Home Make It So!
Options

Please find a way to make our HUGE rosters useful

With the absence of Expedition events, there is no longer any incentive for long time players like myself to continue spending money and acquiring new characters to level up, ad infinitum.
I currently have 300 active crew slots with 383/481 Immortalized characters, of which 73 are immortalized Legendaries.
And I'm not the only player with this "problem".
I use only Legendaries for all events, shuttles, Gauntlets and Voyages and NEVER need to use any Super Rares characters for anything at all, ever.
I literally have zero need for any more new characters and have little incentive to spend or play anymore.
Don't let us get bored, DB !
Keep the game fresh to retain your players and profits.
I look forward to some new gameplay elements to retain veteran whales like myself.
Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    There could be a portion of the game that unlocks when you get to a certain crew count / level count where you are almost staffing several ships combining the VOYAGES and BATTLE ARENA portion of the game. You can do long term battles or research or diplomatic missions against similar players. OR... Pity the warrior who slays all his foes... There is nothing for you to conquer in this game and you can move on. Hopefully you are actually Jeri Ryan or else that's weird...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a way. Making the thread now
  • Options
    In the past I purchased the 10x Premium Pack and 15x premium pack on a weekly basis (as they were presented). I'm now at 190ish crew and I pulled 15x today. I got only 3 beholds (3/15), just one 5* character, and 12 duplicate 4*.

If you want to ensure that I NEVER buy these packs again please keep up the very low levels of 5* and non-duplicate characters. It's getting ridiculous that I can pull 15 packs and get only 4 or so characters. Yes, I'm sure that others have twice my count and can get almost nothing but I'm betting that they are in the same boat as me. Unless something changes and you make it so that I get value from the 10x and 15x, count me out in the future.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Jeri, I appreciate you take so much time playing this game AND acting in all those TV series. :)

By the way, I have reached 36 gold immortals by now and already only a tiny bit of my purrples actually make it onto a voyage or a shuttle, so I agree ... there should be a challenge for every kind of rarity ... heck, even the whites could become of some use again. However, most people would complain about the lack of crew slots. :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    JERI RYANJERI RYAN ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    My pleasure, Eris. = )
    There are actually plenty of crew slots.
    I bought 300 and believe me it's far more than any player would ever need, as long as extended Expedition events no longer exist (as they did in the beginning and exhausted a player's ENTIRE crew).
    The problem for free to play players is the insufficient number of FREE crew slots.
    But yes, my point is that big spending veterans like myself no longer have anything left to do in this game, lol.
    And it is indeed a funny position to be in, to have handfuls of Super Rares characters that just stay in their "crew quarters" for the entire game.
    I created this thread to ask DB to give veteran players SOMETHING useful to do with their Super Rares.
    Eventually, this is an artificial wall which many moderate spending players will experience.
  • Options
    There could be a portion of the game that unlocks when you get to a certain crew count / level count where you are almost staffing several ships combining the VOYAGES and BATTLE ARENA portion of the game. You can do long term battles or research or diplomatic missions against similar players. OR... Pity the warrior who slays all his foes... There is nothing for you to conquer in this game and you can move on. Hopefully you are actually Jeri Ryan or else that's weird...

I wish she was!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be sweet though! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    There could be a portion of the game that unlocks when you get to a certain crew count / level count where you are almost staffing several ships combining the VOYAGES and BATTLE ARENA portion of the game. You can do long term battles or research or diplomatic missions against similar players.

I really like the idea of a research option, setting crew an item, schematic, training programs, or those allusive science projects.

The overall level of the crew score (voyages like), determines how long it takes to complete or the rarity of the item? That way, you can put a rubbish crew out because you are focusing on a long voyage or shuttles (or new) takes a lot longer to get a specific component etc