Home Engineering Room

Unable to Promote to Squad Leader or Promote to Admiral

Mr. KiteMr. Kite ✭✭
edited December 2017 in Engineering Room
The buttons do nothing for all of us in the fleet. For those who see the buttons, you can click them but nothing happens. Anyone know what's up with this?

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you have this issue with every member of your fleet, it might be due to the specific player you are trying to promote. Support would be the way to go.
  • Mr. KiteMr. Kite ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Yeah this is affecting everything the same in the fleet. All squad leaders cannot transfer leadership to another person and the admiral can't promote an officer to admiral. We've tried multiple permutations.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is very odd.
    Please contact Support so it may be looked into.
  • Reminds me of our squad isses lately, but it was only 1 member that couldn t been promoted to new Squad Leader...although we have a couple members in fleet that have the same issue.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Shan wrote: »
    That is very odd.
    Please contact Support so it may be looked into.

Shan - We have at least two members of our fleet (in different squads) who are afflicted by this bug. We can transfer squad leadership to anybody at any time except for these two individuals. As noted in these other posts, we can click the button to abdicate command, but simply nothing happens.

They both have reported this to Support, explaining the bug in detail and collaborating it with accounts/screenshots from other fleet-mates. However, both have been told that CS thinks that there IS NO problem and each had their ticket abruptly closed with no resolution (or even an attempt to remedy the problem).

Just because Support is unwilling/unable to comprehend the problem does not mean it doesn't exist!! Meanwhile, both players are quite discouraged and we all feel immensely frustrated with no available course of action to ever get this fixed.

So, since we've already tried to "contact Support so it may be looked into" and it's proven futile in our case, do you have any other advice for our fleet? Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • We've encountered the same bug in our fleet. though CS did transfer the command on their end.
    No real cause was determined.
  • Several members of my fleet members submitted tickets. CS could not identify the issue. This was first submitted months ago and another round was submitted last week. So far the bug affects every officer, admiral, and squad leader in our fleet. Still no response. from CS.
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Our officers report the buttons don't show up at all. Only the admiral can promote anyone to anything.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have created this post to continue my discussion in the appropriate Forum. Please see here for backstory:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/236/dropping-a-squadron-leader-what-happens-to-squad#latest

The gist of my problem is that my squadmates can promote each other to Leader, but they cannot promote me. I tried everything that everyone suggested, to no avail.

I then submitted a ticket to CS for their help. They suggested the same things, reset my staus for squadron availability, and then said there was nothing they could do to fix it. Their final answer was to have the current Leader disband the squadron, so that I could then recreate it as the next new Leader.

I am hoping that someone from DB, not Zendesk, will now take a look at why this happened & what they, DB itself, can do to fix it. I will provide the CS ticket number if needed.

Thank you.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I have created this post to continue my discussion in the appropriate Forum. Please see here for backstory:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/236/dropping-a-squadron-leader-what-happens-to-squad#latest

The gist of my problem is that my squadmates can promote each other to Leader, but they cannot promote me. I tried everything that everyone suggested, to no avail.

I then submitted a ticket to CS for their help. They suggested the same things, reset my staus for squadron availability, and then said there was nothing they could do to fix it. Their final answer was to have the current Leader disband the squadron, so that I could then recreate it as the next new Leader.

I am hoping that someone from DB, not Zendesk, will now take a look at why this happened & what they, DB itself, can do to fix it. I will provide the CS ticket number if needed.

Thank you.

Hi Peregrine - My fleet suffers from the same bug, and there's already an existing thread here in the Engineering Room for this reported problem --> https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2480/unable-to-promote-to-squad-leader-or-promote-to-admiral
    Hi, @MOZangelesSD. I apologize for the duplication, which is entirely my fault for not searching the Engineering room threads more thoroughly . I am glad to know that I & my Fleet aren’t alone in experiencing this bug!

My issue is exactly what @Zombie Squirrel describes in y’all’s thread. And for the record, I wholeheartedly second your response to @Shan.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    @Shan, please merge this thread under the existing one. And please take another look at this issue.
    edited January 2018
    I have the same situation, @Zombie Squirrel , and I second @MOZangelesSD. Zendesk was not very supportive of this customer, either, and that was discouraging.

Please take another look at this, @Shan.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player Support does not always have a solution for issues but that being said I will bring it up to the team lead to make sure every representative has the proper instructions on how to handle this.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some update: we do not have a good grasp yet on what may be the cause of the issue, and this of course makes finding a fix more difficult.

For Squadrons the only current viable workaround is to disband it and recreate.

Thanks for the update, Shan.
    edited January 2018
    Comment removed. It was not relevant to the issue at hand and referred to a thread that has been removed. ˜Shan
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are STILL having this issue, as it was reported in Dec and it is now July, could we please get an update as to if this is still being investigated? Did submit support ticket as well. Thank you!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are STILL having this issue, as it was reported in Dec and it is now July, could we please get an update as to if this is still being investigated? Did submit support ticket as well. Thank you!

There has been improvements in that regard but if you were affected prior to some fixes going in, a manual intervention might be needed. I see you have submitted a ticket, I would add a bit more details to it as to which Squadrons are affected.
    Shan wrote: »

There has been improvements in that regard but if you were affected prior to some fixes going in, a manual intervention might be needed. I see you have submitted a ticket, I would add a bit more details to it as to which Squadrons are affected.

Will do and thank you!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like „{ }“ in the player name you try to assign as SL or Admiral are responsable for the failure. We had the same issue, since we use our fleet tag like: {SST}. Once the player removed „{}“ it worked perfectly.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    Things like „{ }“ in the player name you try to assign as SL or Admiral are responsable for the failure. We had the same issue, since we use our fleet tag like: {SST}. Once the player removed „{}“ it worked perfectly.

Thx Zombie! Will give that a try! :smiley:
    Shan wrote: »

Hi Shan,

This is what we got back: Unfortunately, we are not currently able to make changes with the squad leadership. This is a known issue which we are currently investigating.

Oh well, :smile:

Thx Zombie! Will give that a try! :smiley:

It worked! Thank you Zombie, much, much appreciated!! I owe you one! :smiley:
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my fleetmates was constantly having problems with this and she also was using {} in her fleet tag. When she switched to something else she was able to switch back and forth as squad lead without any problems. That seems to be the issue.
  • (#441636) is one of the ticket numbers ... may help some

I am one of Zombie Squirrel's problem fleetmates :-)

If SL has {}, can't transfer FROM .. if receiver has {} can't transfer TO ... but you can change them back later :-)
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    (#441636) is one of the ticket numbers ... may help some

If SL has {}, can't transfer FROM .. if receiver has {} can't transfer TO ... but you can change them back later :-)

And she was it who figured it all out on her own. Merc deserves all the credit for doing DBs job. Thank you.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•

And she was it who figured it all out on her own. Merc deserves all the credit for doing DBs job. Thank you.

Yes, my ticket response said they (DB) were still investigating this issue....the issue that was first reported in December 2017....8 months of investigation and no fix found. Sounds like another on going "investigation".................
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, my ticket response said they (DB) were still investigating this issue....the issue that was first reported in December 2017....8 months of investigation and no fix found. Sounds like another on going "investigation".................

Unfortunately while some issues seem identical they are not always so, neither are their cause.

The information provided in this thread proved very useful in narrowing this particular issue, thank you! It has been forwarded to the team and it will help in getting this resolved.
  • this seems to be happening at random, we have some members who are No longer promote-able either
    hope this isn't becoming an epidemic.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm