Home Make It So!

Something New

An idea - though to do something like this you would need to fix the in-game messaging system first. I suspect making the "universal chat" default to "off" and opening the fleet chat window by default might help. Anyway...

How about a weekly Fleet challenge along the following lines:

Each fleet member shares one crew member (creating a pool of up to 50 crew members to use).

These are used to complete 6 missions, one medical, one scientific, one engineering, one diplomacy, one command and one security.

They should be designed so that the only medical skill that matters for the medical mission is that of the very strongest medical crew member in the fleet pool. Other crew members would only contribute by having relevant traits (e.g. investigator). Similarly for the other 5 missions testing different skills. That way, even new low level players could contribute to their fleet. A level 1 gray crew member might be useful if they had the right traits.

Each fleet member would use the fleet crew pool to complete each of the 6 missions just once and obtain points depending on how well they did so. They could do so at any point in the week (so no time pressure).

There should be no option for using Dilithium for this challenge. Big spenders will already have more crew and stronger crew. And it shouldn't take more than 30 mins each week for each fleet member to do the challenge. No grinding! The idea is to have something fun for everyone. DB will benefit if more people play the game for longer - if people get bored and stop playing Timelines DB won't get any money from them at all. So at least one part of the game ought to have an emphasis on fun above all else.

What do people think?

Comments

• Not sure how got this 3 times or how to delete the other 2. Sigh! Sorry folks...
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the actual challenge? What are you completing? If you're only using 1 crew with the best skill what do you really do besides pick a crew? How do traits contribute? If it's just the single crew that matters, what's to stop the top fleets from using the best character in each skill FF and dominating? It's an interesting idea, but I think the gameplay mechanics need a little more work.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how got this 3 times or how to delete the other 2. Sigh! Sorry folks...

I took care of it :)
  • Complete the challenge without any failures, level up a Starbase room?
    Rewards should be: Credits a must of course, shuttle boost perhaps, honour definitely, +chrons?

Could be fun, and keeps the game interesting!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Gameplay mechanics would depend on what DB can realistically do. But maybe something where you can take multiple routes. The optimal route (and the number of points you would gain) would depend on the traits your companion crew possessed. You might only be able to take certain routes if your companions had certain traits and/or you might get more points if your companion crew had certain traits.
  • I would like more ships, how about an actual Dominion battleship? Pretty much every other one has more then 1 version and the Dominion was the main adversary in DS9.
  • I would like more ships, how about an actual Dominion battleship? Pretty much every other one has more then 1 version and the Dominion was the main adversary in DS9.

I agree, when a voyage gives a bonus for dominion, I skip past my low dilithium dominion ship straight to the 2500 beasts. The bonus seems pointless.