Home The Bridge

System Failure Alert on voyage = panic attack

Is it just me or does anyone else get mini heart or panic attack for a split second seeing that System Failure Alert on voyages when your pretty sure you have antimatter left?

Comments

• br2mwa1smzjv.png
    If i had recalled as soon as i got that alert i couldnt have done this a few days ago...but it did make me panic a bit when i was so close to the 8 hour mark
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I returned mine at 7hrs 53 minutes with 3 AM left, ah well. Saved Dilithium.
    Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the change. The out of game notification works now.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the change. The out of game notification works now.

I agree. It's not working consistently for me but when it does it is very helpful
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what would be nice? A "Yellow Alert" symbol, rather than the "you're already dead" one. Think I'll go suggest that.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    In their defense, the little "pharmacy" looking sign is yellow until it goes red, isn't it?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    In their defense, the little "pharmacy" looking sign is yellow until it goes red, isn't it?

As I recall, it's yellow on the main map, red on the galaxy. But you need to enter the galaxy map to get the main map notification to display properly. I also think you don't get the out of game alert if you're in game.

So yeah, it's better, but not perfect.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

As I recall, it's yellow on the main map, red on the galaxy. But you need to enter the galaxy map to get the main map notification to display properly. I also think you don't get the out of game alert if you're in game.

So yeah, it's better, but not perfect.

Agreed, and that symbol is a caduceus.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Does anyone else here think there should be a better in-game notification? I don't seem to see the out-of-game notification if i'm in-game doing other things. I'll check my voyage, then, to alleviate the "watching paint dry" feeling you get by watching a voyage run out, I'll go play the gauntlet, craft recipes for upgrades, play in whatever event is going on, etc. Then it will dawn on me to look at the voyage again, only to find that it has expired--all while I'm in the game. Is it possible to set up a reminder to prevent this? Or maybe to have a voyage-o-meter somewhere on the dashboard?
  • I'm just confused on how fast you can go through the antimatter. I revived a ship this morning at 5:40am, which gave it 2700, and when I checked it at 6:50am, it was down to 400. Sometimes it just seems the ships bleed antimatter
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    OttawaJohn wrote: »
    I'm just confused on how fast you can go through the antimatter. I revived a ship this morning at 5:40am, which gave it 2700, and when I checked it at 6:50am, it was down to 400. Sometimes it just seems the ships bleed antimatter

See the Voyages page on the wiki with an explanation of how antimatter is consumed.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Aha, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the reference