Home Engineering Room

Stupid balance issue for holoemittersq

Once again, our Fleet (which is about 85% active) has encountered the stupid imbalance issue with holoemitters.

Its getting ridiculous now guys. Please either increase the rate they drop, or reduce the others so it is similar. EVERY SINGLE TIME we have to wait and lose out on 100 fleet crons a DAY because of this stupidity.

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I dislike all the holoemitter stuff as well. Very frustrating. I think it is meant to slow people down so they dont upgrade a room every day.
    Let’s fly!
  • And I don't understand it's purpose! I mean, you get choke points in a game, that happens. But they put a choke point in by limiting donations to 700 items. The holoemitters just stop fleets from meeting all the daily targets, while PREVENTING SPENDING by the players who want to do more, (which you'd expect DB to bend over backwards to allow on past behaviour).
    And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's bugger all down here on Earth.
    -Monty Python, The Meaning of Life
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree, many of our fleet have thousands or tens of thousands of the other three but all rooms are waiting on holoemitters.

• One specific example: why does Airponics need holoemitters? My fleet feels bottlenecked by the sheer amount of holo's we need
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like you should prioritize running less efficient ship missions.
  • If you have lots of players that farm smart, its not such an issue anymore though.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats the thing, ship missions should not be less efficient. They should be equal then you could choose whichever will help you.
    Let’s fly!
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats the thing, ship missions should not be less efficient. They should be equal then you could choose whichever will help you.

They aren't less efficient. You just have to run the right ones. Watch for missions sorted lower in game, but that are the cheapest mission on the wiki.

Also look for missions that are slightly less efficient for the primary item you are farming, but will throw off more useful secondary items.

...but they are. So you have two choices:

1) Continue to run the away missions you're running now and continue to be holo-locked on your starbase rooms

2) Adapt and adjust. Run the less efficient missions so you can increase your holo production.

I agree, at least partially, that DB should work a little harder in making it more desirable to run space missions. At the very least, fix the sorting issue where the space missions are shown lower than they should be. But there ARE steps that your fleet can take to mitigate the issue that you clearly are not taking.
  • Every day, I'm running the 20 away team missions, and the rest space battles with 8/10+ chrons per mission, and still get 8-12 chrons per run... yeah. Either the RNG isn't on my side or the imbalance is gigantic
    edited January 2018
    If that's the case, then you need to recruit more people in your fleet to do the same. I average 2-300 Holos per day. You can get the lion-share of your fleet doing that, then you'll start catching up. If your rooms look like the OP's, then it will take a while to catch up, but it'll happen.

EDIT: Just to show I'm not completely full of it, our fleet has finished all of the original rooms and currently at this point with proficiency rooms:

CMD lvl 3
    DIP lvl 4
    SEC lvl 4
    SCI lvl 4
    ENG lvl 3
    MED lvl 3

Nothing but the room we're currently working on (CMD lvl 4) has much built into it, so we aren't even close to being "locked". We tend to alternate doing one Holo room and one Transparent Aluminum room. I do expect the lvl 5 rooms will cause us some problems once we start working those in.
  • why not let you replicate a batch of holo-emitters like 700 for a single replicator ration. What missions do you do peachtree rex for emitters ?
    why not let you replicate a batch of holo-emitters like 700 for a single replicator ration. What missions do you do peachtree rex for emitters ?

I get most of them using my ad-warps on space missions from Ep7/8. I've also stocked up on tons of 1* Novels, Flux Couplers, and Textbooks running their respective space missions. Though, admittedly, the Holo drops for the "cheaper" missions are a lot lower.