Home The Bridge
Options

Can someone please refresh my memory?

edited January 2018 in The Bridge
As i recall skill checks increase in difficulty by 1000 every 2 hours right? So at 7 hours a skill at 8000 should pass right? (Below screenshot) Clearly so.
9ekaijjpyg6o.png

Well then why 1 hour later have i begun failing that same skill checks?
j1vvlszc62w7.png

NOTE: I had to scroll up to find the examples above, that is why the am and progress meter are identical.

Comments

• Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that's ever been true. From the (player-driven) data, it seems to be each hour increases difficulty by ~1200 - but it's not quite that simple, as it's possible to fail a check in a particular skill, and then pass a check in the same skill on the next test, so it seems there's some sort of pass/fail gray area transition between always-pass and always-fail.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    I don't think that's ever been true. From the (player-driven) data, it seems to be each hour increases difficulty by ~1200 - but it's not quite that simple, as it's possible to fail a check in a particular skill, and then pass a check in the same skill on the next test, so it seems there's some sort of pass/fail gray area transition between always-pass and always-fail.

Wow...db even infected skill checks with rng problems...
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can attest to the variance. I have seen a skill pass, then fail, then start passing again. There's a theory out there that there is actually a proficiency roll of sorts, but it would be very difficult to prove the exact mechanism.

I believe a further-refined estimate on the skill increases were 1250 per hour. So, a 7:38 skill check would be, approximately, 9541. Your mileage may vary. My estimates have been pretty accurate using these assumptions.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it's rng. Yes, you have a "better" chance and you "should" pass, but it's definitely not a guarantee. Otherwise you would never fail a check in the first 4 hours, and we know that we all do.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hungry Dog wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's rng. Yes, you have a "better" chance and you "should" pass, but it's definitely not a guarantee. Otherwise you would never fail a check in the first 4 hours, and we know that we all do.

I don't think this is entirely true. I rarely fail in the first few hours unless it's a skill I've intentionally tanked (like MED when it isn't primary or secondary).
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speculation is that your proficiency actually plays a part in your actual roll for each pass/fail, it just displays your average
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is RNG, because I had hazards fail at sub 8h with over 10k points and then pass again at around 8.5h ... so yeah, it's all RNG, hehe. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")