Home The Bridge
Options

10 Event Pack results

DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
I had a bunch of dilithium saved up and wanted Mirror Troi pretty bad so I said why not. I know the risks that 10x’s come with.

10 event packs pulls

5x Mirror Janeway
5x Mirror Geordi

4* Beholds
1 Tomalak
2 Mirror Garak
1 Captain Klaa

It is completely ridiculous that I did not get a single 5 star character. A friend did one pull, got Troi. (This probably fired me up even more) Nonetheless, Im pretty defeated right now. I dont have the time to play the event this weekend to get top 1k, thats why I got as many packs as I did. I didnt even get a variant of any event character, which is also ridiculous

Anyways, for the first time in playing this game for over a year, Im venting.

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Frustrating but it is all RNG. You could do this any other time and end up with three of her.

Though it does sound like you would have been better off buying the 50.00 offer with her outright and 5 10x event packs, Chron, credits and boosts.

Edit: definitely you expect to get one legendary with your pulls. I have to add I think the 50 dollar offer is the worst of the four offers.
  • Options
    Oh my God, I am sending my sincerest of sympathies your way, that is terrible RNG at work there.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Ive taken my hits before plenty of times and shrugged it off. Once I tried way too hard to get emotion chip Data. It juat finally got to me this time, also no other 5 stars whatsoever.

The drop rates are too low for the large volume of 5 star characters they keep adding
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it's totally legal by the random factor, I agree that it **tsk tsk** when you buy a 10 pack of pulls and don't get at least a 5* something out of it. I'd like to see DB put in a guarantee that you'll receive a 5* character or behold if you do a 10 pack; but I don't hold my breath for that.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Frustrating but it is all RNG. You could do this any other time and end up with three of her.

Aye, I can corroborate this. Back when Labourer Spock was an event character, I got 5 packs and he was in 4 of them. But in the last event, I went through about 8 or 9 packs and never got a single Bev. Ended up using some christmas money to buy the 1/5 of her.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I get the RNG, usually Im cool with it. I get the free to play money scheme. I’m almost VIP 14 and no stranger to frustration. Seems like everyone around here hits the breakig point and I probably just hit mine. Unless the offer is stupid crazy good, no more. I stand up for DB and enjoy the game/hard work they put in. I would gone with the $50 offer, but I had enough dilithium where I thought “ok, 8-10 pulls is more than enough right?”

The game is too stingy with characters you need 5 of to vault. I work my but off to get 1K rank in the event, not once have I made it. I usually get bumped at the last minute.

I know theres a lot of similar threads here, I just wanted to vent honestly, take my turn at the soapbox

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @Knight Ranger
    I did the 25 offer for both accounts with Mirror Data.
    On my main I got one Mirror Data and Frank Hollander and on my other I got two Mirror Data. However, I could have as easily got none. But, I would not have done the other account if I got none.

But I also must add I was tempted to try this the week after and decided, no. I figured I would get the other extreme, no legendary.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @DraftedMcCoy
    Sorry to here you miss out on the top 1000.

I wish you better luck in the future. But it will come. You know it. You have had the experience with both. As you said this time the bad got to you. Probably because you wanted Troi.

I have to add. I have no problem with your post. I think you paid for the right to vent with the 6500 dil. You spent.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Aye, I can corroborate this. Back when Labourer Spock was an event character, I got 5 packs and he was in 4 of them. But in the last event, I went through about 8 or 9 packs and never got a single Bev. Ended up using some christmas money to buy the 1/5 of her.

Mirror Reed was dropping like crazy in our fleet. I got three out of six packs myself.

Crusher... 16 packs and nothing. I wound up doing the 2/5 deal, then Honour, a Top 1000 finish and DYC.

Troi I'm not buying or even trying for even though more MED is good. I can't stand the cards for Geordi or Janeway and consider this another weak finish to a DB "mega" event.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a bunch of dilithium saved up and wanted Mirror Troi pretty bad so I said why not. I know the risks that 10x’s come with.

10 event packs pulls

5x Mirror Janeway
    5x Mirror Geordi

4* Beholds
    1 Tomalak
    2 Mirror Garak
    1 Captain Klaa

It is completely ridiculous that I did not get a single 5 star character. A friend did one pull, got Troi. (This probably fired me up even more) Nonetheless, Im pretty defeated right now. I dont have the time to play the event this weekend to get top 1k, thats why I got as many packs as I did. I didnt even get a variant of any event character, which is also ridiculous

I feel sorry for you, but it's worth remembering the event pack has a 10% chance of a 5*. That's a 90% chance of no 5*. In 10 packs there is a 35% chance you won't get the 5* crew. It's rough, but that's RNG.

I do wonder if a 6500 DIL event pack could make sense for DB to offer. Get a guaranteed event 5*. I just don't know if the other crew should be limited to the event 4*/5* or the wider pool of 4*/5* crew.
  • Options
    Hate to be the bad guy here, but every person here is complaining about a known issue. The only way to get them to fix this known issue is to quit buying the packs. Completely. Tell them you are tired of the lies, and the garbage RNG, and that your wallet is closed until they fix the game, and particularly the RNG side of it. They could EASILY put a tracker in the RNG that would compensate Basically making the RNG more like a lotto draw, where each card makes it so that you cant get that card again for a set period (such as an hour or so.). Any 1st semester programmer can do that. They just choose not to, and as long as people keep paying them, they have no incentive to fix the underlying issues. This is the MAIN reason my wallet is locked shut from them now.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 4 packs, hoping for a troi. Instead, I got 1 Janeway, and 3 laforges. I'm not buying event packs again. This isn't the first time I've been burned on event packs, but it's definitely the last. BTW, the CS rep I spoke with the last time I got burned on event packs said there was an EQUAL chance of getting each character in the pack. I don't buy it. I think they're ripping people off and know it.
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭

This tells me you must be an incredibly resilient person.

Nevertheless, if you thought throwing 6,500 dilithium at such an organization and expected something of comparable value in return, you must not be familiar with their business philosophy.

There's only one way they might change their way of conduction business: STOP PAYING!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, the CS rep I spoke with the last time I got burned on event packs said there was an EQUAL chance of getting each character in the pack. I don't buy it. I think they're ripping people off and know it.

If they actually told you there was an equal chance of getting any of the crew in the pack, even the Legendaries, then they were talking out of their hindquarters. I think it's more likely they were saying there is an equal chance of getting any of the 4* crew who are in an event pack. 5* crew come up far less frequently. If they showed up even 25% of the time, DB wouldn't "sell" nearly as many packs, and would sell far fewer of the 2-legendaries-for-$99 offers.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, the CS rep I spoke with the last time I got burned on event packs said there was an EQUAL chance of getting each character in the pack.

Maybe an equal chance of each character of the same rarity, but no one should expect that 5* have the same chance of dropping as 4*.

• Options
    That's what I was told. I think it's bs too. But that IS what they said.
  • Options
    I'm looking to see if I can find the email.
  • Options
    Im going to do the simple monthly card, or offers that are crazy stupid good, but no more chunks of dilithium or regular offers.
  • Options
    you gambled you lost
    take it like a man
    DB Do-Better II
  • Options
    Ok, my bad, he did not say equal... I just interpreted that way. I said...

Sep 20, 22:55 EDT

Are you sure the retrograde event packs are working correctly? I bought 5 trying to get a tmir or a spock. I got arex all 5 times.

And he said...

Sep 22, 00:32 EDT

Hi Captain,

Thanks for contacting Star Trek Timelines support.

I am sorry you encountered an issue in game.

Unfortunately, the Time Portal Packs are a game of chance, and there is no guarantee that you will receive any particular reward from them.

Each time you purchase a Pack you have the same chance to get every item that you did in previous purchases.

This offer was designed to be random, and does not take into account what you may already have or otherwise not find useful.

Thanks,

Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    So I interpreted it as meaning an equal chance, although he didn't technically say it was an equal chance. I think his choice of wording was meant to imply that it was an equal chance, without actually crossing that boundary. No wonder tickets take so long to resolve- they have to run their wording by the lawyers first.
  • Options
    Anyone who buys the 10 event packs, or the Special 2 5* crew and 10 packs are just throwing money away. And as long as people keep buying them, they WILL NOT FIX the problems with the game and you are therefore just paying them to maintain the broken model. Even the monthly cards is just paying to maintain a broken model. That is why my wallet is locked shut.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for letting me vent. I know, its like a daily occurence.
  • Options
    7 pulls for me. 4 Janeway and 3 Geordie.

Add that to the 15 premium pack offer from yesterday and I went 0 for 22 trying to get a 5*
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    So I interpreted it as meaning an equal chance, although he didn't technically say it was an equal chance. I think his choice of wording was meant to imply that it was an equal chance, without actually crossing that boundary. No wonder tickets take so long to resolve- they have to run their wording by the lawyers first.

The odds are equal in the first pack, the tenth pack and everything in between. Just because you got a Geordi doesn't mean you have less of a chance to get him in the next event pack you open. That is what is meant by "equal chance".
  • Options
    I’ve gambled and won, event pack Leonardo da Vinci, and I’ve gambled and lost, the collective pack, trying to get Locutus. Things will never change unless we all as players keep our money in our pockets.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure its been long established you only have a 10% chance of getting a Legendary from an Event Pack or similar special offer. Statistically you have about a 35% chance of not getting the 5* after 10 packs.

Personally, I'm not willing to play those odds with that kind of money. I buy packs to FF 4* event crew. If the game gives me a 5* that's great.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    As others have said it's all odds. A couple events ago I wanted to get a couple extra stars on Honey Bare. I bought 4 event 10 packs and got 2 of her. I had to buy 3 event packs last week before I landed a Mirror Crusher. Guess I have better luck than most.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    ZenthaneX wrote: »
    As others have said it's all odds. A couple events ago I wanted to get a couple extra stars on Honey Bare. I bought 4 event 10 packs and got 2 of her. I had to buy 3 event packs last week before I landed a Mirror Crusher. Guess I have better luck than most.

He stole your luck - get him!!!

On a more serious note, my experience with event packs is very much the same - for me, a legendary event crew drops from 1 in 6 to 1 in 7 packs, not counting lucky beholds. When I was trying to get Honey Bare, it took 6 pulls. Then, on the da Vinci event I wanted a 4th copy of Chapel, so I did 4 pulls and got 2 Sevens, a Leonardo and finally a Chapel. When I was trying to get Mirror Dax (didn't care for Funny Nose Reed), I did 4 pulls and got 3 Daxes and a Hoshi. On this event, it took 3 pulls to get 2 Janeways and a Troi. In my experience, it usually evens out at around 15% chance for a legendary, which is very much what others have observed as well.

Then there's always the question... Feeling lucky, champ?!
  • Options
    KantKant ✭✭✭
    3 Pulls:
    Mirror Inquisitor Troi,
    Mirror Geordi La Forge,
    Mirror Janeway
    I'm lucky