Home The Bridge
Options

Locutus proficiency increased?

faroguyfaroguy ✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
Just was doing the gauntlet and noticed that Locutus got a boost to his security proficiency, putting it over 700. His other stats also went up a bit.
3l5lis8kqwak.png

Comments

• Options
    It’s those damn proficiency starbase rooms.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    27 million credits???
  • Options
    Right, I forgot about the new rooms. Nothing to see here! 😁
  • Options
    Join a fleet ASAP, advocating a 50+ level starbase, and you will be A-OK. Let's face it, you are joining a MMO mobile game, and that is the way to go.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I am not so fond of the proficiency boosts applying to gauntlet. Locutus was already a frightening beast, way OP as is, now it's just ridiculous.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I am not so fond of the proficiency boosts applying to gauntlet. Locutus was already a frightening beast, way OP as is, now it's just ridiculous.

Well, at the point most fleets currently are with their proficiency rooms (1% boost), it's proven to be barely a blip on the radar, in my experience so far. RNG takes care of any tiny difference like that. Once it gets to 7% or 8%, then it'll probably have an effect. But a lot of fleets should get to that point at the same time, so that effect will be slightly lessened because of that.

It does continue to hammer home the point of how important it is to not only be in a fleet, but a good fleet.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I rather expected that the proficiency rooms would not affect the gauntlet, given how unbalanced it would make things. But, I am yet again disappointed.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think proficiency boosts affecting gauntlet was exactly the purpose. DB has said they recognize the staleness issue with gauntlet. They've now created a way to try and differentiate the numbers a little.
  • Options
    The down side to changing this up is eventually everyone can get it and level out the playing field again
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Well, at the point most fleets currently are with their proficiency rooms (1% boost), it's proven to be barely a blip on the radar, in my experience so far. RNG takes care of any tiny difference like that. Once it gets to 7% or 8%, then it'll probably have an effect. But a lot of fleets should get to that point at the same time, so that effect will be slightly lessened because of that.

It does continue to hammer home the point of how important it is to not only be in a fleet, but a good fleet.

My fleet is already at 3% for a few skills and I really notice the difference in a few battles. On a multi skill roll for someone like Locutus, it can mean 30-40 points.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resistance is futile.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?