Home Ready Room
Options

4* Airlock Advice Please

There are a lot of airlocking threads, and I've scoured all of them I could find.

Here are my remaining 4* crew that I need advice on:

¼ Angel 1 Riker lvl 50
¼ Katra McCoy lvl 40
¼ Mirror Jennifer Sisko lvl 40
¼ Mirror Jadzia Dax lvl 30
¼ Ambassador Spock lvl 26
¼ General Martok lvl 20
2/4 Mirror Tucker lvl 20
¼ Marla McGivers lvl 20
¼ Nexus Kirk lvl 20
¼ Professor Scott vlv 10
¼ Resistance Shakaar lvl 10
¼ Luther Sloan lvl 10
2/4 Aladair Jarok lvl 10
2/4 Duchamps 10 lvl 10
¼ Cardassian Kira lvl 10
¼ RAF Julian Bashir lvl 1
¼ Drone Seven of Nine lvl 1

Any help appreciated!
"Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
-Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"

Comments

• Options
    look for 1 offs... as opposed to mainline crew..
    so ones you could loose would be
    martok, 2 low skill cmd/sec
    shakaar, 2 low skill cmd/sec
    jennifer sisko 3 skill and pretty good for voyages....
    sloan, but he has been featured in an event.

marla mcgivers is a very good dip, so actually suggest you keep her...

all the others there are "mainline crew" (although Scotty hasn't had an event (yet) )

• Options
    A lot of this depends on your other crew, your needs and how many resources you have to devote to leveling. If you need crew slots now, though, here's the order I'd kill these crew off in:

- First pass: Luther Sloan (miserable to level and his stats stink, plus he isn't main), Ambassador Spock (he's main, but again just brutal to level for a terrible return stats-wise)
    - Second pass: Resistance Shakaar (decent stats, but only two skills and he's not a main guy), Cardassian Kira (her stats are wretched, but Kira shows up in lots of events), General Martok (like Shakaar, except more likely to pop in an event)
    - Third pass: Duchamps Worf, Nexus Kirk and Angel I Riker (all of these are main characters with some utility, but all suffer from having second tier numbers in common skills) as well as Mirror Jennifer (her stats are a little week, but ENG/SCI is a nice combo to have off the top) and Alidar Jarok (common skills, but good numbers; his wicked gauntlet CMD is not so useful now that everyone has Mirror Picard)
    - Only if you absolutely must: Katra McCoy, RAF Bashir (main characters, strong MED primaries), Mirror Tucker, Professor Scott, Drone Seven (main characters, strong ENG primaries; all with specific secondary strengths)
    - Keep: Marla McGivers (662 base DIP at 1* FE, over 900 at 4*), Mirror Jadzia Dax (714 base SEC at 1* FE, over 950 at 4*). These are two of the best 4* crew in game. Jadzia is an all-star at everything; a main character with unbelievable stats and less common (ENG/SCI) secondary skills. Marla isn't main, but her DIP stats are insane and she's great in the arena.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Greyshade wrote: »
    There are a lot of airlocking threads, and I've scoured all of them I could find.

Here are my remaining 4* crew that I need advice on:

<snipped for space>

Any help appreciated!

I would consider airlocking:
    • Luther Sloan
    • General Martok
    • Resistance Shakaar
    • Mirror Jennifer Sisko

...and, if you don't care about losing out on potential event/bonus crew:
    • Cardassian Kira (personally hate the artwork, also not very strong)
    • Duchamps (great artwork, but if I wasn't a Worf completist, I might've given up on him, as he's a pain to level — and again, stats aren't good)
    • Professor Scott (I love Scotty, but... blah stats)

...plus some "meh" crew that you could probably toss and not lose out on much:
    • Mirror Tucker
    • Drone Seven
    • Angel 1 Riker

I would keep:
    • Marla McGivers (great stats)
    • RAF Julian Bashir (he's currently my #3 MED in base stats)
    • Mirror Jadzia (amazing stats)
    • Katra McCoy (my #7 base MED and #5 in combined stats)
    • Ambassador Spock (he's actually used fairly often in my Gauntlet, plus, he's Spock!)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Thanks folks! This is extremely helpful. I'm going to keep all the Mirror Universe and Cardassians for now because of the event bonuses. I'll start thinning out others - to make room for more event crew!
  • Options
    I'm surprised about the love for Spock, Data. Easily one of the worst 4* crew in the game to level - he, Captain Proton Paris, Luther Sloan, Klingon Quark and Dr. La Forge were all miserable.

At 1/4, his shuttle base is a miserable 388. Plus he's not actually that good in the gauntlet - his only skill over 300 is DIP, and at 447 he gets run over by a ton of better options.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised about the love for Spock, Data. Easily one of the worst 4* crew in the game to level - he, Captain Proton Paris, Luther Sloan, Klingon Quark and Dr. La Forge were all miserable.

At 1/4, his shuttle base is a miserable 388. Plus he's not actually that good in the gauntlet - his only skill over 300 is DIP, and at 447 he gets run over by a ton of better options.

None of what you say is untrue. But — regarding Gauntlet specifically — if someone doesn't have a lot of better options, then I still think he can be useful... especially when one of his several unique traits happen to pop up for extra crit %s. Honestly though, it's probably been several months since I used him in there, so I was likely thinking of somewhat earlier days in my gameplay.

And regarding difficulty in leveling, I'm sure I've blocked that out, lol... but I do know that a number of Vulcans are kind of a PITA to equip, and I guess I haven't done one in awhile. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest ... for general crew like Ambassador Spock the levelling difficulty is relative ... I found him quiet easy to level, as he was one of my first 4*s to get to 100 (right after Kal-if-fee Spock and Klingon Quark) ... yes he requires a bunch of 2* IDICs (64 to be exact) etc. ... but if you've not levelled many Vulcans then this really is no problem ... so basically I had almost all his items in inventory and was running missions to pick up the more common stuff he needs (Clothing Patterns, Emitter Crystals, Incense etc.)

I used him a ton in Gauntlet in the early days because he was one of the better options I had ... AND he often gets trait bonuses ... so I was running him at 45% and banking on luck ... I managed to get top 40 with him on a regular basis.
    On top of that he gets bonuses from Spock events ...
    Point being: I can think of a lot worse crew to keep and I personally would keep him around (see Data1001's selection).

I find that crew who have items that many, many others share and that have low drop rates are actually a lot more irritating ... I'm thinking 0* Science Experiments, 0* Holoprograms etc. etc.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use an immortal General Martok on my Captain Division 4* Defiant for +9 Attack (with Position). Other than Arena though, I don't see much use for him except when all Klingons are event crew for a faction event.

Luther Sloan is just terrible, even though he's got three skills (just like Agent Harris). Only the usual skills (CMD-SEC-DIP) and therefore pretty worfless (pun intended).

4* crew I always airluck immediately when they try to join me: KDF Gowron, Admiral Sela, Commander Tomalak, Agent Harris, Luther Sloan, Martia, Fesek.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @RaraRacing wrote: I find that crew who have items that many, many others share and that have low drop rates are actually a lot more irritating ... I'm thinking 0* Science Experiments, 0* Holoprograms etc. etc.

Ye gods, I am constantly replicating or burning chronitons to get 0* Science Experiments. It's the thing that annoys me most in the entire game.
  • Options
    You'll almost always find command/security crew. Katra McCoy is great for MED/SCI, Marla has great DIP plus ENG. Keep anyone with MED, then SCI or ENG before the other skills. In some cases it does depend on if there are certain traits you want to keep. Airlocking Riker and Martok makes sense to me. Crossovers like Katra McCoy and Cardassian Kira are usually good ideas in my book. If you have 2/4 stars then I'd say save those for airlocking last. And someone at DB loves Dax (not that I don't), so keep Jadzia.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Greyshade wrote: »
    Ye gods, I am constantly replicating or burning chronitons to get 0* Science Experiments. It's the thing that annoys me most in the entire game.
    *looks on epic EAS* I forgot when I lacked them... ah, it was when I was farming elite for Holos. Epic EAS is kinda short on good farming options (at least for me) and 25 chrons is 25 chrons... Especially on Galaxy.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, I find I use Drone Seven of Nine and Ambassador Spock in the Gauntlet quite a lot.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Don't airlock Katra McCoy! You will need this for next week's event! (You can airlock him after - LOL)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...