Home The Bridge
Options

So What's the Advantage to a Squadron?

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm in a Squadron. I've no issue there. But I see almost no benefit. The squadron rewards are a few rations that are fewer than you get from a 2 hour voyage, even with reductions. The money is a pittance, too. It's better than nothing, I grant, but I see no significant reward.

The only true benefit I see is that the squadron leader can share a character in some events. That is nice. My squadron leader shares a great character who k couldn't have done without a month ago, though now I don't need it every round as I did then.

Will they ever increase the squadron rewards so they matter?

And is there a benefit to being a Squadron leader?

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in a Squadron. I've no issue there. But I see almost no benefit. The squadron rewards are a few rations that are fewer than you get from a 2 hour voyage, even with reductions. The money is a pittance, too. It's better than nothing, I grant, but I see no significant reward.

The only true benefit I see is that the squadron leader can share a character in some events. That is nice. My squadron leader shares a great character who k couldn't have done without a month ago, though now I don't need it every round as I did then.

Will they ever increase the squadron rewards so they matter?

And is there a benefit to being a Squadron leader?

Sharing crew is more than nice, its frigging awesome. As a squad leader you can really help your lower echelon members start to perform. A squad leader does get a small amount of VP from the times they use the shared character.

Also squad chat has let my squad mentor each other along in a smaller setting without the noise of UC or a full fleet chat.
  • Options
    The crew-sharing mechanic lets squad members have an extra high-powered crew to send out on shuttles, raising success chances, meaning more points over the course of the event. Meanwhile, the squad leader gets extra points every time a squad member uses their crew. So everyone in the squad ranks a little higher than they would if they went solo. And that's not even considering the squad rewards.
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    A squad leader does get a small amount of VP from the times they use the shared character.

I wouldn't call it small, myself. I've topped 25k VP from the shared character on Shuttle events.

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSMone01 wrote: »
    A squad leader does get a small amount of VP from the times they use the shared character.

I wouldn't call it small, myself. I've topped 25k VP from the shared character on Shuttle events.

Yeah, the amount very much depends on your squad, of course. In my old (mostly inactive) fleet, I was lucky to get 6k in bonus VP from sharing a crew member. As leader of my current squadron, I've already topped the number you mentioned above (but then, we're in the top 20 right now as a squad).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    If you don't see an advantage from a squad, you're in the wrong fleet
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    My squads pretty mixed with some relatively inexperienced players, so for me it's pretty minor in comparison to my own score.

(Ive hit 15-20k bonus before, with my own score in the 450k range.... )
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    CSMone01 wrote: »

Yeah, the amount very much depends on your squad, of course. In my old (mostly inactive) fleet, I was lucky to get 6k in bonus VP from sharing a crew member. As leader of my current squadron, I've already topped the number you mentioned above (but then, we're in the top 20 right now as a squad).

My max amount of bonus VP from my squadmates was 36,000. It is a really nice boost!
  • Options
    Wow. I can barely get that high in total.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I can barely get that high in total.

It takes time to build crew and build up your ability on faction events.
  • Options
    Squad bonus can be over 100k.. just make sure your members are using the share.
    Always rotate squads for best shares.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    92K bonus last week from my awesome squad Audentes Fortuna Iuvat :)