Home Ready Room
Options

Faction Galaxy hybrid events...

How many chrons do you think is sufficient before a top 25 finish is possible, without farming beforehand? I know this is asking for estimates and guesses, but I really don't want to invest unless I can get multiple copies of the 5* reward.

Comments

• Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Top 25..... probably 10000+
    More than likely it higher than that.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Taking the "without farming beforehand" statement perhaps a bit too literally, the assumption here would be there is no meaningful amount of inventory built up of any basic/common/uncommon components or equipment that are used in Galaxy supply recipes, and all items would need to be obtained during the event - in practical reality, most players without intentionally doing any Galaxy pre-farming, will find themselves with at least some of these in plentiful stock (e.g., I never find myself without a ton of basic alcohol, and never need to get more during a Galaxy event).

I recently, after a healthy amount of pre-farming, tried to push hard beyond just a top 1000 ranking, to see how high I could finish in Galaxy event, and ended up in 91st place. I wish I had taken a screenshot of the top of the leaderboard near the end of the event so that I could confirm this for you, but my best recollection was I would have need around double my amount of Victory Points in order to have qualified for a second copy of the 5* reward - speaking of which, I think in some events this requires a top 15 (i.e., and not just a top 25) finish.

Extrapolating from the above, and guesstimating the amount of Chronitons I had invested into my pre-farming, I think to give themselves a strong chance of earning multiple copies of the 5* reward in a Galaxy event, minimally a player would need at least 50,000 Chronitons. Of course I trust you understand that the participation/competition level amongst events varies, and so what would be 'sufficient' in one event could be 'insufficient' in another.
  • Options
    Irial wrote: »
    Taking the "without farming beforehand" statement perhaps a bit too literally, the assumption here would be there is no meaningful amount of inventory built up of any basic/common/uncommon components or equipment that are used in Galaxy supply recipes, and all items would need to be obtained during the event - in practical reality, most players without intentionally doing any Galaxy pre-farming, will find themselves with at least some of these in plentiful stock (e.g., I never find myself without a ton of basic alcohol, and never need to get more during a Galaxy event).

I recently, after a healthy amount of pre-farming, tried to push hard beyond just a top 1000 ranking, to see how high I could finish in Galaxy event, and ended up in 91st place. I wish I had taken a screenshot of the top of the leaderboard near the end of the event so that I could confirm this for you, but my best recollection was I would have need around double my amount of Victory Points in order to have qualified for a second copy of the 5* reward - speaking of which, I think in some events this requires a top 15 (i.e., and not just a top 25) finish.

Extrapolating from the above, and guesstimating the amount of Chronitons I had invested into my pre-farming, I think to give themselves a strong chance of earning multiple copies of the 5* reward in a Galaxy event, minimally a player would need at least 50,000 Chronitons. Of course I trust you understand that the participation/competition level amongst events varies, and so what would be 'sufficient' in one event could be 'insufficient' in another.

In the past few galaxy events, I've incidentally had a lot of resources already there, but I'd have to see if I have a lot now or not (if I'm deciding to go hard next). Hard to tell if I'm going to have much of an advantage there.

It seems like hybrid events have less competition (the one I got a high ranking in was a hybrid), but the upcoming event is still in the mega-event. Maybe I should just be content to finish my Mirror Picard (I was able to upgrade him with a citation) and wait for an event later.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the Lorca Discovery event I finished 8th with 16000. That was a faction hybrid. I now have 62,000 chronitons and growing
  • Options
    It all depends on how many players are interested in the new characters.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    And don't forget that this is an extended event. (Well, assuming they get it right this week.) Longer events likely mean another day's worth of investment in order to hold rank.
  • Options
    PaPa ✭✭
    [...] after a healthy amount of pre-farming[...]

What missions would you consider pre-farming for this event? I've looked up the last events, but it's quite diverse. Are there some missions where you can get items that always turn up in galaxy events?
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Pa wrote: »
    [...] after a healthy amount of pre-farming[...]

What missions would you consider pre-farming for this event? I've looked up the last events, but it's quite diverse. Are there some missions where you can get items that always turn up in galaxy events?

here's a good example of some of the common components ... (don't pay too much attention to the output) ... farm missions for which you have a low supply of components.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Supply_Mission

For example: Key items I always seem to run out of are things like 0* Text Book, 1* Novel etc. etc.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why pre-farm? You would use those chrons during the event to get those items anyway. Also that way you know you are only getting what you need
  • Options
    Why pre-farm? You would use those chrons during the event to get those items anyway. Also that way you know you are only getting what you need

Because I like to stay under the cap so I get the natural chron regen. As I'm going to eventually use anything I farm anyway, it's more efficient for me in the long run. With the recent voyage nerf, the 10/hr chron regen is more relevant to me than before.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus, during the event, you can use the supply kits and make it cheaper.

However, carefully prefarming means constantly using your chronitons, which means the auto-refill (slow as it is) gives more chronitons in the long run.
  • Options
    Turns out 20-21K chrons took me from outside the top 1,000 in the faction phase to an 18th place finish. A possibly big variable is having Mirror Picard at FF/FE; I'd assume most people vying for the top 25 have the same advantage. I finished with 1.6 million VP, the top finisher got over 5 million, and top 10 was around 2.5 million.

It will be interesting to see how next week's galaxy event goes. How many people will still have resources to spare?