Home Ready Room

Upgrading (merging) a character.

Hi I'm new to this game so please dont beat me up over this question. Does it matter if I were to upgrade my lvl 20 character with a level 1 character? I only ask because in some games its actually better to merge to characters of the same level because the base stats are the same and therefore higher.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you merge them you will have two stars and stay at the higher level. So in this case your now two star crew member will be at level 20
  • So does that mean there is no benefit to leveling up the level 1 before merging into the higher character?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    So does that mean there is no benefit to leveling up the level 1 before merging into the higher character?

Whenever you merge two crew together, the level of the merge will always be the highest of the two you are merging. (Examples: a 2/5 Wrathful Khan at level 100 merged with a 1/5 Wrathful Khan at level 1 will result in a 3/5 Wrathful Khan at level 100; a 2/5 Wrathful Khan at level 40 merged with a 1/5 Wrathful Khan at level 80 will result in a 3/5 Wrathful Khan at level 80.)

So if I understand what you're asking, it doesn't make sense to level up your newest crew to be merged, if your existing crew to be merged has a higher level.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • I suppose my question is, if I can articulate it would be... If I have a 100 and I get another to merge, will my end stats be any better if I level the new one to level 100 also then merge the two 100s or will it come out the same as if I had just left it at level 1 and merged right away?
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose my question is, if I can articulate it would be... If I have a 100 and I get another to merge, will my end stats be any better if I level the new one to level 100 also then merge the two 100s or will it come out the same as if I had just left it at level 1 and merged right away?

It will come out the same as if you had left the new one at level 1.
    LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • So my question is really not about the "level" but the accompanying 1-3 stats that each character has. For example will I end up with more SCIENCE if I merge two level 100s together, or will the final Science stats be the same if I merge a level 100 with a level 1?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my question is really not about the "level" but the accompanying 1-3 stats that each character has. For example will I end up with more SCIENCE if I merge two level 100s together[...]?

No. It makes no difference in any way, shape or form. Stats will be the same when fully leveled no matter what you do.

• I suppose my question is, if I can articulate it would be... If I have a 100 and I get another to merge, will my end stats be any better if I level the new one to level 100 also then merge the two 100s or will it come out the same as if I had just left it at level 1 and merged right away?

It will come out the same as if you had left the new one at level 1.
    LLAP

Thanks
  • So my question is really not about the "level" but the accompanying 1-3 stats that each character has. For example will I end up with more SCIENCE if I merge two level 100s together, or will the final Science stats be the same if I merge a level 100 with a level 1?

There is an adjustment to the 3 skills with each added "star"; the increases have nothing to do with the level of the merged crew used to level.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
    I don’t understand why you are getting all of these complex, indirect answers. 🤦‍♀️
    The simple answer is, there is no benefit to increasing the level of your second copy. It’s fine to leave it completely unequipped at level 1.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How in the world were the answers complex and indirect? Everyone who answered did so as succinctly and directly as possible, I thought. That is, once we realized exactly what it was the OP was asking.

• wow- i just 'dismissed' all my duplicates because I thought you stats would be higher if you merged them all at level 100.... so i dismissed the new level 1 crew to focus on leveling the original to level 100, the plan was then to level the duplicate up to 100 and merge. there is no difference and in fact I should have just hit merge on each ;/