Home The Bridge

Has Anyone Seen My Friend Mirror Jean-Luc?

*ducks thrown fruit*

Comments

• MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, he's still on the splash page for the app when it starts.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was in the gauntlet, but left 3 hours ago.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    He was in the gauntlet, but left 3 hours ago.

I don't think that guy EVER leaves.
  • They're going to have to up the stakes for Gauntlet crew. It's getting silly now. There's so few genuinely decent characters you just get the same old day in day out. It's really kind of dull, especially since the rewards are so ordinary with the tiny tiny possibility of getting Guinan. They should throw in 5 more Gauntlet only crew to give some variety and spice and make them appear more frequently - but only twice as frequently because we don't need walls of the same stuff again.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I love my MJ-L almost as much as the Merlot I'm drinking right now.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean the gauntlet can be stale, but I like to freshen things up when I feel I have the leeway too.
    Of course I whip out Seven of Nine, Guinan, Mirror Jean-Luc, Kahless, and Mirror Phlox when I feel like I have no one better. I don't have a Locutus so I can't bring him out.

But last few gauntlets I've been bringing out Benny Russell, North Star Tucker, Delta Flyer Paris, Mirror Bashir, Changeling Founder, Mademoiselle de Neuf, and those are crew I usually don't get to bring out for gauntlet often. If other people want to keep the gauntlet as plain as flour, then I'll be the one bringing the basil, rosemary, cinnamon, and whatever else to spice it up.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now see Mirror Picard more than anyone else
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Get anywhere close to the top ten now and it's walls of Mirror Picards as far as the eye can see. I've gone three rounds in a gauntlet without seeing a single other character.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Pretty sure I saw your friend walking up over the hill with Abraham, Martin and John.
  • Next mega event I really hope they don’t make the same mistake and give a crew with a super high roll. Keep it great base stats like the Borg queen
  • edited January 2018
    personally, I think with the gauntlet, they need to do better match ups that match up with your characters skill points. I hate getting 200-700 something up as a challenger and having to refresh like 50x to just get close to my skill points matching.
  • Looking at the gauntlet right now: 5 Mirror Picards and 1 Kahless.

Lets just refresh that....and heres some variety: Half Guinans and half Mirror Phloxes, dont fancy my chances here so another refresh and....Locutus, lots of them.

Someone left the door unlocked at one of those Dominion cloning facilities. If you thought Vorta were bad and just get rolled off an assembly line wait until you see the gauntlet in STT!

Its just part of the game that some character will be better than others so naturally they're the ones you're going to see more of in a competitive environment. The internal balance isn't particularly good.

Want another example? Arena battles, how often do you see a commander division battle that isn't a BoP with Kang? Admiral division? Its Bounties, ISS Enterprises, Bounties, Borg Cubes and Bouties with added Bounties. Dont see many Prakesh or Kraytons up there in the top ranks. Captain division? Spheres and Warbirds with more Spheres. I think I saw a Defiant up here a while ago but he seems to have vanished.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Krayton and it is very rare I see another.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Santa-Picard isn't all that great, 22nd overall in gauntlet. Raw stats, all he has is CMD / SEC, and he's 2nd best in that to Kahaless. Even if you give them SCI to see CMD / SCI or SEC / SCI... Kahaless beats Picard. We've just seen several weeks where he has matching traits. Throw in a Mirror Trait, and then you see Picard, Troi, T'Pol, and Phlox 4 of the top 11.

When everyone gets a free Picard, you tend to see him more often than the crew you have to spend 100,000 honor to purchase. Think about how many T'Kuvma you see, and he's ranked way down in 72nd place, Kortar - 80th, Mariachi Q - 122. But, for many players these are way better than the Command Wrap Kirk they had been using. So, DB has made it so any FTP can make top 50 in rankings. On certain weeks that match traits with these crew.