Home Ready Room
Options

Tuvix question and appeal for help

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a 2/3* Tuvok at level 10 who was waiting with a level 1 Neelix to make a Tuvix. I figured I had time and wasn't working on it. I got 2 new Nelix cards today.

Should I level up and give citation to Tuvok so I can turn him into Tuvix with the three Nelix cards, or merge and level Neelix?

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, how many open slots do you have? Personally, I'd want to wait until he drops again, but if you're super short on space, I'd actually merge your three Neelixes together and then merge the 3/3 Neelix into your 2/3 Tuvok (taking the hit on that extra star of his). Not worth spending Honor for a 3* citation, I don't think.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neelix is easier to level than Tuvok, but whichever you decide to level, get that one to level 99 before you merge them.
  • Options
    I decided to level Tuvok. Aside from the million shirts he needed, I had almost everything. I took him from level 10 to 90 in under ten minutes. I have all the rest of his equipment ready, but I'm out of purple and gold trainers and down lower on all the others than I've been in more than a months.
  • Options
    Good Call DavideBooks, that will help raise the level on your tuvix quite well. Do you do the voyages?? I find quite a few Trainers on those- just a thought
  • Options
    Constant voyages. I get about 5 hours regularly. The good trainers are past 6. Lots of purple trainers. Shuttles also give me about 3-10 every 3 hours depending on faction. I just used a bunch on Q and the Burnhams. I'm constantly short on trainers. I have at least 10 crew at level 90 or greater waiting for trainers. I have 10 more with all the equipment needed for their next upgrade but not enough trainers to get them there. Once I get enough crew high enough, I will have an abundance of trainers, if all people say here is true.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Constant voyages. I get about 5 hours regularly. The good trainers are past 6. Lots of purple trainers. Shuttles also give me about 3-10 every 3 hours depending on faction. I just used a bunch on Q and the Burnhams. I'm constantly short on trainers. I have at least 10 crew at level 90 or greater waiting for trainers. I have 10 more with all the equipment needed for their next upgrade but not enough trainers to get them there. Once I get enough crew high enough, I will have an abundance of trainers, if all people say here is true.

It will happen eventually. I have more trainers than I could possibly use right now. But I have another fairly new account where trainers are a massive problem. I'm spending nearly all my Honor on trainers there, with a few spared for rations. On that account, I'm in a similar boat as you, with the majority of my small crew ready and waiting to be leveled.

It's true that the longer Voyages will help build up your stash. It also helps tremendously to have 4 shuttles.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I got one one Tuvok and one more Neelix. I now have a level 99 Tuvix. If I recall from other discussions, now I can fuse my three level 1 Neelix and wait for a level 1 Tuvok. I can then fuse them to a level 1 Tuvix which can then merge with my level 99 Tuvix. Is that correct?
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need three of one and one of the other, doesn't matter which is 3*. Merge them into a Level 1 Tuvix. Then add that to your main Tuvix to add a star.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried merging a 2/3* Neelix with a 2/3* Tuvok?
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t work, it has to be 3* of one and 1* of the other.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t work, it has to be 3* of one and 1* of the other.

FYI, technically you can actually merge a 3/3* of one with a 2/3* of the other.
    I realize this might seem wasteful, but here is the scenario where it could come into play:
    - you already have Tuvix (or The Duras Sisters) at 3/4*
    - as you are collecting the final 3* 'component crew cards' you need for the last Star of your 4* character, you end up with 2 copies of each prior to having 3 of either
    - you merge all your 'component crew cards' so that you have both at 2/3*, allowing you to save Crew Slots space
    - this way you are set up so that if you get either of the 'component crew cards' next, you are able to make the final Star to add to your 4* character