Home Ready Room
Options

Voyage Nerf of Replicator Rations?

This past week or so, I basically stopped getting any replicator rations on voyages. This is a problem given that it is a central strategy for my playing style (allowing me to divert chrons for something other than item hunting for promotions which limits my need for too many of them). Given how many questionable changes that have occurred since DB was sold to another firm, I'm wondering if anyone actually knows if there was a policy change on this specific reward. No rations, no need for me to voyage very often. Like everyone else, it's now essentially an honor hunt (speaking of which, anyone have a good free strategy to gaining honor at an above average pace?). Big crew, need ranks...:) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replicator rations have always been a boom-or-bust sort of reward in voyages. When you get them, you get a lot of them in one reward. However, it's not uncommon to just get none.

In my current 7:55 voyage, I am returning with 24 3* rations.

Like with everything, the longer your voyage lasts, the more you can expect to earn. This is the same with credits, chrons, and honor. My voyage yesterday (also lasting right around 8 hours) only brought home ~300 honor, but this one of similar length has 679. Generally, I'm content with 450 honor for a single 7-7:30 voyage.
  • Options
    This is true. The 6hr voyage I recalled last night had 19 3* rations. The one I recalled just now had 60 3* and 25 2*.

It's all in the RNG.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I'm usually pretty willing to cry nerf but I think in this case it may still be random. As people have said the rations have always been wildly random. I do see a recent down trend since the update but I have had a couple decent goes still. I pay closest attention to the rations as they are most of the reason I do voyages.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    thanks for the responses, guys. as long as some of you are still drawing them, that rules out the elimination thing, and that's the most important item.
    I've never had a 7 voyage drought on rations before, and since the timing was about right from the last big changes, I figured I'd check with the community.

• Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    There is a decline in ration drops from voyages. It's not gone, it's still there, but it's considerably less.
    NivenFres wrote: »

That shows about a 15% drop in rations.

Another way to look at it is beforehand he was averaging 60 rations per voyage. After he was averaging 51.

Now RNG can make up that difference. However, I'd argue from my recent experience that the above 51rations was RNG in his favor.

For a day's worth of voyages, I think I'm getting on average 35 rations. Two star has become harder to get, but three star rations seem to drop closer to what they were pre-update.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a thing pop up after I won some of the 3* Replicators, saying I got 14. I was at 14, and it stayed 14. Didn't even add ONE for the Items I had received......

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I think it is a bit random. I have had 2 Voyages this week pop an unusually high # of Rep Rations. One game me 16 4* rations for a SINGLE reward in the middle of the log. This was just after the 8 hour mark I believe. Credits and crew were horrible for those voyages.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    And on my most recent voyage, only ten replicator rations for the entire voyage, but the lack of rations was majorly compensated by pulling in four super-rare crew, three rare crew, and one uncommon. Three of those super rares will help, as two of them were MED - something I'm short on - and one was a second star for Human Q.
  • Options
    I had slight rations for three straight, but am now in another lengthy drought. 4 straight runs with zero again. It's gotten frustrating. Combined with how awful the Gauntlet runs are playing for me right now, am starting to ignore signing in for time sensitive stuff. That's never a good sign. I might be able to knit a phaser sometime in July with the rate of rations I've been getting the last few weeks.
  • Options
    10 hours aboard Prakesh got a whopping five 4*s and four 3*s with 15 4* rations and 45 3* rations...647 chrons...very slow going but I’d never gotten that many crew
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    Getting that many 4* characters is definitely not common. Between that, acquiring The Clown on a different voyage, and the three ten packs from the Convergence Day event I've got plenty of 1st-level characters to spend Chronitons on. But...leveling is the relatively easy part. Fusing? Much harder.
  • Options
    My 20 hour I ran this week got my 25 blue rations and 3 purple crew. Lots of items and.trainets
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just recalled one at 7:18 that's bringing back 14 purple and 26 blue rations.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall max drop amount per drop (not the drop rate itself) has decreased. You can't get up to 29 rations per drop anymore. The maximum I have seen so far was 14 rations per drop. So that's more than 50% less than before. Of course you can still be lucky and get 5 or 6 ration drops with 10-14 rations each. But it's a LOT less likely now to get 50+ rations of any kind in the same voyage.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    I ran 7 Voyages over the last 3 or 4 days (during the Faction Event), and it seems pretty consistent that Rep rations seems to start dropping after the 4 or 5 hour mark, and the better ones don't drop until after 7 or so hours.

That's what I am seeing anyway. I have also been stuck getting a bunch of MED/ENG Voyage skills all week as well, so I don't know if that has any effect.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I think the rate, or the # per drop (per ErisTheVorta above) has decreased. I usually run 13 voyages per week (average 6 hours) and at one point I was around 1200 three star trainers accumulated. My replication rate has not decreased (using about 60-90 3* per day) and I am now down to 400 in stock.
  • Options
    I just picked up a very rare 60 3* in a 6 hour run. That's the best I've done in over two dozen runs. But that used to be a lot more frequent. Bottom line is that it's pretty clear that I'll have to use replicator fuel much more judiciously than I have, which means altering play style. I like to play where all my best people are constantly out on voyages (I'm still fairly new, so I don't have a lot of high quality depth yet). But if I have to constantly slog through chrons for items, I have to keep them back until I can clear more chapters for auto-pilot. I suppose it's a temporary setback, but still.