Home The Bridge
Options

DB, please fix your existing bugs first!

[RO]BitterDevil[RO]BitterDevil ✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
About 4 months ago I created a ticket regarding the gauntlet notification bug. A bug that fails to notify that the 4h reset has...reseted(unless you enter the gauntlet and exit again or restart the game), thus making players miss many rounds. The answer was less than satisfying "we have yet to receive WIDESPREAD reports but we will look into it". Ofc, the issue still exists.

The funny starts with the new server build...which introduces Voyage notifications.

You guessed it, folks! It doesn't work either!

So, my question is: Why introduce something that doesn't work, when you already had an identical problem with a similar feature?

LE. Title redone because of negativity.

Comments

• Options
    All you have to do is look at the event this weekend, and you have your answer.
  • Options
    And I have had multiple voyages fail bc the new "your voyage is about to fail" notification when you reach 200 antimatter only works about 50% of the time.
  • Options
    My mistake, I wasn't very clear. I'm talking about the notification bubble that pops up on the gauntlets icon.
  • Options
    Oh ok. So we have the same issue then.
  • Options
    Not according to DB!
  • Options
    DB: there is no spoon
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    With regard to gauntlet, I believe this is working as intended. Your crew doesn't refresh after 4 hours if you are idle.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I feel this thread and the issue it brings up would be much better served by a more descriptive and less antagonistic subject title, I do fully agree that the yellow notification number on the Gauntlet icon has never worked properly. I have missed the final round of Gauntlet more times than I can count because of this.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »
    With regard to gauntlet, I believe this is working as intended. Your crew doesn't refresh after 4 hours if you are idle.

That doesn't make any sense. If it is so, why the countdown and why, when you enter without the bubble popping up and the 4h have passed, the crew is refreshed?
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't make any sense. If it is so, why the countdown and why, when you enter without the bubble popping up and the 4h have passed, the crew is refreshed?

The countdown is necessary, and to the second part - Schrödinger's Cat.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    While I feel this thread and the issue it brings up would be much better served by a more descriptive and less antagonistic subject title, I do fully agree that the yellow notification number on the Gauntlet icon has never worked properly. I have missed the final round of Gauntlet more times than I can count because of this.

More descriptive how?

And the antagonism is well deserved because by not fixing the main issue and creating another identical problem, DB shows very little respect towards its customers. Especially since it is a known issue.
  • Options

The countdown is necessary, and to the second part - Schrödinger's Cat.

So...the crew refreshes and it doesn't...and it's intended....you lost me...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

More descriptive how?

In my view, it'd probably be more likely to be seen (and taken seriously) by DB admins if the subject included a reference to the actual issue, and not just an (understandably) frustrated rhetorical question that could be about anything.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crew refreshes after four hours. But if you wait until five hours has passed, they don't refresh until you open the box. Maybe not the best Schrödinger's Cat reference.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

More descriptive how?

In my view, it'd probably be more likely to be seen (and taken seriously) by DB admins if the subject included a reference to the actual issue, and not just an (understandably) frustrated rhetorical question that could be about anything.

Agreed! The old forums were rife with these/those kinds of posts and is why I called for a curbing of the negativity.
    Make a productive title which properly addresses an issue = more likely to get a productive answer or solution.
    Make a cryptic antagonizing title which leaves whatever issue obscure = more like to be ignored and considered some sensationalizing wacko who is foaming at the mouth on these forums like always.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Guess what...I have made many threads such as this one, regarding various issues in the Engineering section without being antagonistic. You know how many answers from DB I have gotten? 0
    I have created tickets, same style, non-antagonistic. You know what I got? Copy-paste answers.
    Trust me, when I come here and I'm being antagonistic is because I have exhausted all other avenues.

For the negativity part...sorry, but the negativity is a simptom...you can't ask for less negativity when DB shows no respect.
  • Options
    The crew refreshes after four hours. But if you wait until five hours has passed, they don't refresh until you open the box. Maybe not the best Schrödinger's Cat reference.

That's a given...it would be bad if it would refresh and start a countdown by itself. The issue is with the bubble not appearing when the countdown has reached it's end. Are we supposed to guess, set our watches?
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is with the bubble not appearing when the countdown has reached it's end.

I haven't noticed this happen except when the game is idle, which again I think is intentional.

• Options
    The issue is with the bubble not appearing when the countdown has reached it's end.

I haven't noticed this happen except when the game is idle, which again I think is intentional.

Well...that is your perception. In my case, it happens even when I play.

What I fail to understand is why are you trying to convince me and others that the bug isn't a bug? The purpose of the bubble is to tell the player when the countdown is over...why would it appear only when the game is not idle? (which is not the case here) Where is the logic?
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I fail to understand is why are you trying to convince me and others that the bug isn't a bug? The purpose of the bubble is to tell the player when the countdown is over...why would it appear only when the game is not idle? (which is not the case here) Where is the logic?

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Clearly I've not experienced what you have. My gauntlet indicator properly reflects the number of refreshed crew I have. Any discussion of whether it updates when idle is sort of like asking if the light on the refrigerator is on when the door is closed. I don't know what the indicator shows when the game is closed or the screen is locked.

I do know that the crew won't refresh when the timer ends if the game is idle. Neither you nor I knows if that's a bug or by design.
  • Options
    [RO]BitterDevil[RO]BitterDevil ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Clearly I've not experienced what you have. My gauntlet indicator properly reflects the number of refreshed crew I have. Any discussion of whether it updates when idle is sort of like asking if the light on the refrigerator is on when the door is closed. I don't know what the indicator shows when the game is closed or the screen is locked.

I do know that the crew won't refresh when the timer ends if the game is idle. Neither you nor I knows if that's a bug or by design.

Idle doesn't mean closed. Idle is not only when the screen is locked. Idle is also when the game is open but you are not using it.
    So, let me spell it out for you cause you are not making any sense. When I play, and the countdown is over, the bubble should appear, THAT'S ITS PURPOSE! When I keep the game open, without using it, the bubble should appear, THAT'S ITS PURPOSE! When I play on the phone and I switch between apps, The bubble should appear, THAT'S ITS PURPOSE!
    The thread is not about the number of refreshed crew. Where in the conversation did you see any reference to the number of crew?
    And you are trying to convince that this is not a bug. You keep saying that "maybe it's intended". WHY WOULD A NOTIFICATION BE INTENDED NOT TO NOTIFY WHEN IT SHOULD NOTIFY? Does that make any sense whatsoever to you? "Guys, let's make a notification for the game, BUT IT SHOULD NOT NOTIFY!"

PS. You can actually see that the light turns off when you're about half a centimeter away from closing the refrigerator door.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I have no clue what you mean by bubble. To me, that means the number on the gauntlet icon. Mine changes to 5 when my crew refreshes. My crew doesn't refresh when idle. Maybe asleep would be a better word than idle.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I removed some comments from this thread and would like to remind everyone that accusations against other players/fleet are not allowed. If you have concerns, contact me and/or submit a ticket - thanks!