Home Make It So!
Options

Gauntlet Restrictions

SpaceWereDragonSpaceWereDragon ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Make It So!
This is a suggestion for a propose gauntlet restriction

Along side the three traits that provide bonuses to the gauntlet will be one restriction.

The restriction could be a trait. For instances, no crew with the Denobulan trait can be used for that round of the gauntlet. Or Federation trait, and so forth.

The restriction could be rarity. Only crew 4* and lower can be used, which will restrict the use of legendaries for that round. Or crew 3* and lower. And so forth.

The restriction could be gender, very similar to the female only cadet challenges.

The restriction will add new spice to the gauntlet by increasing the variety of crew being used in the gauntlet

Comments

• Options
    I actually really like this idea. It would definitely add some variety and require more strategy, especially with the restrictions. I feel trait restrictions would most increase the necessity of a deep crew Perhaps it would alleviate some of the staleness.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think the rarity restriction will go well unless there are two separate gauntlets for 4*/5* characters and another for 2*/3* characters but a trait restriction might be interesting.
  • Options
    I don’t think the rarity restriction will go well unless there are two separate gauntlets for 4*/5* characters and another for 2*/3* characters but a trait restriction might be interesting.

I thought about the idea of seperating the gauntlets but I decided it might tax the servers because you double the amount of gauntlets.

——

The way I thought of the rarity restrictions as one of the options is this:

if the rarity restriction doesn’t come up as the restriction, then it plays as a normal gauntlet. Any rarity can be used. It just depends on what trait was restricted

If rarity restriction comes up, then it becomes how good are your 4*’s or 3*’s and so forth. It will give the lower rank captains a better chance at success because they might not have as many 5*’s
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or it might put even more strain on their crew capacity, having to keep more 3* crew than what is needed for weekend cadet challenges. VIP0s that have found success through ranked/threshold event rewards and honor/dip giveaways would probably be hit the hardest.
  • Options
    True. That’s why I was thinking 3* and below. Everyone should have some 3* and 2* for the cadet challenges. Some of the 2* does have some decent rolls.

Another reason I was thinking having the rarity restriction restrict both 5*’s or both 5 and 4*’s is to expand what we see in the gauntlet. To prevent the walls of mirror phloxs in every gauntlet.

But we could have the rarity restriction be only legendaries. And not 4*’s.

*waves at @shan and @Black Pebble * I think the restriction trait/rarity for gauntlet is a good idea and will prevent the monotonous of the gauntlet, and the walls of the same crew in every gauntlet.