Home Ready Room
Options

Yellow plus signs versus green plus signs

I am trying to figure out the difference between the yellow and green plus signs on gears/components but haven't found it. Could someone enlighten me? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Green means somebody can use the gear to finish building an item.

Yellow means somebody can equip the item directly without having to build an item first.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Green means somebody can use the gear to finish building an item.

Yellow means somebody can equip the item directly without having to build an item first.

It always seems illogical to me. Green should be straight equips while yellow should be build. Red would be totally useless and you probably have hundreds of already
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my God, thank you. This has been driving me nuts since I started playing.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    And blue during galaxy events stating that it is ready for crafting an event item.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    And blue during galaxy events stating that it is ready for crafting an event item.

Y'know, I really wish there was something like this. There are a few similar-looking items that drop from the same mission — the ENT Hyperspanner I think is one of the items that have close-enough looking doppelgangers — and when farming for those in Galaxy, it's often really hard for me to tell "was that the right one?"... so I click "continue" and find out that no, it was actually the other one, so back into the mission I go. Also for those times when there are multiple items needed for a recipe and I've had to run the mission so many times to get them that I lost count of how many I acquired so far.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Y'know, I really wish there was something like this. There are a few similar-looking items that drop from the same mission — the ENT Hyperspanner I think is one of the items that have close-enough looking doppelgangers — and when farming for those in Galaxy, it's often really hard for me to tell "was that the right one?"... so I click "continue" and find out that no, it was actually the other one, so back into the mission I go. Also for those times when there are multiple items needed for a recipe and I've had to run the mission so many times to get them that I lost count of how many I acquired so far.

At one point I thought it did do something like this but it was the same green for crafting a material for a crew. Usually items in an event do not finish items I need to craft on crew. But to my dismay it was an item I needed to finish crafting gear.

Great Idea!
    Admiral Christopher Pike
    Joint Fleets
    Temporal Defense Initiative (TDI)
    Deep Space Armada (DSA)
    Temporal Defense Initiative 2 (TDI2)

Discord Server