Home Ready Room

Things we do now that a veteran player would cringe at

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
Or, at which a veteran player would cringe.

Thanks @Admiral Newt for the idea.

This is an awesome game, so hit awesome if you like the comment.

Here's my first: (and I've done it)
Spending over 2 million credits on 90k pulls because you have over 5 million and hey, why not?

Comments

• Upgrading a random 3* crew's equipment just because it has an orange square around it and I like to keep things tidy

Having no idea that all these shuttle time reduction boosts could come in really handy during Faction event

Installing the game randomly, playing for 16 mins, then not touching it for 3 months. Open it up again and start to play properly... have no idea what is what, so spend my 4000 chronitons on getting equpment for a load of 1* and 2* charachters that get immediately airlocked the moment once I have a few 4* and hit my crew limit

• DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    FEwe2 wrote: »
    Installing the game randomly, playing for 16 mins, then not touching it for 3 months. Open it up again and start to play properly... have no idea what is what, so spend my 4000 chronitons on getting equpment for a load of 1* and 2* charachters that get immediately airlocked the moment once I have a few 4* and hit my crew limit
    You had me at "installing the game" .... O.o
  • FEwe2 wrote: »
    Upgrading a random 3* crew's equipment just because it has an orange square around it and I like to keep things tidy

Used to do this all the time. Gotta get those crew notifications down to zero XD.

• FEwe2 wrote: »
    Upgrading a random 3* crew's equipment just because it has an orange square around it and I like to keep things tidy

Used to do this all the time. Gotta get those crew notifications down to zero XD.

Seriously this. It's worse than email notifications.

I'm also not proud of my initial honor spending (*cough* trainers).
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Mr. Doctor wrote: »
    I'm also not proud of my initial honor spending (*cough* trainers).
    I am. The only reason I got so much honor from Voyages is that I had crew for Voyages. The only reason I got crew for Voyages when Voyages appeared is said trainers. I stopped doing that before going trainer-positive, but it was critical in initial period.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying shirts for credits in faction stores
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to buy legendary rations with honor. So much that I had 180 at one time. Now Voyages has given me thousands for free and they are just sitting there in my inventory
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a few 3* characters from faction shops to get them FF (Torres, Vedek Wynn, Klingon Dukat). Of course, I've airlocked dozens of them since.
  • Accidentally bought some unnecessary crew slots because I wasn't paying attention...
  • ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    There's such a thing as unnecessary crew slots?
  • Eeeeeek!!!!!!
  • [quote][/quote]

• Eeeeeek!!!!

Snacks. Mmmm.chew sjp. Chew. Yummy snacks,woooot! Gives :: you the itchy butt dance curse:: eeeeeeek!!!!

• RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    FEwe2 wrote: »

This is not a bad thing to do at all and certainly not cringeworthy ... if you are at a stage in the game where you still need to equip and level 3* crew then you aren't doing anything wrong at all.

You'll need to equip that crew at a certain point and if you don't want to, what are they doing on your roster?

The thing you're probably doing "wrong" is levelling 3* crew that you are not yet ready to level, maybe they are not FF yet ... they should either be at lvl 1 (with their first item equipped, I mean, who cares about 1 0* uniform) or on their way up for immortalisation and cryo purposes and so you'll want to be equipping them as fast as possible.

As for crew notifications at zero ... they should be, you should be focusing on levelling 1 to 3 crew (max.) at a time ... all other crew on your roster should be either level 1 or 100 FE.
    The only exception might be at the very, very, early stages of the game where you'll need a spread of crew to meet all skills ... but this might last a week or so, and then you should be equipping random 3*s because they will be your bread and butter crew (with 2*s) in the early stages.