Home The Bridge
Options

Idea to make getting shuttle items easier.

Perhaps add traits, like the 'rich' trait for ferengi faction missions or 'brutal' for terran.
Please feel free to add more examples below for DB (we are making it easy on you DB, all you have to do is add the feature pretty please!!!) to use.

Comments

• Options
    [RO]BitterDevil[RO]BitterDevil ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Question 1:

Does it bring more revenue?

Question 2:

Does it cause less revenue?

Answer those and you will find out what chance such a change has to be implemented.
  • Options
    Question 1:

Question 2:

Answer those and you will find out what chance such a change has to be implemented.

It would make us freeze less crew...so i guess it would bring more revenue since we would want more traits for our shuttle missions.
  • Options
    Question 1:

Question 2:

It would make us freeze less crew...so i guess it would bring more revenue since we would want more traits for our shuttle missions.

It would make you immortalize crew much faster
    It would make you less dependent on boost packs
    It will remove a bottleneck
    It will give you a larger crew pool for voyages

And that's just the direct advantages players will have, advantages that are reserved for money.
  • Options
    Question 1:

Question 2:

It would make you immortalize crew much faster
    It would make you less dependent on boost packs
    It will remove a bottleneck
    It will give you a larger crew pool for voyages

And that's just the direct advantages players will have, advantages that are reserved for money.

Meh, it was just a thought...
  • Options
    It was a good thought, don't get me wrong. And it has merit: If we have factions, why shouldn't characters that belong to that faction have bonuses. But...
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, DB was toying with the idea of adding some kind of trait bonuses to faction missions not too long ago. I personally love that idea. I think the simplest way to do it is to give a bonus to characters who have the matching faction trait, i.e. characters with the federation trait would get a bonus on the federation missions. Characters with the section 31 trait would get a bonus on section 31missions, etc. It would make a TON of characters who are basically useless now worth having again. It would also reward those players with deep, diverse crew, which I also like. And crew slots would become even more valuable than they already are.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, DB was toying with the idea of adding some kind of trait bonuses to faction missions not too long ago. I personally love that idea. I think the simplest way to do it is to give a bonus to characters who have the matching faction trait, i.e. characters with the federation trait would get a bonus on the federation missions. Characters with the section 31 trait would get a bonus on section 31missions, etc. It would make a TON of characters who are basically useless now worth having again. It would also reward those players with deep, diverse crew, which I also like. And crew slots would become even more valuable than they already are.

It was suggested several times in Make it So, but never officially acknowledged that it was being considered or done.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be difficult to implement. Perhaps an easier compromise? Characters from that faction get a boost?