Home Strange New Worlds
Options

Discovery Episode 10 Spoiler Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if our lorca is the mirror universe's lorca who escaped to the prime universe i guess time will tell?
    -𝕷𝖔𝖈𝖚𝖙𝖚𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕭𝖔𝖗𝖌-

"𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕦𝕤𝕤 𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕤. 𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕥 𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟"

• Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasker wrote: »
    Speaking of the Mirror Universe, one thing I've never quite understood: how did such a bloodthirsty system manage to put together a space empire? How does their system of advancement-by-murder not absolutely hamstring their technological development and all the trust-dependent systems and processes required for successful spacefaring?

How do the crews of the ships stay EXACTLY the same as in the not-as-violent, advance-by-merit Universe we know and love?

The quick answer is that they can’t so just suspend disbelief and have fun.

The harder answer is infinite alternate universes, like the infinite monkeys randomly hitting a typewriter creating the complete works of Shakespeare means yeah it’s possible. Star Trek makes it seem like it’s just two alternate universes (prime and mirror) in which case you are right, very unlikely the same people and ships exist on the same mirror timeline over an extended period...

I’m going to do a Janeway on this one; “Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache.”

Where’s the Asperin?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved this thread in the correct section. Also: I did not see this coming :dizzy:
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Tilly is an absolute MUST release now... Oh boy my favourite DIS episode to date... although I'm a sucker for mirror universe stuff.... Dr. Culber's "shortened neck bones" was fairly upsetting though
  • Options
    OH MY GODESS!
    I just saw it - AWESOME AMAZING!
    The new plot should be to stay in the Mirror Universe - Empress Killy ahead :)
    Live long and prosper.
    Not a Native English speaker - be lenient toward me
  • Options
    [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Tasker wrote: »
    So even in Discovery, they have to burn all their replicator rations making Terran emblems.

Weeks worth of replications for a VIP 14

qyd6b1g9kyez.png

• Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Well if anything it's starting to be clear the Terran Empire isn't very efective at putting down rebellions...

Like is it the same rebellion that spans all these series and ends up with the kca taking the upper hand at the end?
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing stamets warning "don't go to the palace" is referring to the emperors palace on earth. What are the odds it's not an emperor it's an Empress and it's Georgiou?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    I'm guessing stamets warning "don't go to the palace" is referring to the emperors palace on earth. What are the odds it's not an emperor it's an Empress and it's Georgiou?

Ooh, I like that idea! I was thinking her name was conspicuously absent when they discussed where everyone was in the mirror universe.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't be silly. The Emperor is obviously Sato and she's used weird alien tech to keep herself alive and in charge for 101 years.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Don't be silly. The Emperor is obviously Sato and she's used weird alien tech to keep herself alive and in charge for 101 years.

That would be awesome because Enterprise never finished the mirror universe storyline. This way they can and play it off like it was the plan all along
  • Options
    I wonder if our lorca is the mirror universe's lorca who escaped to the prime universe i guess time will tell?

I know it :D
    -𝕷𝖔𝖈𝖚𝖙𝖚𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕭𝖔𝖗𝖌-

"𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕦𝕤𝕤 𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕤. 𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕥 𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟"

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it :D

You TOTALLY called it!!!