Home Ready Room
Options

Should I split the "Level 100" Spreadsheet into multiple documents?

Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in Ready Room
I manage a spreadsheet linked at the top of the forum that does a significant amount of cross-crew comparisons. Performance on the sheet, lately, has been getting worse and worse. The easiest way for me to improve that is to reduce the number of crew in the sheet.

The best way I know how to do that is to split this into two documents. The most logical split, to me, is to put the 1-3* Characters in one document and the 4-5*s in another.

While I dislike that they are separate, I don't think the current one sheet setup is sustainable.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v97w1ji56MLpCBBhR3xoZpAW8yx5jYoWmH2jNKq27TI/edit#gid=1942976

Should I split the "Level 100" Spreadsheet into multiple documents? 16 votes

Yes, split it
50%
[DC] MerwinianPeachtree RexBobkyou(10F)GeekgirlThe Great GornholioCloud_1[DC] Picard Loves RedsThunderChild 8 votes
No, keep it all together
50%
[PAaA] Peanut3141Jim SteelePhdLeshyChewable C++NivenFresDavey1983DavideBooks 8 votes
Something else...
0%

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep it all together
    You have plenty of filters in place so when I use it, I can limit it as needed. I love it, by the way.

Also, if it is split, I can't put in all my crew as I would like. I realize that many active people have reached the point that they only keep 4* and 5* characters. This is a trait of very experienced players and players active here. I hope it applies to me one day, but this is a great tool that is most applicable kept in one peace.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Yes, split it
    I like the idea of splitting to simplify the work. Would you also split the missions since the 1-3* crit few, if any Epic levels?
  • Options
    Yes, split it
    I'm not sure what you mean by "split the missions". Can you clarify?
  • Options
    I haven't voted yet.
    I see some problems with splitting the crew. For example, the sheet would no longer be able to tell me if some of my 2* crew have been made redundant by a 5* I recently aquired.
    But I don't know ehat other methods might make the sheet more manageable, or what problems they might bring.

I suppose my answer is that I will have to trust you to make the right call because You know more than I do.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love your spreadsheet and use it before every gauntlet. I didn't vote because I'm not sure. I've definitely noticed performance issues, to the point where I had stopped using it from my PC (the new Firefox update seems to have improved this) or my older Galaxy Tab 4. On my Galaxy Tab S3, performance is bearable, but not blazing fast.

If I think only about my personal use, I'd be fine with splitting out 3* crew. My main use is selecting gauntlet crew, and occasionally comparing voyage stats, and no 3* factor into my decisions. But I know that others will consider 3* and lower crew in their use.
  • Options
    Yes, split it
    I'm not sure what you mean by "split the missions". Can you clarify?

Disregard my original comment. I should have opened the sheet first before commenting.
  • Options
    Yes, split it
    I think I'm going to start exploring ways so that I can set up the sheet to pull from the wiki. This is not going to be a quick update, as there's lots of learning into how GSheets does its macroing in the background.

In the short term, if you want to improve performance on your local sheets, I recommend you delete character rows on the base data sheet that you don't care about (for example, the 1-3* characters for most higher-level players and maybe cutting out the unowned 5*s for newer ones).