Home The Bridge

Thank you DB! You are amazing!

[RO]BitterDevil[RO]BitterDevil ✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
Thank you for showing me that I was right when I said that this is a P2W game. By removing the character bonuses for shuttles when the galaxy part starts, you did just that.
What happened? Did people actually used strategies instead of money? That's bad, right? People shouldn't do that!
What's next? Only 4 shuttle missions opened at a time? Dilithium tax for participation?

Please @Shan , enlighten us as to the reason why this happened? Where is the logic? The event is still mirror, the characters still have bonuses(but only for galaxy, even tho we still have VP shuttles on the roster)...so, why(besides the need to force players to pay) would DB remove the bonuses?

Comments

• The bonus stays as long as you don’t start YOUR phase two. Still had mine 2 hours after phase two started. Always been like that as far as I can remember
  • Going off success rates, bonuses are still present, just not being displayed.

I initially thought they'd fixed the bug allowing us to keep firing off shuttle missions we'd opened, but it's just the visual that has changed as I've pulled in about 20k VP using timers.
  • I clicked the phase 2 before and still had bonuses for a while. And it's not a meltdown, it's a reaction after seeing that bugs aren't fixed after months but they can do many things that bring them money.

The bonuses aren't there, cause I used to send shuttles with 90% and now they are at 48%.
  • [RO]BitterDevil[RO]BitterDevil ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    dext74 wrote: »
    Just to recap - your complaint against DB is that they closed a loophole that didn't match how the game/event was intended to be structured?

So, it's ok if they use legal loopholes to avoid being a gambling app, keep bugs that make players either lose gauntlets and voyages or make them pay in order to save them(and the list goes on) ...but it's not ok for us to use loopholes that cost them nothing?
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I wondered what the 1000th bridge thread was going to be. Should have known the odds were high it would be another BitterDevil reaction and/or meltdown....

Personal attacks aside, I did notice the "bonus" icon displayed over portraits of busy shuttle crews for several hours after the phase change. After a restart they disappeared. I don't know if they are still being applied or not, and I won't know if I'm still getting VP or not for a few more hours.
    (EDIT: They're still paying off)

I don't think this exploit is a bug...it's just part of the mechanics on how shuttles work and the point structure when a transmission is opened. Not at all contrary to the spirit of a hybrid, especially since bonus crews on shuttles are unavailable for crafting and transmissions opened before the phase change expire withen 12 hours anyway.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm on my second wave of bonus-laden shuttles. I will enjoy my VP when they return.

I don't know what you did but what you did wasn't correct.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • I play on my phone. I have to leave the game on for all 12 hours in order to use the bonus shuttles and shared crew. And wouldn't you know it I took a phone call and the game reloaded and I lost my bonus crew . O noes I don't know what I'm going to do. Shall I play the game or go on the forums to whine?
  • I guess it's much easier for some to go ad hominem than to actually come up with an argument. Well, DB loves you!
  • Plasma wrote: »
    I play on my phone. I have to leave the game on for all 12 hours in order to use the bonus shuttles and shared crew. And wouldn't you know it I took a phone call and the game reloaded and I lost my bonus crew . O noes I don't know what I'm going to do. Shall I play the game or go on the forums to whine?

Clearly you've made the right choice. Would you like some gorgonzola with that? :)

Btw, I learned something useful today that the entire thread may not know. I claimed my 4th Mirror Geordi to immortalize him, as the phase 1 VP qualified me even though I hadn't clicked through the phase 2 intro dialog or performed any crafting. Bad call, it seems. I'm now event crew bonusless for bonus shuttle rounds 3-5. Thanks for the heads up, Igelrock, even if you couldn't prevent me from making the mistake. I shall avoid it in the future.
  • Even if the game restarts on you, the bonuses are still there. All that matters is you open the missions before the end of the phase.

You have to hunt down the crew in your list, they won't be displayed at top anymore, the percentages will look wrong, and you won't have access the your Squad leader's shared crew, but when the shuttles return, the VP will be there.

It's kind of similar to opening a mission at the beginning of the event and then waiting to send it. The percentages appear to change and the time appears to increase, but it's still what it was when you opened it.
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • Even if the game restarts on you, the bonuses are still there. All that matters is you open the missions before the end of the phase.

You have to hunt down the crew in your list, they won't be displayed at top anymore, the percentages will look wrong, and you won't have access the your Squad leader's shared crew, but when the shuttles return, the VP will be there.

It's kind of similar to opening a mission at the beginning of the event and then waiting to send it. The percentages appear to change and the time appears to increase, but it's still what it was when you opened it.

Interesting. Are you stating that this holds even if one begins actively participating in phase 2?

Interesting. Are you stating that this holds even if one begins actively participating in phase 2?

Yes it does. Granted your best crew may be away on shuttles, but you can start Phase 2 and still receive VP on shuttles opened in Phase 1.
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • Plasma wrote: »
    I play on my phone. I have to leave the game on for all 12 hours in order to use the bonus shuttles and shared crew. And wouldn't you know it I took a phone call and the game reloaded and I lost my bonus crew . O noes I don't know what I'm going to do. Shall I play the game or go on the forums to whine?

Clearly you've made the right choice. Would you like some gorgonzola with that? :)

Btw, I learned something useful today that the entire thread may not know. I claimed my 4th Mirror Geordi to immortalize him, as the phase 1 VP qualified me even though I hadn't clicked through the phase 2 intro dialog or performed any crafting. Bad call, it seems. I'm now event crew bonusless for bonus shuttle rounds 3-5. Thanks for the heads up, Igelrock, even if you couldn't prevent me from making the mistake. I shall avoid it in the future.

Yes thank you and I got a bottle of wine around here
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plasma wrote: »
    O noes I don't know what I'm going to do. Shall I play the game or go on the forums to whine?

Yes thank you and I got a bottle of wine around here
    NqA7UmU.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Yes it does. Granted your best crew may be away on shuttles, but you can start Phase 2 and still receive VP on shuttles opened in Phase 1.

Excellent. I had always hoped someone had examined the possibility that the BONUS tag disappearing was yet another of the infamous "display bug"s. Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately on bonus round 3, due to the BONUS tag disappearing and the resulting sort order, I used Degra and some other non-event crew. I expect poor results. :pensive: But I will use your information on the next two rounds and hope to see some small confirmation the bonus remains.

Going forward, this will make hybrids much easier to handle. As shuttles only take 3 hours, it's quite easy to mix in some crafting/expedition tickets between shuttle rounds.
  • ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    The bonus stays as long as you don’t start YOUR phase two. Still had mine 2 hours after phase two started. Always been like that as far as I can remember

Either this is not true or I'm getting screwed. I haven't started my phase two yet and I'm not getting the bonuses.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clanof wrote: »
    The bonus stays as long as you don’t start YOUR phase two. Still had mine 2 hours after phase two started. Always been like that as far as I can remember

Either this is not true or I'm getting screwed. I haven't started my phase two yet and I'm not getting the bonuses.

Neither am I on the second round of shuttles I just sent out, and I also didn't play any of Phase 2 yet. However, I did restart the game, which I think cancels out the bonuses.

• Captain Sisko [AA]Captain Sisko [AA] ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Data1001 wrote: »

Neither am I on the second round of shuttles I just sent out, and I also didn't play any of Phase 2 yet. However, I did restart the game, which I think cancels out the bonuses.

Check your points on the Leaderboard before and after just to be sure. I did get the points.

1qa9vdqzrkm5.png

kw12fpfu911v.png

v3hbx3lwcswz.png

zqlt2itu3ju9.png

n5i9brjge677.png

3bbv2cpx3f31.png
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check your points on the Leaderboard before and after just to be sure. I did get the points.

We're talking about 2 different things. By "bonuses" I mean that I'm not getting the event crew bonus when launching the event shuttles. I do, however, still get the VP from those shuttles that I opened prior to the end of the first phase.

• Look at the pic of mirror data and Borg Janeway it should day bonus it doesnt
  • It's there, it just doesn't display after the phase change.
  • No it's not
    It's there, it just doesn't display after the phase change.

Could also be a display error. My bonuses are displaying. I always play on an Iphone SE.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, it's ok if they use legal loopholes to avoid being a gambling app, keep bugs that make players either lose gauntlets and voyages or make them pay in order to save them(and the list goes on) ...but it's not ok for us to use loopholes that cost them nothing?

I don't think there's anything wrong with using the loophole, hence why it's called a loophole. But I don't think that we as the player base have any right to complain when they realize and find a way to close the things we shouldn't have been able to do in the first place.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Could also be a display error. My bonuses are displaying. I always play on an Iphone SE.

Bonuses will display so long as you don't restart the game after Phase 2 begins. Whether or not they actually get applied when they don't display, I'm not sure I buy that without a bit of evidence to back it up... which is going to be a little challenging to provide, I think, since shuttle successes don't always equate to those same shuttles' projected percentages before sending.

Ivanstone wrote: »

Bonuses will display so long as you don't restart the game after Phase 2 begins. Whether or not they actually get applied when they don't display, I'm not sure I buy that without a bit of evidence to back it up... which is going to be a little challenging to provide, I think, since shuttle successes don't always equate to those same shuttles' projected percentages before sending.

Using the evidence-based methodology known as my faulty memory I've failed one mission since P2 started with displayed shuttle rates of 80-90%. I'll assume its right because it makes me feel better.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    No it's not

I really would like a definitive answer... maybe using tests. I know that the bonus often doesn’t display (especially if the game restarts) and I know you still get the VP for shuttle missions opened prior to the end of phase 1 (I am still sending them now). Neither of these points are in question.

But there seems to be a lot of confusion and debate about whether the bonus still applies even if it doesn’t show. Anecdotally, having had this debate in our fleet before, and with an admittedly small sample size, it appears that you still get the bonus even if bonus does not show up on the screen or the % success rate given the actual success rate seems to mirror closer to the one you would expect with bonuses rather than the sub-50% success rate that the shuttles are showing on display. The low display rate is, of course, because I’m sending bonus characters with bad stats relative to crew with higher stats because I’m betting that the bonus still applies...

Anyone else have data on this?