Home The Bridge
Options

Operation Earth Did you get the $9.99, 24.99, or 49.99 event offer while up.

WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
Got the 9.99 on my 2nd account Crusoe.
On my main was going to buy the 9.99 with voyage return. But offer now gone.
Saved me ten dollars. My main has 14 crew left to level. I can play for more Mirror Janeway’s With no concern of wasting Chron.

Edit: forgot to mention all the event offers were up.

Comments

• Options
    It will be back in a few days. It's a bug that all of us got.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    cyg3564bayfo.png
    Just thought I would show the state of the crew I am leveling for event.
    I figure Mirror Janeway will be done when my voyage returns. Only other I have left to do is Mirror La Forge. I will only level him part way to take advantage of items rewarded for thresholds.

I think I can use all the items in rewards if I get him to level 80 leaving items open.

Edit: it is going to be nice I should have La Forge FFFE and Janeway 3FFE by tomorrow night. I will have no event crew to worry about on Friday like I usually do.

Edit2: the missing item on bonus crew do not effect base stat. However Mirror Mayweather is waiting on 2 Case File.

Edit3: The reward structure having hyperspanner at 250000 will not let me FFFE Geordi until Saturday. But I am off line on Janeway. I did get her leveled. But until community rewards for 2nd phase, I cannot get a copy of her. I was thinking community rewards at the startof event, I know that is not the case.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was dumb. Thought it was new, bought the 25 dollar pack, nothing came and then the other packs vanished. Was atleast able to warn others in the fleet to not do it. Hopefully the ticket will be solved quickly. I should know better lol :)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @(FF) This Sisko1
    You mean the 25 was for the old event. My 10 was for the new event as well as the 2 event packs.

Maybe you got it when the offer was removed. Just had this thought, what if On Saturday you get it all.
  • Options
    d0wou2ybw6tc.png
    Bought that one. Didn't get the packs and stuff. I'm fine waiting. Don't know why I thought it had changed. I remember the other glitch. I'm sure CS will fix it. But everyone hates waiting :)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Hope the stuff comes. **tsk tsk** having to go through support during an event. I have squeaked the wheel and got quicker responses. Basically I keep replying to the ticket, mentioning that this is critical to event. I got what I consider was a quick response.

I assume you restarted the ap to make sure?
  • Options
    I got caught by this glitch myself went to buy the £49.99 pack got charged for 3x £9.99 mirror janeway packs instead no Mrs Mirror Troi for meh. I feel so fed up and tired of DB hassle's again and again i ask myself "whats the point of all this " :(
    -𝕷𝖔𝖈𝖚𝖙𝖚𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕭𝖔𝖗𝖌-

"𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕦𝕤𝕤 𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕤. 𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕥 𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟"

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @Locutus_of_Borg_
    That is trash. They owe you big on that. You deserve your money back and the right to keep what they gave you. Here in US that is bait and switch and they could be fined big for that. The fine could literally bankrupt them.

Edit: I will take a guess what happened. The offer was there when you clicked to purchase. The only offer that was there to fulfill your purchase was the 9.99 offer. You got three when they went for another it was gone too.
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got caught by this glitch myself went to buy the £49.99 pack got charged for 3x £9.99 mirror janeway packs instead no Mrs Mirror Troi for meh. I feel so fed up and tired of DB hassle's again and again i ask myself "whats the point of all this " :(

Please submit a ticket, and Player Support will work with you to get this resolved.

Unfortunately, some of the offers were erroneously posted, and as others have mentioned, if you tried to purchase them while the offer was being taken down, it can cause the purchase to fail.

Your particular issue isn’t something I’m familiar with. I’m not sure how trying to purchase a single offer could get you charged for 3 different offers, but Player Support will be able to help you out.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is looking like the only offer that worked was the 9.99.
  • Options
    So what you are saying is that you wont honor the and repost the offers as they stood today....Thought that was awesome and if i wasn't at work i would have gotten the Janeway one. Nice to know for future reference .... Buyer BEWARE
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @Black Pebble
    Thanks for post.

I must admit I thought the offers were a new strategy. I also thought it was a smart one. Of course, when they disappeared I realized they were a mistake.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Cloud_1 wrote: »
    So what you are saying is that you wont honor the and repost the offers as they stood today....Thought that was awesome and if i wasn't at work i would have gotten the Janeway one. Nice to know for future reference .... Buyer BEWARE

All of the offers will be posted up later in the week, as they normally are. There weren't any special offers posted that wouldn't have been available, nor were there any packs that gave an insane deal we wouldn't normally offer.

The bug is every single offer for the next 6 days was erroneously posted live, causing the time portal to get overinflated. As an example, the $9.99 Pirate Janeway, like other $9.99 offers, wasn't meant to go up until Sunday.

As I mentioned in a previous post, if you did try to make a purchase during the time the extra offers were up, and the purchase failed, please contact Player Support. We will absolutely honor all transactions made, just as we will when those packs re-appear later this week.
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    In retrospect I think the only mistake made here was DB taking the offers down. I would think all bugs were caused by that action.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    In retrospect I think the only mistake made here was DB taking the offers down. I would think all bugs were caused by that action.

In retrospect, I agree taking the offers down caused more issues than keeping them up would have.

EDIT: Well, I'm agreeing right now, not in retrospect.
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Black Pebble
    Again thanks.
  • Options
    @Black Pebble
    Thanks for post.

I must admit I thought the offers were a new strategy. I also thought it was a smart one. Of course, when they disappeared I realized they were a mistake.

Never ascribe to brilliance what you can easier attribute to "whoops." Haven't we taught you that, yet? ;-)
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Accidents happen. It's all good. They will make it right. This problem was alot better than my 2 hour adventure to buy a box for something I sold on ebay. Couldn't find the right size. 2 hours, 4 stores nothing. So I was expecting something else to go wrong and that's went my issue happened. Lol sometimes you gotta give up, find a pub and laugh :)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Lol

At above two comments.
  • Options
    Well simply put, whoever could buy the 4 star offers early got an advantage over say me?!
    Wouldn't it make sense to just keep all 4 offers up for the sake of fairness?
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that accidents happen, but man they seem to happen with alarming frequency lately
  • Options
    Pepex82 wrote: »
    Well simply put, whoever could buy the 4 star offers early got an advantage over say me?!

Black Pebble this^
    Since Janeway and event packs help the events during the duration of said event and the event starts today then yes there is an advantage to be given to those that were able to purchase the whoops.....you need to counter that to even the playing field for the rest of us .
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloud_1 wrote: »
    Pepex82 wrote: »

Black Pebble this^
    Since Janeway and event packs help the events during the duration of said event and the event starts today then yes there is an advantage to be given to those that were able to purchase the whoops.....you need to counter that to even the playing field for the rest of us .

Good luck with that theory. Did they leave the Loot Table they messed up in the Event the other week for everyone to have a fair chance at the good crew they accidentally let some people get?!?!?

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

This is DB's biggest downfall. They constantly cause more issues trying to solve a mistake than the actual mistake.
  • Options

Please submit a ticket, and Player Support will work with you to get this resolved.

Unfortunately, some of the offers were erroneously posted, and as others have mentioned, if you tried to purchase them while the offer was being taken down, it can cause the purchase to fail.

Your particular issue isn’t something I’m familiar with. I’m not sure how trying to purchase a single offer could get you charged for 3 different offers, but Player Support will be able to help you out.

Yep customer service put it all right for me panic over :open_mouth: have to say customer service is really helpful and quick hope they stay this way through 2018 and beyond thanks guys :)
    -𝕷𝖔𝖈𝖚𝖙𝖚𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕭𝖔𝖗𝖌-

"𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕦𝕤𝕤 𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕤. 𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕥 𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟"

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @Locutus_of_Borg_
    Glad to here they took care of you.
    Some people need quick response because of time constraints of events.

I wish DB would have just left the offers up so everyone had the choice to buy offers.
    The initial response seem to just be, all is ok.
    I too thought it gave my 2nd account an advantage. However, that account will just participate a little in the Galaxy event. So I will drop down to a rank to get one Janeway.
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I know we will never be allowed to see the numbers, but I wonder what would happen if they put ALL of the Event Bundle offers up on Wednesday and left them up for duration of an event. I'm just curious lol
  • Options
    I know we will never be allowed to see the numbers, but I wonder what would happen if they put ALL of the Event Bundle offers up on Wednesday and left them up for duration of an event. I'm just curious lol

IMO they would loose a little from the high end, but gain a lot from the middle and low end. Or less money per player but more overall.

Personally there have been a few times I didn't buy anything because the $50 offer was down by the time I decided I wanted it.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    scruffy151 wrote: »

IMO they would loose a little from the high end, but gain a lot from the middle and low end. Or less money per player but more overall.

Personally there have been a few times I didn't buy anything because the $50 offer was down by the time I decided I wanted it.

It would be an interesting exercise in economic theory to give it a go, especially to see if the bottom line meets your expectations.
  • Options