Home The Bridge

Voyages should award credits differently. Vote here!

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
When DB shocked us all by announcing their revamp of the voyages rewards, they explicitly stated that more credits would drop as a part of making up for reducing chronitons. What they meant was that the 500+100 credit reward would drop slightly more often, except in all of my voyages since then, I haven't seen a noticeable increase. I propose that DB do away with the 500+100 reward altogether, and simply double the "constant" credit reward from 100 to 200. I think this would be higher than the occasional 500 reward but not high enough to anger DB. What do you think?

Voyages should award credits differently. Vote here! 47 votes

Double the standard credit reward from 100 to 200 and eliminate the occasional 500 reward.
17% 8 votes
Go extreme! Double the standard credit reward and keep the occasional 500 reward! Why not?
72% 34 votes
Leave it as is, DB is right.
2% 1 vote
Something else. Tell me in a comment.
8% 4 votes

Comments

• More credits would be nice, but as long as suckers like me pay for a half dozen reloads of tickets on Saturday I doubt it'll change
  • Maybe we could trade in trainers for credits/honor/merits/replicators. I've never had an issue with credits, my issue has always been with replicator rations I wish I could get more replicator rations.
  • Do better dilemmas give me a story no random filler eposides, mybe a lead into the next event
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubling the basic credit rewards and keeping the occasional credit rewards in seems fair, and it would still actually not be enough to keep up with all the replicator rations. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Maybe we could trade in trainers for credits/honor/merits/replicators. I've never had an issue with credits, my issue has always been with replicator rations I wish I could get more replicator rations.

Games of this type (free to play with option to pay) usually never allow players to trade items. It really cuts into profits. Also, you'll find that players always have their own bottleneck somewhere. I'm sorry yours is rations. Wish I could trade you some, I literally have over a thousand of each, and I get them from voyages much faster than I use them. However, without credits, you can't replicate OR build.
    Mbannar wrote: »
    Do better dilemmas give me a story no random filler eposides, mybe a lead into the next event

That's A LOT of work to ask of them.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubling the basic credit rewards and keeping the occasional credit rewards in seems fair, and it would still actually not be enough to keep up with all the replicator rations. :)

Number of replicates per day can't keep up with the rations as it is.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Number of replicates per day can't keep up with the rations as it is.

Nevermind alternative rations: Starbase Components, Trainers, Schematics, Basic Spices, etc.

I have a hard time believing that anyone can be short on rations.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • The current and former credit drop from Voyages has always been a joke to me. Unless you go on 20-30+ hour voyages, you get more credit drops from a single series of rounds of Gauntlet play (until you wear out your crew) than 6-8 hour voyages.

I believe credit drops on voyages should be less often, but much MUCH higher! Instead of 500+100, make it random on the top and +500 for the bottom.

750+500, 1000+500, 500+500, 2500+500, and the like. Dropping maybe only 5-6 times per hour would still more than triple the current rewards. Anything less is useless, as the current average I have been getting is roughly 30K per 6 hours. 30K barely or doesn't even get one equipment item paid for for a 4-5* crew.

Even "pre-nerf" I never got more than 80K credits for a 12 hour run. Needs to be fixed.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • If I were to dabble in creating the game, I would probably make the player choose what their goal of the shuttle / voyage would be.
    1. Search for fuel ( chrono )
    2. Search for profit ( credits )
    3. Search for new life ( new crew members )
    etc...
  • Since the amount of credits in voyages is already a pittance, I think it should be quadrupled, not just doubled. But by increasing the standard (100) reward, not replacing other things with more 500 credits rewards.

Giving just a few thousand more credits for a voyage of several hours doesn't realistically soften any blows.

It's a common marketing trick to first make something really low, then up it to slightly less low, but convince people to be grateful for it as it's more than the standard that's already been set.

I think it would be more balanced if there were ~100k credits in a 6-8h voyage.

+ far more honour to help DB fulfill the "Assemble a crew of your favourite characters" advertisement.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I voted for B, but it is NOT extreme. As it is now, I don't even notice the credits, they're essentially worthless.

Oh, and give us our reprats back. 60% of my voyages since have gotten none, and the remainder less than 20
  • I voted D ) -- They can keep ALL the credits and restore the chronitons.

Had to say it.
    If I didn't I feel like I would be validating the nerf.

That said..
    If they're gonna sweeten the pot up a bit
    Add some merits & faction only items.
    Merits can't be bought
    Every gauntlet is turning in to wall of Doom after wall of Doom.
    And faction only items are a joke.

That would take -some- of the sting out of the nerf.
  • If I were to dabble in creating the game, I would probably make the player choose what their goal of the shuttle / voyage would be.
    1. Search for fuel ( chrono )
    2. Search for profit ( credits )
    3. Search for new life ( new crew members )
    etc...

Or this !
    10000% this !
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem keeping it or increasing it. I still feel credits are worthless, but the amount from voyages really is a pittance.
  • Since credits are common currency, it makes sense that we could trade just about anything for them. Trainers, items, crew, honor. Seems to work in every other economy ever created since the dawn of time.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/