Home The Bridge
Options

Voyage Change Clarification from Erin or Shan

So Erin told us we would be getting fewer Trainers...
Hello again, Captains,

[*] Heads up -- we’re going to be rebalancing the Voyages loot table. This will be the first change since the feature launched. We’ll have more details about this later, but these are small adjustments and not drastic changes. You’ll earn slightly fewer Chronitons and Trainers, but you’ll earn a little more Credits, and have a greater chance of getting crew (including all-new Voyages-exclusive crew). Stay tuned.

But Shan says we will be getting more...
Shan admin
12:13PM in Starfleet Communications
Greetings, Captains!

Today we are releasing a server update which contains changes to Voyages.
These changes are intended to balance rewards to fit a greater variety of playstyles, and are as follows:

- Slightly increased chances to earn Credits, Training Programs, and Components.
So Erin or Shan, which one is it and if there has been a change, why?
Member of Rise of the Phoenix.

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    It is not either or, it is who said what last.
    What The in game message said today seems to be what we are getting.
    Disappointing I know. We are told one thing then get something different.

Edit: I just have to add, when I read the original message I thought it was replicator rations being decreased not trainers. I think this is a very easy mistake to make. And maybe Prince meant replicator rations.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny I'm seeing exactly zero rep rations now.. lol is it change or is it RNG?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I have 47 purple rations on the voyage I just recalled. Have had runs in the past that gave none.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »

I have 47 purple rations on the voyage I just recalled. Have had runs in the past that gave none.

Ok so could very well be RNG. And that's the thing, it's hard to tell unless there's a lot of communication or more time passes. And where more time passes there's just assumed acceptance.
  • Options
    Also, were you running it before the nerf?

So far I'm down on chrons, no significant increase in credits, no rations, hardly any crew, and a confetti of trainers. This is my first run though.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    RNG hey? Just had a significant drop of rare rep rations. RNG is looking to be strong in this one
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG hey? Just had a significant drop of rare rep rations. RNG is looking to be strong in this one

At least the new Voyage crew are on the part 2 of dilemmas. I just got the Clown right on hour 8 as I was about out of AM.
  • Options
    (for people smarter then me, making a comparison table)

530 chronitons on a 8:50:00 Voyage.
    Dilemmas were 2* 2* 2* 4* (dilemmas)

Yesterday (I know.. two Voyages with RNG is not enough of basis of direct comparison blah blah)

Yesterday, Voyage went 8:25:00 got 550 chron
    2* 3* 2* 2* (Dilemmas)

Dilemma rewards noted as they affect chronitons . Today's voyage was at the 2 hour dilemma when the changes went into effect.

(Because I went out in the morning and didn't get back on game till like 1 or 2pm Eastern)
  • Options
    @Shan please clarify for us the conflicting points from the two messages? Why in the first message less trainers and now more trainers, first more crew now less 1* crew and no mention of other rarities?

What are the % definitions of "slightly" less, "a little more", and "a greater chance"?

The first message gave the impression we'd have "a greater chance" of crew dropping in general, including regular 4*s - including but not only the voyage-exclusives.

Thanks!

*Players are currently reporting far less chrons and an unnoticeable increase in credits if any.

There's also a distinction between "earn a little more credits" (as in, the amount of credits given with all drops will be increased) and an increased chance of them dropping as an item itself. I was hoping it would be the former, but looks like it's the latter.
  • Options
    I've always gotten rep rations before today on EVERY voyage. I am now getting ZERO rep rations. Secret Nerf. Not in notes.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some. I suspect they have increased the size of the reward pool so rewards are more subject to chane.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it's too much to ask DB to publish the old and the new loot tables and put an end to all this confusion and guesswork?
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it's too much to ask DB to publish the old and the new loot tables and put an end to all this confusion and guesswork?

They won't even give us real drop rates of standard missions, lol.

I'd be pleasantly surprised, nee shocked if they did so.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    On my first voyage started after the changes, 11.2 hours (one refresh) before recall, 37 purple rations and 537 chrons.

I think the 37 rations was 2 drops of 18-19, so given the infrequency there is a large amount of rng on those.

Also on trainers, have people noticed if they are getting one or two gold trainers per drop, I saw two the few times I was paying attention. Maybe the lowered they frequency slightly but now you get two each drop for a net increase.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Erin told us we would be getting fewer Trainers...
    Hello again, Captains,

[*] Heads up -- we’re going to be rebalancing the Voyages loot table. This will be the first change since the feature launched. We’ll have more details about this later, but these are small adjustments and not drastic changes. You’ll earn slightly fewer Chronitons and Trainers, but you’ll earn a little more Credits, and have a greater chance of getting crew (including all-new Voyages-exclusive crew). Stay tuned.

But Shan says we will be getting more...
    Shan admin
    12:13PM in Starfleet Communications
    Greetings, Captains!

Today we are releasing a server update which contains changes to Voyages.
    These changes are intended to balance rewards to fit a greater variety of playstyles, and are as follows:

- Slightly increased chances to earn Credits, Training Programs, and Components.
    So Erin or Shan, which one is it and if there has been a change, why?

Has anyone told you yet you are comparing apples to apples?

{Erin IS Shan!!!!!}

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    {Erin IS Shan!!!!!}

Not sure if you're being literal or not, but Erin and Shan are different people.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    {Erin IS Shan!!!!!}

Not sure if you're being literal or not, but Erin and Shan are different people.

I took it as humour along the lines of Soylent Green.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

You may be right.

I may be crazy.

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

You may be right.

I may be crazy.

You are not the lunatic we are looking for. Move along. :)

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    {Erin IS Shan!!!!!}

They are? Then I apologize. I thought I has seen Shan sign some Posts here or on the game page as "Erin". My bad and I apologize to the person who was right they are different peoples.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    {DD} Capt Jello{DD} Capt Jello ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    So, doubtful we will see a response from either (or the same) Admin. Shame what they say and do are completely different and deceitful... Comment moderated ˜Shan I really expect nothing more. They throw a bone to everyone now and then (Will Scarlet) because they HAVE to, not because they want to. Has anyone kept count of the number of Sorrytons we've received over the last 2 years? I backed Voyages from the start and have enjoyed the rewards given. Instead of doing what their customer base asks (fix problems in the game, change duplicate icons, expand the reward structure on events since their player base has increased immensely since release, etc, etc, etc),Comment moderated ˜Shan
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    So, doubtful we will see a response from either (or the same) Admin. Shame what they say and do are completely different and deceitful... Comment moderated ˜Shan I really expect nothing more. They throw a bone to everyone now and then (Will Scarlet) because they HAVE to, not because they want to. Has anyone kept count of the number of Sorrytons we've received over the last 2 years? I backed Voyages from the start and have enjoyed the rewards given. Instead of doing what their customer base asks (fix problems in the game, change duplicate icons, expand the reward structure on events since their player base has increased immensely since release, etc, etc, etc),Comment moderated ˜Shan

Isn't that refreshing, a voice that still has the guts to speak out the truth!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FutureImperfecta
    Well phrased. It isn't an issue I have at the moment, but I hope to be there one day.
  • Options
    I would also like some sort of reply or clarification so...

*bump*
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not in DBs character to reply to these threads or respond to these situations.

DB has the flawed perception that they're selling a limited resource like wheat or gold, and don't seem to understand that there is no difference in cost of goods sold for 1 or 1 million chrons or trombone Rikers. Instead they're trying to create an artificial scarcity and hoard their infinitely reproducible virtual items.

What's the worst that could happen, people get so engaged that DB sells so many chrons and crew that they have to hire more people to pump out characters faster? What a horrible place to be in, you have to grow your company to increase your profits.
    Somebody send them a copy of the rules of acquisition!
  • Options
    Clarification and more transparency would be great. I would like to know what I am getting myself into prior to stepping in.

They could have simply increased the amount of each item (Chrons, Credits, etc) received when they appeared rather than alter the drop rates on what people utilize Voyages for in the first place.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista