wesley to a casing.

I actually use 1* casings.

But but but... I have a use for Wesley as well!

25, 50 or 100 Honours! That's vaguely useful!
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭

Also, a leathery egg would be pointless, as there's no crew who can equip a leathery egg. It'd be a wasteful acquisition.

Unless we are getting a Xenomorph at some point.

Month-Long Mega Event.

5* Crew can be Hicks, Hudson, Sarge, and Vasquez.

Mega Reward is a Queen Alien.....

Scott

Hudson: "When she signed up, they said Alien, she thought they said Illegal Alien."
    Vasquez: "F**k you, Hudson."

(^^ Actual Easter egg in movie, as the actress who played Vasquez actually did think the movie was about illegal aliens when she auditioned .. :) hehe )
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭

hzwfctmt6pla.jpg

“Oh my!”
  • Options
    My favorite voyage message was a female Ferengi captain gave me a gift because she was nice.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite voyage message was a female Ferengi captain gave me a gift because she was nice.

Rule of Acquisition #76: "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?