Home The Bridge

Confusion about $9.99 event character offer this week

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in The Bridge
Shouldn't they be offering one Tourist Quark (and packs etc.) for $9.99? Why is it Burnham? I know it's a relatively new offer, but I seem to remember the same character (usually the one you can't get in threshold) being sold for $24.99 for two and then $9.99 for one. I've been waiting all weekend to buy him!

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody knows? Oh well. DB, just want you to know I had $9.99 waiting to eagerly give you, and you denied me the opportunity. To give you money. Thanks, I guess?
  • High five DB
  • Ahhhh the old classic switch and bait, switch, switch, crash, switch and bait, bait, switch...you gotta admire them!
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I'm a little torn this time. In this particular event I would have been more likely to buy the 9.99 offer if it had quark. In a full faction event I would rather have the 9.99 offer for the threshold character to make sure I could ff them. If they set a pattern I hope they stick to the threshold character in general
    Right, right, next week it will make sense, if I've gotten that character at 3/4 from the threshold rewards. Which is why I was asking if anyone remembered how it's been.

I think the first time they did this, it was Mirror Jadzia Dax, who was the ranked reward (Plus one in the community.)
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    It should always be the one which is hardest to get.

In faction it should be the threshold as only 3/4
    In Galaxy it should be Ranked because 10,000 chronitons lol or whatever would end up being the price tag.

Never pay more for an acquisition then you have to..

(Headshakes at DB)
    And this is over a Ferengi too if all races !!
    Ahhh !!

(Kicks over trash can)

What ?
    Lol no I'm not planning to buy it.

Because !
    What if I wanted to ?
    It would have been tempting.
    There is no temptation for Burnham because I've immortalized her already..

We're trying to help you DB.
    Help us, help you.
    Is someone from the Federation telling you to make all these unprofitable choices ?
    Blink once for yes, twice for no..

Oh and one other thing while your blinking like a crazy person (you really should slow down, it's hard to tell if your blinking once or twice)

If it takes me too long to get drunk, I'm going to be sober enough to stop buying the booze.
    edited January 2018
    +1 Future Imperfecta. I would have bought Tourist Quark, and hoped for excellent luck in the two packs to FF him. I'm not buying Burnham, because I've already immortalized her, and I'm still mad at her for knocking my Jadzia out of first place.

So, once again DB, I hope you enjoy being $10 poorer.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit it was a slightly odd choice, given most people have FF from the threshold + community rewards. Still saves a lot of people 10$

I'm not sure why exactly the $25 pack was pulled so early either, as the past few weeks they have run alongside the $10 offer. Not that I would buy them anyway mind, but still, it limits spending options doesn't it??

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like the $9.99 chron offer, probably experimenting to see what works, and intentionally causing chaos to cause rash buying. If you don't know what you're going to get, you better pay up now when one thing shows up.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they will use their heads this week. Since both 4* are new, maybe do both at the end, like they did before a couple times.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."