Home The Bridge
Options

Give me something to spend dilithium on

After getting burned so many times, I've made it a personal rule to never buy packs that have ANY crew I already have fully fused in them. I did buy one of the new dilithium packs, and used to to buy 10 crew slots, but now there's pretty much nothing else to spend it on, so I won't be buying any additional dilithium packs.

Not buying Terran Backup because I KNOW I'll get Mirror Phlox, Mirror Tucker, Mirror Empress Sato or Mirror Archer.
Not buying Time Trouble because I KNOW I'll get Chief O'Brien or 1701 Dax.
Not buying Reflections because I KNOW I'll get Mirror Uhura.

I mean, I WANT to fully fuse crew so I can keep churning them into the vault. I WANT to spend money in order to do this. But I'm not going to be stupid about it and waste my money on a pack that is virtually guaranteeing me duplicate crew I don't need.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put out some packs with crew people actually want or need? I would be all over something that guaranteed me even one 4* crew I didn't have fully fused.

Comments

• Options
    Some suggestions here...

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2196/best-use-of-15-000-dilithium#latest

I have similar "rules of thumb" when it comes to using dilithium. in your case, you may want to explore the "Spin the Dabo Wheel until you get everything you want" option. Probability states you should need around 10k dil (although, with the sale now, maybe less since you'll get one additional credit spin).

Before the voyage nerf, I would've also suggested longest voyage possible.

But I think your best buy is still crew slot sale. You can never have enough crew slots.
  • Options
    I should've heeded your warning about buying the stupid pack. I got a mirror Uhura and 4 different ship schematics.

Getting 4 schematics out of a possible 10 cards should just not be a possibility. They need to make schematic only packs or keep them in the credit only packs.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should've heeded your warning about buying the stupid pack. I got a mirror Uhura and 4 different ship schematics.

Getting 4 schematics out of a possible 10 cards should just not be a possibility. They need to make schematic only packs or keep them in the credit only packs.

51itxmdgh3ao.png

I know that feel.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

51itxmdgh3ao.png

I know that feel.

What a lousy pull

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would benefit from two of those people and all the ships. However, I understand what you're saying. Once you get the ships, the schematics are worse than extra crew because they cannot be translated into honor.
  • Options
    Should be able to buy Citations for Dilithium, or at least behold citations.

I follow that same rule,
    Only buy if anything I can pull is a win.
  • Options
    I really wish i could just buy honor
  • Options
    ... I mean, I WANT to fully fuse crew so I can keep churning them into the vault. I WANT to spend money in order to do this. But I'm not going to be stupid about it and waste my money on a pack that is virtually guaranteeing me duplicate crew I don't need.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put out some packs with crew people actually want or need? I would be all over something that guaranteed me even one 4* crew I didn't have fully fused.

Totally agree! I'd pay more for a pack if I knew it wouldn't be all airlock fodder. As it is, total gamble.

They could use a variable price, depending on how many a player has FF.

Hopefully, one day...
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I keep saying this, and I don't know why, it's just shouting into a black hole. But DB would sell a crap ton more event and special packs if they'd increase the honor 10x for named crew in those packs while the packs were active.

It's one thing to know you're going to get screwed buying the packs, and the honor from crew dismissal isn't enough to notice, even after 10 failed packs.
    At least you'd feel like they briefly considered getting some lube out if you could see the honor needle move and you got closer to a citation.
  • Options
    I really wish i could just buy honor

You can...one time anyway. Just keep extending voyage lengths, that comes with a lot of honor rewards.
  • Options
    Plus a 20 hour voyage is worth 10,000 honor in achievements
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    You got what you asked for. a pack with no repeats is coming for next weeks event
  • Options
    You got what you asked for. a pack with no repeats is coming for next weeks event

Except with community rewards you'll get a 4/4 by doing well enough in the event, so the same problem exists.
  • Options
    BigstupidgrinBigstupidgrin ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I almost like generic packs more than event pulls; my chances of getting a duplicate 4* are less there than most event packs. The problem with that strategy is you could fill up your crew slots with useless 1/4 crew that will never be useful even at 4/4. Most event crew seem to be better than old non-event crew (with exceptions of course).

If that doesn't interest you, you can just wait for a faction event that doesn't have a recurring crew you already own. It's nice to be leveling up a threshold crew while sending out shuttles.

Another option already mentioned is to extend a voyage. Especially now that you get some achievement honor for it.