Home Make It So!
Options

Voyage Event Idea

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Make It So!
This could possibly be a decent way to do a Voyage Event. 4 days of Voyages. Each voyage uses a different skill but you have to use that skill in every slot. First voyage is command so you have to use it for all 12 slots. Command/command, command/diplomacy, command/security, command/engineering, etc. next voyage uses diplomacy. Then security, engineering, science, medicine, then repeat the cycle. You can not extend your voyage but you can speed up the return time using dilithium. Instead of chrons (or in addition to, whatever works) you build up VP. Dilemmas award VP as well. Of course, the longer you can go the more VP you can build. Event crew gives a 3x bonus. Variants give a 2x. It would utilize a large portion of your crew.

Comments

• Options
    It is an interesting concept, in my opinion. Although it would easily do for the less active sort of Event - send out your crew and then wait for two hours. No crazy farming like Galaxy, no away mission grinding like Expeditions, no spool-up period and shuttle rushing like Factions.

Maybe Voyages themselves might need to be made a bit more interactive ;)
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea, but the format would need to change a bit.

First, to be competitive I would have to watch my phone screen as AM gets near zero. At work I am not even allowed to take my phone out of my pocket, let alone stare at it for half an hour. It would need an auto-recall system, when AM hits zero the voyage returns.

Next you would have to keep two crew members with each skill combination in your manifest. That is 36 crew members just for this one event type. You would also need to unfreeze event crew.

Also some skill combinations are more common that others. Command/Security is very common, but there are only 17 Medic/Security in game including the new McCoy. Newer players like myself could not compete. After playing for nearly five months, I would be using two star crew for some slots.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is true that I did not take your specific needs into account
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    a really awesome concept, but as I think more and more on it it would have to change a lot to be competative. in the end I think it would be so close resembling a shuttle mission that they would just keep the faction events
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a really awesome concept, but as I think more and more on it it would have to change a lot to be competative. in the end I think it would be so close resembling a shuttle mission that they would just keep the faction events

Perhaps. My thought would to make it new and interesting. Less stale. Staffing for it would be much more thought provoking versus shuttles. Way more variables to where each one of us would have to make our own decisions with our own thought processes

• Options
    From the voyage, instead of Dilemmas, you have Away missions that you complete throughout the Voyage. Your plotted course determines the missions, whether immediate expedition (Episodic like) option, Away Mission on shuttle or ship battle. Every outcome gaines VP based on how well you do, and enough successes can lead to bonus missions.

Thoughts?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, your suggestion sounds like an Expedition 2.0 with Voyages included. But if we do that, let's include the Gauntlet system as well and have face-to-face battles against the AI (not too hard, so winning isn't pure luck). So we'd have Voyages for the usual flow, and in between space battles, expedition type away missions and gauntlet battles.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")