Home Make It So!
Options

Voyage questions

Does the refuel cost go up or is it static?

Has anyone figured out how how much antimatter a ship goes thru an hour (assuming you fail everything)

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have been going by 1 AMU per log entry, every 15 seconds, plus 30 AMU per hazard that follows a set of 4 log entries. So roughly 35 AMU (safety margin) per 2 minutes (again, safety margin), or 1050 AMU/hr.

That being said, I watch the AMU tank level like a hawk during the last few minutes, because I am saving dilithium for my 4th shuttle. :#
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    thanks but i still need to know if the refuel cost goes up. ive only ever refueled once and i dont want to lose a voyage due to not enough anti-matter if i go for twice
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    User MOZangelesSD wrote in another thread about what you can expect to pay in Dilithium for your refresh (yes, it does go up).
    qxqx wrote: »
    A little additional questions: Would you mind to share the refill prices here? Are they linear? Just curious.

AM tank refill costs are linear, and follow a simple formula --> Refill Cost = T/5 (where "T" is the total minutes elapsed when you run out)

For example, the cost of a refill at the 9hr 20min point would cost (540 + 20)/5 = 560/5 = 112 DIL

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    thank you . that was just what i was looking for

llap
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing a regular 700-800 per 30 min ... so I'm seeing a loss of almost 1500 per hour once I start hitting failures.
    I typically make 4th hour, then recall .. I never make 6 hr mark without running out of AM.

I have over 2000 antimatter after 4 hr mark ... and the couple times I've tried to make the 6 hr mark .. I zero out about 30 min from the 6 hr mark.
    *shrug*

I have a good selection of FE/FF 4*, and a handful of FE, 5* at 1* or 2*.

My numbers are around 4000 for each trait (lowest is 3700, highest is 4500) .. I can spike my CMD or DIP to 6000 ... but then MED, ENG and/or SCI drops below 3000 ... so I try to keep them as even as possible ...
  • Options
    Max your gold and silver star skills. Get 6,000 gold, 5,000 silver, and the rest can be about 2,000. If you have one sub 2,000 it's fine. Gold (35%) and silver (25%) star skills make up 60% of the hazards. If you have all your skills around 4,000, you will fail just about everything from the 3½ hour mark on and definitely everything over the 4½ hour mark. If your gold and silver are over 5k-6k, you will continue to pass those hazards that come up more in the rotation into the 5-6 hour zone, and you won't bleed AM hand over foot during that time frame.
  • Options
    Max your gold and silver star skills. Get 6,000 gold, 5,000 silver, and the rest can be about 2,000. If you have one sub 2,000 it's fine. Gold (35%) and silver (25%) star skills make up 60% of the hazards. If you have all your skills around 4,000, you will fail just about everything from the 3½ hour mark on and definitely everything over the 4½ hour mark. If your gold and silver are over 5k-6k, you will continue to pass those hazards that come up more in the rotation into the 5-6 hour zone, and you won't bleed AM hand over foot during that time frame.

My algorithm for picking voyage crew is basically this:
    1. For each of your non-starred skills:
      1. Pick one of the crew slots.
      2. Sort by the gold skill.
      3. Pick the crew that has the best total of gold+silver skills. (Don't pay too much attention to trait bonus.)
      4. Pick the other crew slot.
      5. Sort by the silver skill.
      6. Pick the crew that has the best total of gold+silver skills. (Don't pay too much attention to trait bonus.)
      7. If you can pick up more trait bonuses by swapping the two crew members you just picked, do so.
    2. For your gold-star skill, pick the two remaining crew that have the highest total of gold+silver. If either of these two crew happens to match a trait bonus, match it.
    3. For your silver-star skill, pick the two remaining crew that have the highest total of gold+silver. If either of these two crew happens to match a trait bonus, match it.
    4. Fiddle with the results until you're satisfied. In particular, try make sure your gold skill is highest and your silver skill is within 1000 points of the gold skill.

What you're aiming to do here is:
    • Fill the non-starred skill slots with three-skill crew. (For example, if you're on a MED/CMD voyage, you want to fill DIP slots with MED/CMD/DIP crew like Bridge Officer Troi.) Failing that, you want two-skill crew where they have a starred skill plus the skill for that slot (for example, on a MED/CMD voyage, you might put Mirror Phlox in a SEC slot).
    • Fill the starred skill slots with the best possible skills.
    • Ignore trait bonuses unless it's convenient to match them. (If you're planning to refuel a lot, trait bonuses get more important, since the skill values cease to matter by the first refuel - but you still want the initial run to go as far as possible.)
  • Options
    Mithiwithi, thanks, this is an awesome strategic rundown. It looks similar to what I've started doing, but your explanation of the thresholds, particularly the 5000+ and 6000+ makes voyages make so much more sense to me now -- particularly why I have trouble hitting even the 4-hour mark on voyages where MED is the gold-star skill!