Home Make It So!
Options

Better ways of providing compensation

Fwiw, THANKS for the free picard - it's my first 5/5!

BUT, I can understand why some people feel aggrieved, especially if they bought a 'double up' picard earlier on.

So - this suggestion would help with that, and give more people what they want for future situations

1) Give out some Dilithium in compensation (say, 500)
2) provide a really special offer costing the 500 dil for a choice of:
a) Free Picard
b) Free legendary Citation
or c) <something else you feel appropriate, like 2000 chrons>

Now I don't know whether tech exists in the game to provide choices a la beholds in special offers, but pls consider something as per the above.

Regards

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    50'000 Honor would have been the purrfect compensation. Players could have decided what to do with them.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    I believe there is no perfect thing for everyone, the ones who exchanged 50000 Honor in exchange for a Legendary Citation, I believe they should receive the 50000 honor back, but those people that bought the U$D25 offer for a second Mirror Picard + the elements tohalf complete it, will not get a refund for sure, so, Dilithium and Honor could compensate in part or in whole, but there is nothing that would make everyone completely happy.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Suvarov wrote: »
    Fwiw, THANKS for the free picard - it's my first 5/5!

BUT, I can understand why some people feel aggrieved, especially if they bought a 'double up' picard earlier on.

So - this suggestion would help with that, and give more people what they want for future situations

1) Give out some Dilithium in compensation (say, 500)
    2) provide a really special offer costing the 500 dil for a choice of:
    a) Free Picard
    b) Free legendary Citation
    or c) <something else you feel appropriate, like 2000 chrons>

Now I don't know whether tech exists in the game to provide choices a la beholds in special offers, but pls consider something as per the above.

Regards

In the interest of understanding, there is a thread explaining that frustration from many perspectives in the Forums. Obviously, you will need to weed out constructive criticism from 5-alarm dumpster fire as you read. Imho, it is easy to ascertain why some are bothered.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2612/compensation-mirror-picard-blunder/p1
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I've read that and others, and not interested in joining a flame war, but that is not what the OP was for; it was to provide a suggestion to cater for the majority of people (or at least, vastly more) in the event that compensation of a similar scale is required in the future.

If you disagree with the approach given in the OP, please say why. If you have any suggestions for improvements, please state them. If you agree with it, please feel free to say so. The past is past, I'm less interested in raking over those coals, leave that to the other threads.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    As I posted in the other thread, I would suggest either 50k honor or a legendary citation for those who used honor or the double up offer to obtain a fifth Picard. I do find it odd, and I cant remember where it is in the Forums, that Mirror Picard was chosen as the compensation, as I have read in other posts, with clarification by DB, that such “in-mega event” characters are only available during the event (or at a future date in a “specific best chance Pack” as opposed to the regular packs), basically leading to the inference that the only way to immortalize said character during the event or foreseeable future was through Honor or the $25 double up offer). If I am incorrect in my recall, anyone please do correct it. That is where I think most of DB’s issue is coming from at the moment.

However, there is still the issue of people who missed the reward tiers. I know someone who fell a few points short of the 1000 tier simply because he could not cash in those special items at the end of the event. For such individuals, a citation is of no use, unless they have Troi to begin with (or any of the other threshold characters they were trying to get), as you can’t add a citation to a character you do not possess. I would argue DB should have extended reward tiers by 250 or 500 slots to cover such player losses.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    As I posted in the other thread, I would suggest either 50k honor or a legendary citation for those who used honor or the double up offer to obtain a fifth Picard. I do find it odd, and I cant remember where it is in the Forums, that Mirror Picard was chosen as the compensation, as I have read in other posts, with clarification by DB, that such “in-mega event” characters are only available during the event (or at a future date in a “specific best chance Pack” as opposed to the regular packs), basically leading to the inference that the only way to immortalize said character during the event or foreseeable future was through Honor or the $25 double up offer). If I am incorrect in my recall, anyone please do correct it. That is where I think most of DB’s issue is coming from at the moment.

However, there is still the issue of people who missed the reward tiers. I know someone who fell a few points short of the 1000 tier simply because he could not cash in those special items at the end of the event. For such individuals, a citation is of no use, unless they have Troi to begin with (or any of the other threshold characters they were trying to get), as you can’t add a citation to a character you do not possess. I would argue DB should have extended reward tiers by 250 or 500 slots to cover such player losses.

Bingo! I'm very happy they are working with player to provide compensation.

It still bothers me somewhat that players who put forth minimum effort are just given 5 star crew (they were never going to earn Inquisitor Troi).

I was in the top 1000 for 75% + of the event & sunk an investment into that. But ALL were compensated equally? Some who barely clear the 1st few hurdles got a FREE Mirror Picard for next to Zero effort = not fair to those who did work hard in the event.

Adjusting the reward tier by 500 would have been the perfect solution.

But I am thankful for DB trying to give players a make good.

exm0qo1i9056.png

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    Laura PalmerLaura Palmer ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The Eternal Champion is spot on. I did not play the galaxy phase and even wasn't able to play the game when the event came to an end. I find it weird and strange that I got the same compensation as players who burned thousands of chrons to acquire Inquisitor Troi. I virtually had no damage at all! And nonetheless I was handed a free Mirror Picard to immortalize him... I feel bad for those who really got hurt by the downtime. So, DB, please adjust the way you compensate us. Thank you!