Home The Bridge

Another new ship... Ship of the Dead (Sarcophagus)

[7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in The Bridge
I don't buy schems, ever, but for those that do there's another new ship in the game... (careful it's a higher chance pack)

mr40arxth304.png

9lu0ufg3up6q.png

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did two Pulls, with my Dilithium left after the nice Culber Be-Gold.

Got 100 Ferengi Marauder, then 150 Sarco.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    edited January 2018
    "HIGHER CHANCE"

itsatrap.jpg

I know that is most common. Yet, got a set on my second Single Pull.

Also:

knr3opz.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Per past examples - it takes about $100 USD to buy this ship to max level via these portals. Depending on your RNG and this is not a guaranteed portal but best chance - that number will no doubt vary upwards.

To get 600 schems to build it at level one, please prepare to spend $20 at the very least.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    And unless the ship is level 10 5* it won't be used in PvP or Voyages. Doing a single pull of a limited rare schematic is a waste of DIL unless you plan to keep buying until the ship is at level 10.
  • Ship prices have always been out of wack in this game from day one.

One of the few remaining benefits to the forum is hopefully to prevent new players from being suckered by the schematics trap.
  • I just spent 20 bucks, and burnt 3200 dilithium on schematics for this ship. And I still don't have enough to make a lvl 1. I wish I had done my research before wasting my money.

For $20 I could have bought a dicast Star Trek Starship with magazine from eaglemoss. Instead I'm stuck with nothing. No sarcophagus ship to fly, not even close with over five 10x pulls. What a scam.

I'm truly sorry you had to learn the hard way.

"Best/Better/Higher chance" packs are by far the worst of the worst when it comes to offers from DB. You aren't guaranteed anything, and a "higher" chance can mean as little as a 1% to a 1.5% chance.
    Immortalized: 465
    Tour of duty: January 2016 to present.
    Shut up Wesley.
    I just spent 20 bucks, and burnt 3200 dilithium on schematics for this ship. And I still don't have enough to make a lvl 1. I wish I had done my research before wasting my money.

For $20 I could have bought a dicast Star Trek Starship with magazine from eaglemoss. Instead I'm stuck with nothing. No sarcophagus ship to fly, not even close with over five 10x pulls. What a scam.

I'm truly sorry you had to learn the hard way.

"Best/Better/Higher chance" packs are by far the worst of the worst when it comes to offers from DB. You aren't guaranteed anything, and a "higher" chance can mean as little as a 1% to a 1.5% chance.

Since vital information is withheld.....

1} "How much higher?"
    2} "Higher than WHAT?"

For instance, if it is 0.5% higher than a 1.0% chance, that is still kind of

c3nesexfyuw4.png
  • edited January 2018
    4 packs, 2 of them had no schematics at all. Some might say "Oh thats just RNG, its fickle like that" but the drop rate seems to be lower than usual. I like to drop some dilithium just to unlock a ship even though I have no intention of dropping the cash needed to max it out just so I can look at a cool ship flying around the screen. This ship, its one ugly looking beast. Maybe its just me but I think it looks almost organic, got a "bio ship" thing going on there.

Although I think most of the DIS ships look weird. Scroll to the bottom to see some model ships. I'd probably still buy a Magee class.

http://www.eaglemoss.com/en-uk/sci-fi-fantasy/star-trek-discovery/

a1.png 270.4K
    a2.png 121.2K
    a3.png 307.8K
    a4.png 438.2K
    a5.png 206.7K
    a6.png 209.2K
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    And unless the ship is level 10 5* it won't be used in PvP or Voyages. Doing a single pull of a limited rare schematic is a waste of DIL unless you plan to keep buying until the ship is at level 10.
    4 packs, 2 of them had no schematics at all. Some might say "Oh thats just RNG, its fickle like that" but the drop rate seems to be lower than usual. I like to drop some dilithium just to unlock a ship even though I have no intention of dropping the cash needed to max it out just so I can look at a cool ship flying around the screen. This ship, its one ugly looking beast. Maybe its just me but I think it looks almost organic, got a "bio ship" thing going on there.

Although I think most of the DIS ships look weird. Scroll to the bottom to see some model ships. I'd probably still buy a Magee class.

Yup, that's exactly it! Level 10 for kicking @$$ in arena or voyages, but just need level 1 to fly around on the screen with (which also shows up in your profile page when others click on you in fleet or chat). Add some Klingons to your bridge crew and you got yourself some RP fun for others to view. (Not that I would spend dil just for sarco......maybe if the Shen Zhou comes out again)
  • It is so ugly that even if it was a guaranteed pack I wouldn't get it (I bet a guaranteed purchase will come up in the next few days )
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • I find it laughable that they equate a Schematic to a Crew in value. Schematics are portal trash that block honor from the regular portal. Crew gives honor, schematics take up space in inventory.

Why would anyone want to spend 650 dilithium (the same cost as the premium portal where you get crew) for schematics that will likely be useless because they really aren't even necessary as replicator fuel any longer.

I get that some people will want to have the bright new shiny toy, but the cost is crazy. I could see maybe 350 dilithium (even then there is no way I would purchase it) but 650?

I completely agree with all of this about the Schematics. When the Hirogen pack came out, I did a 10x pull, and got 150 for the Warship (not enough to even build it). There those schems sat for over 6 months, until they were awarded in the Arena. Lesson learned, never again.

Just curious Althea, do you collect "useless schematics" for fun now? ;)
    (I still use mine for replicator every day, just to get them out of my inventory.)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone buy this garbage? Ship battles are kind of irrelavent so the only reason to get this would be for voyages when you need the ship at least level 8.

My Klingon T'kong (level 8) takes care of the klingon trait I guess I don't have a historic ship but really not worth 100$ or even 10$ for a maxed out ship.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay €100 for a maxed out Enterprise D Retrofit or Enterprise E/J the last few ships to be introduced do nothing for me
  • God help them if they gave us Enterprise E. Guess they are saving that one for when they are really desperate for money. It will probably come in a "best chance of" pack.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
    edited January 2018
    Please stop clicking the Spoiler Button if you are gonna whinge about the Spoiler!!!!!

So, watched some stuff yesterday. Was the Sarcophagus Ship the one that sliced that Federation ship in half while cloaked, with the huge blade on the keel? The Europa? After the Admiral saved the USS Shenzhou with his tractor beam?

Also, am I the only one who thinks the "PEW! PEW!" of the Klingon Ships is a LITTLE cartoony?!?!?

• Please stop clicking the Spoiler Button if you are gonna whinge about the Spoiler!!!!!

So, watched some stuff yesterday. Was the Sarcophagus Ship the one that sliced that Federation ship in half while cloaked, with the huge blade on the keel? The Europa? After the Admiral saved the USS Shenzhou with his tractor beam?

Also, am I the only one who thinks the "PEW! PEW!" of the Klingon Ships is a LITTLE cartoony?!?!?
    Yes it is the ship that sliced the Fed ship. Also I don't like the pew pew either. lol. I have not liked any of the ship combat until the Emperors ship "nuked the site from orbit". That was awesome.
  • "HIGHER CHANCE"

itsatrap.jpg

Lmao, this is awesome!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am ashamed to admit I plunked down cash when the I.S.S. Defiant was released. It’s still sitting at level 6 with 750/775 schematics with no hope of being fully leveled. :neutral:
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am ashamed to admit I plunked down cash when the I.S.S. Defiant was released. It’s still sitting at level 6 with 750/775 schematics with no hope of being fully leveled. :neutral:

There's always hope. Lol I got mine up to L1 based on that unholy threshold reward... so they will come...
  • UnkieB wrote: »
    New offer...

ijhqn4mbf05r.jpg

LMAO! Yeah... after people bought "Worst Chance" Packs! Hahahahaha
    Please stop clicking the Spoiler Button if you are gonna whinge about the Spoiler!!!!!

Yes it is the ship that sliced the Fed ship. Also I don't like the pew pew either. lol. I have not liked any of the ship combat until the Emperors ship "nuked the site from orbit". That was awesome.
    I saw that on You Tube. That is how you nuke a Base!!!!!
    UnkieB wrote: »
    New offer...

ijhqn4mbf05r.jpg

Just came to post that. I figured it would be sometime this weekend......
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far every new ship has dropped an offer. I bought it. Looks dominate.... If I ever max it.
  • It is so ugly that even if it was a guaranteed pack I wouldn't get it (I bet a guaranteed purchase will come up in the next few days )

I guess the new special offer counts as calling it.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far every new ship has dropped an offer. I bought it. Looks dominate.... If I ever max it.

How far does 2300 schems take it?
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    How far does 2300 schems take it?

If I did my math right, 5/10