Home Ready Room
Options

100K Honor: Kahless or....?

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Ready Room
So, I have just a little over 100K honor that I've managed to save up pretty much since it was introduced. Only spending on a handful of 3* citations here and there to clear crew quarters into cryo-freeze when there was a time crunch.

Should I spend that 100K on the soon to be departing Kahless, save it for either the next legendary Honor Hall hero, OR use it purchase 3* and 4* citations to complete and freeze various Rares and Super-rares?

My current Legendary roster is as follows:

Admiral Riker (1/5)
Bartender Guinan (3/5)
Borg Queen (4/5)
Commander Troi (2/5)
Convergence Day Quark (1/5)
Emotion Chip Data (1/5)
Kortar (4/5)
Mirror Picard (5/5)
Mobile Doctor (1/5)
T'Kuvma (4/5)
Tempted Data (1/5)
Undercover Sulu (1/5)
Will Scarlett (1/5)
Wrathful Khan (2/5)

I have a bottleneck of about 6 rare and 42 super-rare crew in quarters at the moment that I'd like to FF/FE and clear into cold storage, of assorted levels and fusions. I know 100K only gives me five 4* citations, but the twenty-five 3* would definitely help clear space in my otherwise full crew slots. Or, should I just be patient and wait for those 3*'s to show up in Voyages and Pulls?

I'm somewhat worried that I'm overstacked on Command/Diplomacy/Security with 5* Kortar, Riker and Sulu?

Suggestions?
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dude is a gauntlet beast. If you can afford him, get him. Then save for the next guy.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dude is a gauntlet beast. If you can afford him, get him. Then save for the next guy.

Even at just 1 star? I see he's third on the points total on the Gauntlet spreadsheet, but I assume that's for a fully fused version. I'm also concerned about redundancy with my 4/5 Kortar, and 1/5 Riker and Sulu, though I know the numbers don't always translate in the Gauntlet. (Though, frankly, my big problem with the Gauntlet these days is going up against people with huge Starbase bonuses - my fleet is small :/.)
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

Even at just 1 star? I see he's third on the points total on the Gauntlet spreadsheet, but I assume that's for a fully fused version. I'm also concerned about redundancy with my 4/5 Kortar, and 1/5 Riker and Sulu, though I know the numbers don't always translate in the Gauntlet. (Though, frankly, my big problem with the Gauntlet these days is going up against people with huge Starbase bonuses - my fleet is small :/.)

Gauntlet is based solely on proficiency, which only needs 1 star.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I’m having this same dilemma myself and still haven’t decided which way is the best yet. I would say, if you decide on citations instead of Kahless, go for two legendary ones; and I’d add them to the Borg Queen and one other. The Borg Queen because she’s extremely useful once she’s fully immortalized, for voyages, shuttles, away missions, and even events at times. The second choice would be slightly harder. I’d either go with Kortar or T’Kuvma. Kortar has 3 skills and they turn out really well too, but the space orc is a killer in ship battles and even with two skills they both end up over 1000 before the roll is added, plus he’s actually better in the gauntlet than Kortar. They’re both great for voyages and shuttles, as well as away missions but the previous reasons listed would ultimately make my choice for the orc. Just my opinion from personal experience and such.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    1. Hold off on making a purchase for as long as you can, i.e. you want to find out who replaces Kahless first.

2. If your fleet reaches its daily Honor reward then you can calculate how long it will take you to build up Honor to purchase a 3* (with Honor from Voyages etc. roughly added in). e.g. How much can you approx make within a week?

3. The next step is so hard to decide on ... are those 3*s 2/3 FE?, how many 3*s do you already have immortalised? etc. etc. ... this will determine if you should open the upcoming community reward 10x pull ... for example, if those six are the last 3*s you need to immortalise then you'll probably end up opening the 10 pack this weekend (you won't get any new 3*s), so if you are not in dire need of crew space, hold off until you open that, you might get lucky and in the meantime you're Voyages will continue bringing crew in.

If you are considering spending it on a 4* citation I'd choose someone who has NOT been event crew and is a one-off that you can safely cryo asap. (especially if you do not need their skills - someone CMD/SEC/DIP like you stated - e.g. a Resistance Shakaar, Sheriff Worf, Defiant Commander Worf ...).

4. Be patient, you can always spend it in a split second but earning it takes a long time.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mega Event crew is priority, as they don't drop in regular portals, so Kortar, T'Kuvma and Borg Queen would be a purrfect candidate for citation. Bartender Guinan is also good once it's sure she's no longer available in the Gauntlet.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaless is a Gauntlet beast so if you have slots for him then go for it, that said, when you face a wall of Khalesses he doesn't really help you as then its 50:50 as to if you can kill the opponents.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this elsewhere, but the biggest thing you need to do now is wait.

There will be overlap (probably about a week) where the new character is known (but not available yet) and you can make a decision if Kahless is worth the investment. If the previous Gauntlet rotations are any indication, they will be very specific and deliberate about this change.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good advice, thanks! Will hold off and see what’s on the Honor Hall horizon then.