Home Ready Room
Options

Best battle station combos fo Nova Class?

As per the title. Answering questions about the JHF made me think to ask about the other underused ship... surely a die-hard starfleet person has a good combo for the Nova Class to win in Commander division, being able to take it to the sea of Bird of Preys.

Sci+Med slots with shield regen and burst damage... tough ship too, but needs good crew.

Was thinking Selar and Mora to be annoying, or swap one with a dmg adder like Janeway/LaForge/Spock.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using Spock ... but I feel you need even more more damage output ... ship battles take ages, so I hardly ever do them (also considering I've got the ships maxed out that are in the reward table) ... it is very hard for other vessels to burn you down but at the same time you can't maintain good damage output.

The other I'm using is TS Kes, but ... as I said, you need more power.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a fun challange. Tried a few combos; no real success yet.
  • Options
    One of the main issues is the MED slot, where most MED provide more evasion ... those that don't are Dr Phlox and CMO Pulaski (not taking 1* crew into account) ... however, Pulaski decreases your attack strength and Phlox doesn't seem so strong in passive stats.

The selection of appropriate crew is very low.
  • Options
    Commando Crusher can go into the MED slot, she provides Attack and a mini-nuke. She comes with 575 Accuracy, 500 Evasion, and 370 Crit Rate. So she's good for base stats as well.

Might not be the best, but possibly a double up of Attack boosts with her and Spock?

Geordi's accuracy hit **tsk tsk**, but Nova attacks fast and he gives +20% so that might be a potent combo?
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough challange. Nova has terrible attack power and struggles to beat the natural shield regen of a K'vort. There are also relativly fewer crew that can be used; Commando Crusher so far has the best results, capible of bringing down the K'vort's shields but not much more than that.
  • Options
    My Nova is getting close to max level, so no personal experience here. But anyone had any luck with this ship in Gauntlet?
  • Options
    That's a real challenge. Wasn't that ship only shown once? The ship was shown in a voyager episode correct?
  • Options
    No ... no success ... I still have it sitting there, but only use that ship once in a while to maintain rank in that division (I've maxed out all the ships that have been as a daily reward).

It is really difficult to climb with. I tried a bunch of combos, but nothing really worked against the stronger ships/crew.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    No ... no success ... I still have it sitting there, but only use that ship once in a while to maintain rank in that division (I've maxed out all the ships that have been as a daily reward).

It is really difficult to climb with. I tried a bunch of combos, but nothing really worked against the stronger ships/crew.

Did you use crew that gave more evasion/accuracy or crew that had better ship abilities or what?
  • Options
    The most success I’ve had is with:
    Talos Spock+Mora Pol
    La Forge+Selar

All FF/FE
  • Options
    The most success I’ve had is with:
    Talos Spock+Mora Pol
    La Forge+Selar

All FF/FE

I've tried similar combos, although don't have Mora Pol. I misread how attack speed works in this game and my initial idea of La Forge was foiled.

I originally thought it was 0.65 seconds per attack, instead it's 0.65 attacks per second. If it was the former, La Forge would've been really nice. But I don't think you really notice him because it's still too slow.

Current strategy is to do nothing for a bit, wait for the Nuke to be near max. Use Talos Spock + Selar, then when the Nuke is at max, use it as well. I lose more often than not, but if the Nuke hits (and it should with Selar) the enemy ship is close to dead.

Haven't tried Troi or Bashir yet.