Home The Bridge

How to guide: Voyage-exclusive crew

So I'll preface this by saying I have not gotten any of the Voyage-specific crew: Fierce Guinan, Colonel Worf, Jannar, The Clown, Lucien, or Thot Gor.

But I want to start this thread as a place where people who have gotten or who get those crew to share their voyage experiences and how they might have gotten them.

From what we've heard from DB, these crew appear after taking certain dilemma actions. So try to remember your dilemma responses and if you've gotten any of these crew, record those responses here so it can be a guide for others.

State which crew you got, what dilemmas you encountered, what response you chose for each dilemma, and around what point in your voyage you received the crew (e.g. 3rd dilemma, 4th dilemma, etc).
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas

I've followed the instructions in the wiki, but I've yet to receive the necessary follow up mission to get a shot at any of the bonus characters.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas

I've followed the instructions in the wiki, but I've yet to receive the necessary follow up mission to get a shot at any of the bonus characters.

See, I didn't even know this existed! Ugh getting info about info about this game is so exasperating. I wish it was more well-known.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Wiki continuously open in a tab on my phone. I check the dilemmas there frequently. I could hardly reach 4 hours except when lucky two weeks ago. Now I got 5 hours regularly. I'm shooting for 6. (Need more med.) I got very lucky and hit an exclusive crew yesterday.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the Wiki continuously open in a tab on my phone. I check the dilemmas there frequently. I could hardly reach 4 hours except when lucky two weeks ago. Now I got 5 hours regularly. I'm shooting for 6. (Need more med.) I got very lucky and hit an exclusive crew yesterday.

Very lucky indeed. I've been going 8 sometimes and still can't seem to get one.

Who did you get?
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Just because you got part 1, does not mean the next one will be part 2. I just did 14 hours, and got 5 part ones. I kept going because I knew a Part 2 was due at some point.

Most days I can go 6 hours before I have to refuel. If I don't have a Part 1, in one of those three dilemma, I turn around and start over.

So far all I can confirm is The Clown. But, I trust the wiki to be right.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

Very lucky indeed. I've been going 8 sometimes and still can't seem to get one.

Who did you get?

Jannar. He is supposed to be great Diplomacy, though I have many with Diplomacy.
  • My problem is getting part 2 to show up. My last voyage I extended to 18 hours. Did two "part 1" dilemmas but never got part 2.
  • edited January 2018
    Here's a quick snapshot from another thread on this forum saying what to get from where :
    rp2iobch2phq.png
    I just noticed nobody had done what the OP asked and showed us the solutions.
    Jannar, Lucien, Thot Gor, and The Clown are all 2 part dilemmas so can be had from a lucky 4 hour Voyage, not so Fierce Guinan or Colonel Worf, who are a little harder to get.
    Fierce Guinan comes from a 3 part dilemma entitled A Higher Duty (choose A or B, then A or B, then A to get her) and Colonel Worf comes from a 3 part dilemma entitled Champion of the People (choose A, then B, then B to get him).
    One thing to bear in mind is that apparently you can only claim these crew once and will then have to use citations to get the extra stars. Rerunning the same dilemma will yield different 'normal' voyage rewards.
  • I just got Thot Gor, very excited, but then sad, because his stats are so weak for a 4*. i'll never spend honor just to fuse him. but i'll still change my avatar to his awesome head.

And a guy who was never understood by any television viewer has the "communicator" trait. RIDICULOUS!
  • I just got Thot Gor, very excited, but then sad, because his stats are so weak for a 4*. i'll never spend honor just to fuse him. but i'll still change my avatar to his awesome head.

And a guy who was never understood by any television viewer has the "communicator" trait. RIDICULOUS!

I think the clown is the only one with decent stats. I saw that his sec for 1/4 is around 600. That would suggest it should be around 900 at 4/4
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because he wasn't subtitled doesn't mean he wasn't a communicator. He negotiated the Breen-Dominian alliance.
  • Ever since Voyages began, I have only ever had a handful of part 2's show, even with all my 10-16 hour Voyages. Since the announcement of Voyage only crew drops (and subsequent additional dilemmas added), I have not had a single part 2, let alone part 3.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got Thot Gor, very excited, but then sad, because his stats are so weak for a 4*. i'll never spend honor just to fuse him. but i'll still change my avatar to his awesome head.

I think the clown is the only one with decent stats. I saw that his sec for 1/4 is around 600. That would suggest it should be around 900 at 4/4

Jannar is the second best Voyage crew. The Clown and Lucien also have strong stats. Thot Gor is the weakest of the new ones and also the only one who is C/S/D so he is especially noncompetitive.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • I have decent crew, got a good combo for me on skills sec / science I think it was, had 12k prime skill and 11k in my second skill (more or less I think). Paid about 4-5k dil to extend and went on a 1 day 22 hour voyage. I got four of them: Jannan, Thot Gor, Lucien and Fierce Guinan. I had 2 out of 3 dilemas done towards Worf but it just got too expensive to refill, 550 dil per pop, so I called them home.

In my experience with the amount of dilemas there are, it’s all down to two things: RNGesus and your dil.

Unless you can reach 8 hours without throwing dil at it you have no chance to get Guinan or Worf and even them it’s extremely unlikely as you would need 3 out of 4 dilemas in an 8 hour trip to be for them, which won’t happen.

My advice depends on your wallet; either just throw dil at it and you get them sooner or later, or once you reach 6-8 hours voyages naturally extend them if you have 2 out of 3 dilemas done for Worf and guinan and spend wisely considering your dil situation. You might not get them the first time or second, but that would be the best chance to get them. The others are one dilema crew and you should pick them up along the way without spending dil.

I did my long voyage to get the achievement and I got carried away as I had several key dilemas done. Will I do a voyage like that again? Nope, but happy I got the ones I did.

• Still haven't gotten the dilemma for Guinan after all this time... cced2ieqagmt.png
  • I just noticed nobody had done what the OP asked and showed us the solutions.

Actually, as referenced by Grant77... look at the Dilemma page on the Wiki. First look at the list of Dilemmas at the top. There is a sub-section where each crew drops from it's respective Dilemma. If you click on the subsection, it tells you the path through the 2 or 3 parts to get that particular crew. Simple... easy... I added these subsections when the crew was found.

• If you're going for a particular crew you can also use a 'lock-out' strategy where you deliberately pick the wrong answer for "Part 1" dilemmas. This should, theoretically, narrow down the number of dilemmas you can receive on subsequent stops. For example, choosing option C in A Higher Duty Part 1" will prevent both Part 2 and Part 3 from arising during that voyage, narrowing the odds by 2. Choosing Champion of the People option C will again prevent Parts 2 and 3 from popping up. If you don't have enough crew slots yet wouldn't mind reserving Jannar for later, you could pick option B of A Life Alone Part 1, which will prevent Part 2 from occurring. After 3 dilemmas (6 hours) we have narrowed the possibilities by 5 which will make it more likely the crew you are after will appear alter in the Voyage before you have spent oodles of dilithium and received nothing.

There are 4 two-parters with new crew, and 2 three-parters so that is, in total, 10 dilemmas that could be avoided on a long journey. That narrows things down quite a bit.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Sent out a voyage last night after my previous 5hr 54min effort only brought home a couple of crew (one 1*, one 2* - both of whom were already immortalised!)... At the 4hr mark, Lucien dropped in!

Interference Part 1, Choice B at 2hrs, then;
    Interference Part 2, Choice A at 4hrs.

foj65n6jww91.png
    tfwhkejninui.png

My 6hr option was;
    The Buried Truth. Choice B dropped 4* KDF Gowron...

Better clear some crew space! The stats aren't the greatest for Lucien, but he's an addition to the collection at least...

One of my Fleetmates commented that I've had a bit of luck lately - two Guinans from Gauntlet in a under 6hrs and now this!

Thank you RNGesus!
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 36 different dilemmas. That means to hit each one of them it would take 72 hours in a voyage. I did exactly that and spent a ton of dilithium and got all six that way in a single run. I used the wiki to make sure I made the right selections. It definitely appears that the dilemmas that lead to the unique crew have lower odds of dropping. Eight of the last nine of the 36 dilemmas were ones that lead to crew on my Voyage. So it seems heavily skewed against the player
  • DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    I got the clown a couple days ago, at the 4 hr mark ... I believe.
  • I've only got Jannar across two accounts. To rub salt into the wound I got him on my VIP 0 where he was instantly airlocked.

The only one I want is Bounty Hunter Leia.
    Officer - Second Star to the Right
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
    Fleet for Serious Gamers/Trekkers

Officer - VIP 0 Heroes (SkinterTailor)
    Officer - VIP 0 Champions (SkintestTailor)
  • There are 36 different dilemmas. That means to hit each one of them it would take 72 hours in a voyage. I did exactly that and spent a ton of dilithium and got all six that way in a single run. I used the wiki to make sure I made the right selections. It definitely appears that the dilemmas that lead to the unique crew have lower odds of dropping. Eight of the last nine of the 36 dilemmas were ones that lead to crew on my Voyage. So it seems heavily skewed against the player

Can confirm this. I just finished an almost 72 hour voyage as well but it gave me a known bug at 2 days 23 hours 44 minutes where it ran out of antimatter and doesnt allow me to refill. DB confirmed in the support ticket that its a known error. I completed 35/36 dilemmas with my only 1 left is the one to get Guinan. Now I'm trying to figure out if support will actually help me out with giving me everything from that voyage AND the Guinan which I feel that after going through that much dilithium already and literally willing to refresh for that last 16 minutes to get the dilemma.

I'll post my own results as well in a bit.
  • I got only Lucien on my 2 profiles, I haven't got any of the others because my voyages aren't long enough or I don't get the right combination of dilemmas on the same voyage...
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Thot Gor from a 6 hour voyage, I instantly recalled.

If you are grinding for just for the voyage crew, then recall after the first dilemma, if it is not the first part of a series, or the series you want. It should improve the odds without wasting dilithium.
  • I too, got Thot Gor today! Wasn't particularly hunting for one-off Voyage-only crew, but more than happy to add this little monkey to the collection!
    rnidwr22q8bl.png
    bhgxfxl9czbx.png
    rjnmn2kgigv0.png