Home Make It So!
Options

Crew recruitment and stowaways.

With the recent Dil offer, and half price crew slots, I recently increased my crew slots by a lot. Most of these slots have been filled with stowaways. I have four 1/2 star Kathryn Janeways, plus another banging on the hull demanding to come in.

Rather than crew automatically sneaking aboard, it would be better if they could form an orderly queue outside the airlock. If I want to allow the crew member in, I could beam that aboard.
Crew wanting to join my vessel could stay at the bottom of the crew roster like currently, or be put in a separate tab like the reenlistment tab.

If I jettison a crew member so that I can thaw Kes, I don't want another Janeway sneaking in before I can thaw Kes.

Also DB, for potential crew banging on the hull, can you please label them if I have already immortalised and frozen them. Similar to the duplicate label.

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the recent Dil offer, and half price crew slots, I recently increased my crew slots by a lot. Most of these slots have been filled with stowaways. I have four 1/2 star Kathryn Janeways, plus another banging on the hull demanding to come in.

Rather than crew automatically sneaking aboard, it would be better if they could form an orderly queue outside the airlock. If I want to allow the crew member in, I could beam that aboard.
    Crew wanting to join my vessel could stay at the bottom of the crew roster like currently, or be put in a separate tab like the reenlistment tab.

If I jettison a crew member so that I can thaw Kes, I don't want another Janeway sneaking in before I can thaw Kes.

Also DB, for potential crew banging on the hull, can you please label them if I have already immortalised and frozen them. Similar to the duplicate label.

All points well (and amusingly) said. I agree wholeheartedly. I get some new people I think I will need before the 6 day toner is up, but I have others I want to enlist first.

And I especially agree with the last point. If I have a copy of them frozen, I want to know.
  • Options
    I'm bumping this in the hopes of getting more responses and opinions.

And hopefully DB will see it and say, "What a great idea. We'll implement it immediately."
  • Options
    sounds like a bang on plan, here is to hoping DB takes notice.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than adding some queueing system, I think it would be a lot easier to have a "Airlock all overflow" button.

So the steps to accomplish what you're intent would be:
    1. Airlock all overflow
    2. Chryo/Airlock whoever you want to get rid of in your current crew
    3. Restore the Chryo/Airlocked crew that you want to fill that slot
  • Options
    But you can't reenlist them after aitlocking them if you have no space.

Right now I have 65 crew spots. I have a couple of crew counting down days to auto-airlock while I immortalize their friends. I want to be able to have those new crew later, but I want to decide which order they should come aboard. If I get rid of all the waiting crew to cryo an old crew and unfreeze one, then all those waiting crew are gone for good. At this time I can't afford more crew space--and that's alright. I get along fairly well. I don't know how those with 300 crew need that many at a time, but to each his or her own. That said, I would appreciate DB making more slots available for credits, merits, or honor. Dilithium-only crew slots are limiting (which is the point, I know; and I don't really complain because I can still do well playing for free).