Home The Bridge

Shore leave Destination Risa

[BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
With the stress of multiple timelines where do crew go for some R&R possibly some S&M? Risa doesn't seem to exist on the galaxy map but there are undiscovered locations. If DB add Risa to the galaxy map I will focus the Hubble telescope on the beach resorts of Risa(scouting for shore leave of course)

Comments

• edited December 2017
    There is one place they go to as far as I am concerned - the cryostasis vault :D

On a more serious note, I do think some more locations should be added. So many iconic ones are missing. Risa is a great place that allows for so much storytelling.
  • Risa's on the map... Very pretty too...

qml8uaodjr6v.png
    nnyucr35vkqo.png

I left the HMS Bounty parked in orbit while the crew had a quick bit of shoreleave...
  • =GBP= Bear wrote: »
    Risa's on the map... Very pretty too...

qml8uaodjr6v.png
    nnyucr35vkqo.png

I left the HMS Bounty parked in orbit while the crew had a quick bit of shoreleave...

Whoa, looks like I have not looked nearly well and long enough to see it. I hang my head in shame on this one.
  • No need for shame..
    It simply hadn't arrived in your timeline yet ;)

It is curious thou why they made the map so big and.. vacant.

• IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    No need for shame..
    It simply hadn't arrived in your timeline yet ;)

It is curious thou why they made the map so big and.. vacant.

Through the vastness of space, isn't most of it vacant? ;)
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    =GBP= Bear wrote: »

qml8uaodjr6v.png
    nnyucr35vkqo.png

Whoa when did it get added? Been looking for Risa since I downloaded stt
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »

qml8uaodjr6v.png
    nnyucr35vkqo.png

Whoa when did it get added? Been looking for Risa since I downloaded stt

I found it at least 6 months ago, so its been a while. I don't think they've added anything to the galaxy map since 1.8.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the odd texture that seems to be floating above the planet?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that's weird. I just visited Risa on both my phone and my tablet, but can only see that on my phone. But the tablet is also showing different continents, so I would guess that thing only appears when the planet's rotation is just so. If I had to guess, I'd say it was perhaps a defense grid… or maybe a weather grid of some sort, to keep that particular continent's climate balmy and mild.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »

Yeah, that's weird. I just visited Risa on both my phone and my tablet, but can only see that on my phone. But the tablet is also showing different continents, so I would guess that thing only appears when the planet's rotation is just so. If I had to guess, I'd say it was perhaps a defense grid… or maybe a weather grid of some sort, to keep that particular continent's climate balmy and mild.

I'm thinking they put up the privacy screen in response to the OP.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    t
    Data1001 wrote: »

I'm thinking they put up the privacy screen in response to the OP.

Dammit I paid good money to that ferengi for that telescope
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    nnyucr35vkqo.png.

how come your space is all black and properly space looking, mine is all covered in some blue/green cloud like they're inside a dense nebula? Is this on apple? im on android...

edit
    like this
    vt3xlt274q2m.png
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • It's on Android... Good old Galaxy S4.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kapu wrote: »
    nnyucr35vkqo.png.

how come your space is all black and properly space looking, mine is all covered in some blue/green cloud like they're inside a dense nebula? Is this on apple? im on android...

When I was visiting Risa on both tablet and phone just prior to my post above, I noticed that it looked very different on each device. Colors far more vibrant on my phone (Android), and on the tablet (also Android) everything was more washed out and a bit pixelated — which I assume is due to a lousier graphics display on the tablet. Sounds like Risa on my tablet is more like what you describe seeing on your device.

• kapukapu ✭✭✭
    ^^ninjaedited a screenshot
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kapu wrote: »
    edit
    like this
    vt3xlt274q2m.png

Mine looks even more washed out on my tablet...

ao9a87qwiimf.jpg

• Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure RIsa was only navigatable recently.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • We all need to go to Risa now...
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m totally going to buy a dozen Horgahn’s while I’m there...

05k3sd0tdm3t.jpeg

I need some serious jamaharon right now...
  • edited January 2018
    Look what I just picked up by scanning Risa with Commander Riker, Ensign Crusher and Robin Lefler on the Enterprise D (after a year of scanning Regula 1). Go scan it guys and let me know if it was just RNG or is that where we should have been scanning all along. Thanks to the OP and Bear for pointing me in the right direction with an 'X' on the map.