Home The Bridge

Doppelganger Event(s)?

Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
Bringing a discussion that started elsewhere to its own thread:

It could be a lot of fun to have an event with characters all portrayed by the same actor. Think of the possibilities:
  • An all-Jeffrey Combs event with Shran, Brunt, and Weyoun.
  • An all-Majel Barret-Roddenberry event with Chapel, Lwaxana, the original Number One, and/or the Computer.
  • An all-Diana Muldaur event with Dr. Katherine Pulaski, Dr. Miranda Jones, and Dr. Ann Mulhall. (I sense a medical theme with this one.)
  • An all-J.G. Hertzler event with Kolos, Laas, and Martok. (Although those all already exist in the game).
  • Others?
What do you think? What might be a good theme for one of these combinations?

Please, DB. Let's have some fun with this.
Fleet: Starship Trista
Captain Level: 95
VIP Level: 12
Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes many choices, all good. I would like more theme events.
    Let’s fly!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the actors to have had more than seven roles would be possible. Ones not mentioned above:

Thomas Kopache (Kira Taban, Sphere Builder)
    Randy Oglesby (Degra, Ah-Kel and Ro-Kel)
    Vaughn Armstrong (Adm. Forrest, Mirror Captain Forrest, Telek R’Mor, Korath)
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    Suzie Plakson: K'Ehleyr, Female Q, Doctor Selar, Tarah

I like the Plakson idea. Female Q could be the legendary, Tarah could be a super-rare, K'Ehleyr already in-game as a super-rare, and Selar is already in-game as a rare that could be in the rewards.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Please.....NOT!
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    AviTrek wrote: »
    David Warner - Ambassador St. John Talbot , Chancellor Gorkon, Gul Madred

Nice. It's always seemed odd to me that we didn't have Chancellor Gorkon in the game.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    David Warner - Ambassador St. John Talbot , Chancellor Gorkon, Gul Madred

Nice. It's always seemed odd to me that we didn't have Chancellor Gorkon in the game.

I continue to hope that Gorkon will replace Kahless or Guinan. But if neither happens, then I'll settle for an event.
  • Princess Vespa endorses this idea.

IKzVOff.jpg
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    Mark Lenard

350?cb=20110417163107&path-prefix=en

In addition to Sarek and the Romulan Commander, he also was the Klingon Captain in ST:TMP.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guest  wrote: »
    Mark Lenard

In addition to Sarek and the Romulan Commander, he also was the Klingon Captain in ST:TMP.

Isn't the Klingon Captain Barak?
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Yes
  • Guest Guest  ✭✭✭

I believe so
  • Guest  wrote: »

I believe so

It is in Star Trek Timelines. In the Star Trek CCG it was Commander Krase
  • So my thought on how to connect them is based on the TNG episode The Chase.

Splintered Souls
    The aliens who seeded the alpha and beta quadrant with humanoid life used the DNA of their entire populace as the template, some of that DNA is just more common (linking back to the scientists who developed the procedure) thus we have a reason for Brunt, Weyoun, Shran (etc) actually being closely related.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe so

It is in Star Trek Timelines. In the Star Trek CCG it was Commander Krase

He never got a name in the film, so various "canon"s/fanons have given him different names. Same with the female Romulan commander.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] An all-Majel Barret-Roddenberry event with Chapel, Lwaxana, the original Number One, and/or the Computer.

Majel voiced the computer in all five series before her death, and five films including the 2009 reboot. She has been in more episodes of star trek than any other actor or actress. A Majel event would be perfect.
    Majel voiced characters in TAS, including the lovely M'Ress. Meow.

latest?cb=20061205201828&path-prefix=en

And I said when they announced more Animated Series crew were coming to join Arix that M'Ress needs to join him stat!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Mark Lenard

And it would certainly be possible to add another version of Sarek to the game. Maybe this one:
    0zpblmxnqagf.jpg
  • Tim Russ played a few different characters.... Tuvok, A Lt in Generations who was never named, a mercenary in TNG and a Klingon in DS9.

Also, didn't Jeffrey combs have another character or 2? There's the Benny Russel alternate earth cop, and I thought he was in an episode of voyager, (Tsunkatse?), and played Tiron in the episode Meridian
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xaxtan wrote: »
    Also, didn't Jeffrey combs have another character or 2? There's the Benny Russel alternate earth cop, and I thought he was in an episode of voyager, (Tsunkatse?), and played Tiron in the episode Meridian

He's been...

Brunt
    Weyoun
    Shran
    Tiron
    Kevin Mulkahey
    Penk
    Krem

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    Xaxtan wrote: »

He's been...

Brunt
    Weyoun
    Shran
    Tiron
    Kevin Mulkahey
    Penk
    Krem

Which is why Combs could be an entire Mega event on his own (but I'd settle for one doppelganger mega event).

Kevin Mulkahey was more a version of Weyoun (Wizard of Oz style), so it's not an entirely different role (still worth being added to the game though).
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • [Sushi] Ootoro[Sushi] Ootoro ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    James Cromwell:

Cochrane (movie)
    Minister Nayrok (TNG)
    Jaglom Shrek (TNG)
    Minister Hanok (DS9)
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martha Hackett: Subcommander T'Rul (DS9), Seska (VOY)
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • There are so many possibilities, they should do it once a year as a recurring event. I would be a complete sucker for a Plakson event.

I doubt it'll happen though, it is somewhat focusing on what most people would consider a flaw in the franchise. Few actors pull it off well. As someone who works with sound it always annoys me when the voice is identical and we're supposed to pretend it's not the same person. Suzie Plakson was one of the few actors to actually work her speech patterns and not rely only on prosthetics and make-up alone. It helps that her characters are not in the same episodes (looking at you DS9/Combs).
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
    There are so many possibilities, they should do it once a year as a recurring event. I would be a complete sucker for a Plakson event.

I doubt it'll happen though, it is somewhat focusing on what most people would consider a flaw in the franchise. Few actors pull it off well. As someone who works with sound it always annoys me when the voice is identical and we're supposed to pretend it's not the same person. Suzie Plakson was one of the few actors to actually work her speech patterns and not rely only on prosthetics and make-up alone. It helps that her characters are not in the same episodes (looking at you DS9/Combs).

Dogs of War proved Combs talent as so many non hardcore folks had no idea it was the same actor..... the voice work and body language alone were vastly different.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    A Vaughn Armstrong event would be awesome, especially if Admiral Forrest were the 5*. He's probably the most desperately needed card in the entire game by a wide margin.

He's also been 3 Klingons, 2 Cardassian, a Romulan, a Hirogen, a Vidiian, a Kreetassan, and a Borg in all 4 post TOS series. That's plenty of options for an event.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    There are so many possibilities, they should do it once a year as a recurring event. I would be a complete sucker for a Plakson event.

Dogs of War proved Combs talent as so many non hardcore folks had no idea it was the same actor..... the voice work and body language alone were vastly different.

See, Dogs of war was exactly what I had in mind. It should've been a good episode but was rendered completely unbearable because the same actor is playing too many roles. It felt like a complete joke throughout because it was so obvious. I doubt as many people were fooled as you think. I'm a fan, I wanted it to work but it completely failed for me.
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.

See, Dogs of war was exactly what I had in mind. It should've been a good episode but was rendered completely unbearable because the same actor is playing too many roles. It felt like a complete joke throughout because it was so obvious. I doubt as many people were fooled as you think. I'm a fan, I wanted it to work but it completely failed for me.

And I think the opposite considering the number of times I've blown peoples minds by pointing it out.
    In a couple instances folks in uniform at cons as well.

He shows some absolutely marvelous versatility in the presentations of the roles, despite Brunt being a fairly 2 dimensional character from a script standpoint.