Home The Bridge
Options

DB Please put the special offer back

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
I don't understand why you'd set it to run 24 hours when you also said people would see it on their first login between Thursday and like Christmas or whatever. It's like you don't want people to be able to buy it. I for one am probably going to end up with A LOT of iTunes gift cards by then, so really you're almost personally telling me to spend them on something else. Please put it back in game somehow, hopefully with the event packs like you did on Cyber Monday.

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pseudo-scarcity incentivizes impulse purchases, I suppose. But, yeah, put it back up, please. 🎅🏼
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I understand that, I bought the pack once already. I was planning to buy it again but it had already disappeared. For me its a personal preference not to give DB $30 all at once, but for some people it's necessity. They either get paid over the weekend, or in this case, are getting money/app store gift cards for the holidays.
  • Options
    I second that.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questionable business decisions abound. Obviously DB thinks that artificial scarcity and impulse buying trump gift cards and long term availability.
    Looking at companies making millions a day, like Supercell, and their sale patterns, and what tempts me, I'm not sure DB's got the right strategy. But I don't see their books either.
  • Options
    Just like portal pulls... when you get lucky, you try again... psuedo-scarcity worked on me... DB, you should try again! (Hint: I will buy another three!)
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Options
    I thought it said that the special dilithium offer would be available until 27th December so only bought one at the time. Would buy again if it was still on.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda hoping that they have something better on Monday. I'd rather packs than dilithium.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    please fix the game so I can actually see them. you make it unbearable with game issues at the worst times. it's almost like you don't want me to give you hundreds each month.
  • Options
    I thought it said that the special dilithium offer would be available until 27th December so only bought one at the time. Would buy again if it was still on.

It said available for 24 hours. It’s in Starfleet Communications if you want to see it again.
    The dabo and crew slot deal is until the 27th
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why you'd set it to run 24 hours when you also said people would see it on their first login between Thursday and like Christmas or whatever. It's like you don't want people to be able to buy it. I for one am probably going to end up with A LOT of iTunes gift cards by then, so really you're almost personally telling me to spend them on something else. Please put it back in game somehow, hopefully with the event packs like you did on Cyber Monday.

Hey, last month it was just TWELVE HOURS. They doubled the timer, at least.......

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    No loss for me, but the confusing communication and limited time cost them my purchases at least. I can't speak to anybody else, but that sounds to be repeated by a few at least. And I'm not taking today's Monday offer. Crap as usual.