Home Make It So!

Crew Pack offers + Crew Slots

Instead of just offering crew packs why not include additional crew slots with those packs? This would alleviate the crew slot difficulty and encourage pack purchase.

Or just keep being greedy... Whatever. ;)

Comments

• You’re right, it’s all about the green. Got to keep increasing that profit margin regardless of the product or the affect on the players.
  • edited January 2018
    I like the idea! 5 crew slots + packs! And about packs, what about 2/4/6 5* Beholds for U$D10/15/20 + crew slots?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Including 5 crew slots will add $40 to the cost of the offer.
  • Dralix wrote: »

Shut up Wes... errr Dralix!
  • edited January 2018
    Dralix wrote: »

The whole system is based on a supply and demand economy. There are only so many of each crew, shuttle win, component. etc... which goes back into circulation once used or airlocked. The one thing that isn't guided by this is crew slots. The "cost" for them is literally controlled by DB and if they really want to increase sales of packs they should make slots more accessible. To devils advocate my point, why would they when DB wins either way, but it would come down to which gives the most profit.

I don't by many offers because I don't have crew slots. I've purchased crew slots 3 times but now they are no longer worth it as they cost too much. Many people think this way and if the slots opened up the consumer would start consuming more.

Crew slots restrict the trade of the economy in this game. More slots equal more participation. More participation = more profit.
  • I Agree with you completely Phlox, If crew slots are available readily- I buy crew, when quarters are full- no point in purchasing any. Cmon DB, throw us a bone here !
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I've purchased crew slots 3 times but now they are no longer worth it as they cost too much.

I think what you are missing is that many others have not felt the same as you, and purchased additional crew slots at their current price. If DB were to now substantially lower the cost of crew slots (which is what this suggestion is advocating), would that not be offensive to those players who have spent to already increase their crew slots to the max?
  • Instead of just offering crew packs why not include additional crew slots with those packs? This would alleviate the crew slot difficulty and encourage pack purchase.

The answer to "why not additional crew slots" is, as they have said many, many, many times, "because of technical limitations related to our server". Why do you doubt their statement about this?

Besides, I've always find it funny when we note that something would give them money ("encourage pack purchase"), and we simultaneously accuse them of being greedy. "We want to pay money for packs! And you know why you, DB, do not want our money? Because of GREED!"

"If you only stopped being greedy and finally changed the game so that we can pay huge amounts of money to you."
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Instead of just offering crew packs why not include additional crew slots with those packs? This would alleviate the crew slot difficulty and encourage pack purchase.

The answer to "why not additional crew slots" is, as they have said many, many, many times, "because of technical limitations related to our server". Why do you doubt their statement about this?

Besides, I've always find it funny when we note that something would give them money ("encourage pack purchase"), and we simultaneously accuse them of being greedy. "We want to pay money for packs! And you know why you, DB, do not want our money? Because of GREED!"

"If you only stopped being greedy and finally changed the game so that we can pay huge amounts of money to you."

I suppose the mass believe that DB is being disingenuous with the crew slot issue.

Did you see the wink I included? The wink was to show sarcasm. Also, you may find whatever you like funny, however, the greed vs right to profit is a tricky line and when something seems disingenuous to the public it comes off greedy. For example, EA and their DLC fiascos or paying for crew slots.
  • I suppose the mass believe that DB is being disingenuous with the crew slot issue.

I suppose masses can believe anything. Hence I asked whether you doubt, not whether "the masses" doubt ;)
    Did you see the wink I included? The wink was to show sarcasm.

Sure. But I'm sure that someone would read your statement like a cheeky accusation, and think that you do have a point.

Besides, you are trying to convince DB to give us moar slots. Maybe I just don't think that sarcasm is going to advance your proposal ;)
    "Dance with me. For science."