Home Ready Room
Options

Need Some Advice About Spending Honor

It’s a pretty simple situation. I have a little over 100,000 in honor thanks to the Picard debacle and I just can’t seem to make up my mind about what to do. I could, of course, buy two legendary citations or a 1/5 Kahless the Unforgettable before he leaves the honor store. I know the advantages and disadvantages of both paths and am leaning towards the citations, but Kahless IS a gauntlet beast and I love playing the gauntlet. So I’m turning to my fellow players for an answer. Please give me some opinions on the matter.
Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

Comments

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Khaless and he is a Gauntlet beast, but at the end of the day another CMD character, it depends where your priorities lay. Also, when you come up against a wall of Khalesses having Khaless doesnt really help you!

I do wonder if he will be added to the standard portal pulls when they pull him.

At this stage in the game, I would either save for the new honour hall crew as with skill creep he/she is bound to overpower all the old crew, or just use it on 5* citations..

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I have Khaless and he is a Gauntlet beast, but at the end of the day another CMD character, it depends where your priorities lay. Also, when you come up against a wall of Khalesses having Khaless doesnt really help you!

I do wonder if he will be added to the standard portal pulls when they pull him.

At this stage in the game, I would either save for the new honour hall crew as with skill creep he/she is bound to overpower all the old crew, or just use it on 5* citations..

Jim

Thanks. I didn’t even consider the next honor hall character but that’s an excellent idea. I still haven’t made up my mind yet though. I need more input and would certainly appreciate it.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Ambrosius77Ambrosius77 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    My plan was Khaless too (I have 96k Honor atm) but I got Chancellor Gowron from a basic portal pull today, so I do not think Khaless worths 100k honor...
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    If you are certain that you want Kahless and have the honor I say get him. He is really good for both Gauntlet and Voyages. Once he is removed from the Honor Hall there is no telling if or when he will be available again. Even if he comes back it will probably be in the Time Portal, which is extremely radom OR a 10x Pack where he is the featured Legendary. Even that it is still extremely random though. I used the philosophy of: I can always get more honor, but I may not be able to get a guaranteed Kahless ever again.
  • Options
    Yeah, Kahless is great!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Kahless is a good pick for gauntlets and voyages but as another pointed out, I too grabbed a Chancellor Gowron through a lucky portal pull so I’ve got a pretty good command/diplomacy/security beast but still, I know Kahless is in some ways even better. It’s a tough decision and I’m still mulling it over but the more comments I get the more help I get, so thanks to all.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahless now or wait to see who replaces him. If you don't want that character, then spend honor on citations.
  • Options
    I'd go with Kahless . You will definitely build the honor points back up.
  • Options
    Thanks again. More is better.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have half of what I need for Kahless the Unaffordable. I will have to settle for whoever is next.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Kahless all the time in the gauntlet. He is also excellent for voyages due to his high point total (1st for 1/5s). I strongly suggest you take Kahless, then start saving for the next guy if you like him.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what, the FIRST thing you need to do is to wait.

Within the next week, I would imagine they will announce the next honor hall guest. I can't imagine they would immediately remove Kahless. There will be some overlap where you'll know the next character (and probably its stats) so you should make your decision then.
  • Options
    No matter what, the FIRST thing you need to do is to wait.

Within the next week, I would imagine they will announce the next honor hall guest. I can't imagine they would immediately remove Kahless. There will be some overlap where you'll know the next character (and probably its stats) so you should make your decision then.

That is an excellent point. Wait and see what they announce. It keeps all your options open! As as a sidenote I have Chancellor Gowron and Kahless. I use Kahless more