Home The Bridge

Any Mirror Troi from CS yet?

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so far. The Picard issue is one thing, but the most direct effect of the outage was how it affected one's rank in the event.

So if anyone got compensation that's fair, like a Mirror Trois for rank 1100, or a Mirror Janeway for rank 3100, please post here.

Having finished 5k VP short of top 1000 with plenty of chrons left and 10 minutes to event end, I haven't even submitted a ticket. Haven't claimed the final star for Picard either.

Actually this isn't the first time this happened to me. Back when Scrubs McCoy was in a rerun I suffered from intense lag in the last 10-15 minutes of the event and couldn't get him. The servers didn't actually crash, so CS politely told me to go screw myself. That was the month my monthly card didn't get renewed. Been F2P ever since.

This time the servers actually are at fault, and the unprecedented 628k VP for 1000th spot equaled a ridiculous amount of tapping. All that tapping for 5x Janeways. Yay! But until someone reports a successful outcome, I don't even want to waste time writing a ticket. Did enough of that last week, and all for nothing.

Comments

• Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I feel like maybe we should get some compensation. I was 650 then boom knocked to 1100, and I know a ton of others were knocked beyond the threshold too who were below it before then.
    But I haven't sent a ticket, not sure if anyone has.

The Picard was supposed to be the compensation for the outage, but it was compensation that made zero sense whatsoever. I also think there should be compensation for the Mirror Bev event since DB ended it one day early. They did announce that it would end early, but you don't change an event halfway through, that's just bad service. How they "compensated" that was to give everyone 6 extra expedition tickets which honestly just wreaked havoc.

Both of these blunders need to be properly addressed.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I feel like maybe we should get some compensation. I was 650 then boom knocked to 1100, and I know a ton of others were knocked beyond the threshold too who were below it before then.

The Picard was supposed to be the compensation for the outage, but it was compensation that made zero sense whatsoever. I also think there should be compensation for the Mirror Bev event since DB ended it one day early. They did announce that it would end early, but you don't change an event halfway through, that's just bad service. How they "compensated" that was to give everyone 6 extra expedition tickets which honestly just wreaked havoc.

However, their announcement came after many people were offline for the Holidays......

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

However, their announcement came after many people were offline for the Holidays......

Scott

Which is why I think it should be addressed with more than just some silly extra expedition tokens.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • They have made it crystal clear that the only recompense that we get is 50k honor. Nothing else.
  • edited January 2018
    I too have just been offered 50k honor in exchange for my 'free' Mirror Picard and am happy to accept this, as I was one of those people who paid for the Double Your Crew offer, so this for me is suitable compensation.

The problem is that the in game mail suggests that it is partly designed to be compensation for the outage at the end of the Mirror Troi event.

If this affected you, and you do not have a Mirror Troi to add a citation to, I suggest you write back to your CS representative and politely ask that they escalate your case to a supervisor, explaining that you think a free Mirror Troi would be better compensation.

In my experience the customer service department are very good at dealing successfully with players grievances and I hope they will be able to help with this.

I understand what DB were trying to do by giving everybody a free Mirror Picard. They didn't have to do this and I think their intention was just to give everybody a gift.

The problem arose, as so many do, because the 'idea' wasn't properly play tested, and they suggested it was an apology for something else, both of which then alienated at least two factions in their player fan base.

I believe they are doing the right thing by many by offering the 50k honor (those who paid cash or honor to already fuse Mirror Picard) but they also need to address those who were not able to get Mirror Troi because of the game outage, and I hope they can address their needs via a separate escalation process.

I know it's frustrating having to wait for them to deal with this, but we should be thankful that they are both able and willing to do so.

Thanks DB. It's sometimes a struggle to get what we want, but thank you for being there and listening when we ask.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was well said, @Vice Admiral Starfish .
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you can always try escalating for a mirror troi? I was happy with the honour so I'll probably put it towards the new honour hall crew
    DB: Do Better
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

Which is why I think it should be addressed with more than just some silly extra expedition tokens.

Exactly right. Their answer was "Here, we messed up the Event. Take some Tokens some of you will not see until the Event is over, since it is ending early."

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I just wanted the 100 extra merits for the tier I was a few spots shy of hitting and CS said nope.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Just an update.

NOPE.
  • I mean I feel like maybe we should get some compensation. I was 650 then boom knocked to 1100, and I know a ton of others were knocked beyond the threshold too who were below it before then.

I don’t think that’s possible to drop from 650 to 1100 esp if the issue was affecting everyone?
  • I mean I feel like maybe we should get some compensation. I was 650 then boom knocked to 1100, and I know a ton of others were knocked beyond the threshold too who were below it before then.

I don’t think that’s possible to drop from 650 to 1100 esp if the issue was affecting everyone?

I dropped from 600 to 1079. First and last event I spend money on.

• As it's not at all a recompense for anyone who missed a rank category, I'll keep advocating for them to be compensated justly regardless of outcome or response.

Agreed. I bought enough packs that got me 3 janeways a bunch of geordis and finally 1 troi at the very end. There was no way I was going to make it to another troi. So I played just to get the 4th Janeway. I don't want anything else but for those who were close to a tier to get the benefit of the doubt, which means bump every single player up one tier. I will gladly airlock whatever I get just so those who missed their anticipated mark are compensated.

The worst part is the clawing and grinding trying to get DB to understand their own product at the players and payers level. They just don't get it. And it's really sad because they have one of the most expensive apps available. Instead of taking our free advice and acting right away, they've squandered the chance and converted paying customers to f2p. They can't offer enough now to change that. The trust is gone.

I learned a long time ago that it's far easier to keep a customer than to replace one.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very possible for that drop, as the game didn't go down at the same time for everyone.

I've seen numbers vary from 5 minutes really to 15 minutes early.

I was active until about 10 minutes early,
    Wife couldn't get in at 15 early and then couldn't get back in till like 15 post event.

It really got garbled
  • Sadly, I think that we will see nothing at all for the loss of rank.
  • Another nope from CS lead, but I'm not giving up. Yasmine seems to have bit the bait and is attempting to justify their decision. I'll keep the ticket going for months if need be, just to add to the workload if nothing else.
  • Nope all I got was the honor. Which is nice, but that can’t buy me a troi.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem in mirror troi event only affected the last few minutes. I fully understand people who were waiting till the last minute to turn in their recipes being upset but that strategy is risky. What if instead of a fault with DB your wi-fi had died for a couple minutes or your tablet froze? Maybe you can use the 50k you got from it and add another star to mirror beverly crusher if you got her since crusher and troi have similar stats. For the mirror crusher event yes db lessened event by a day but they told us all early on in the event and gave us two days worth of tickets for a one day removed. You essentially netted an extra day.
    Let’s fly!
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to think that people wouldn't complain to CS if the fault was by their own wifi.

If that were the case, there would be no case.
    If it's my fault, it's my fault.

But this was clearly an adverse effect caused by someone server side and this they should make it right.

If I order the wrong food at McDonald's it's my own fault, if they give me order 96 instead of 69 I shouldn't have to order and pay again, it's their fault, gimme my food.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am closing this thread. As has already been confirmed there will be no additional compensation.
This discussion has been closed.