Home The Bridge

Account ownership question

Are we able to sell our account? I'm not trying to be a dick here but I read through the TOS and didn't see where it specifically said we were not able to. If so can someone post were it says a person cannot sell one? I'm not a very good legal jargon reader. Thanks.

Comments

• NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    Quoted from the TOS:

You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, adapt, translate, transfer, buy, auction, rent, lease, loan or sell any individual game assets (including, without limitation, your Account, characters, housing, items, perks, credits, currency, coin or any other virtual in-game items or other materials appearing in or generated by the game or Services), information, or services obtained from the Services, without the express written consent of Disruptor Beam. You may not use the your Account(s) to "farm" in-game virtual items (i. e. playing the Disruptor Beam games or Services primarily for purposes of amassing an inventory of virtual items) for real-world commercial gain. You may not use any software or hardware that reduces the number of users directly accessing or using the Services (sometimes called "multiplexing" or "pooling" software or hardware). You further agree not to create or provide any means other than through the Disruptor Beam Sites by which Disruptor Beam's on-line computer game may be played by others - for example, through server emulators.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neems wrote: »
    Quoted from the TOS:

You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, adapt, translate, transfer, buy, auction, rent, lease, loan or sell any individual game assets (including, without limitation, your Account, characters, housing, items, perks, credits, currency, coin or any other virtual in-game items or other materials appearing in or generated by the game or Services), information, or services obtained from the Services, without the express written consent of Disruptor Beam. You may not use the your Account(s) to "farm" in-game virtual items (i. e. playing the Disruptor Beam games or Services primarily for purposes of amassing an inventory of virtual items) for real-world commercial gain. You may not use any software or hardware that reduces the number of users directly accessing or using the Services (sometimes called "multiplexing" or "pooling" software or hardware). You further agree not to create or provide any means other than through the Disruptor Beam Sites by which Disruptor Beam's on-line computer game may be played by others - for example, through server emulators.

lol that's pretty cut and dry and required no understanding of legal jargon :)
  • Perfect. Thank you.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bid one Bar of Gold pressed Latinum and I'll throw in a case of yarmok sauce
  • How would they know?
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    How would they know?

The have a surveillance van outside your front door right now.

• SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »
    How would they know?

Made you look.
  • NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    How would they know?

There's probably not a way for them to tell in the game itself, unless they have something that watches to see if an account suddenly changes all of its linked accounts, but even then that could be just a person changing their email address.

That said, they still have to tell you that you aren't allowed to sell assets from their game, largely for legal reasons. I don't understand copyright law well enough to explain why this kind of thing matters, but it apparently does.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would they know?

Made you look.

bp6lbmaarxkt.png
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • SMM wrote: »
    How would they know?

If that's the case they better pack up and leave. And fast. Like 3000fps fast.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neems wrote: »
    How would they know?

There's probably not a way for them to tell in the game itself, unless they have something that watches to see if an account suddenly changes all of its linked accounts, but even then that could be just a person changing their email address.

That said, they still have to tell you that you aren't allowed to sell assets from their game, largely for legal reasons. I don't understand copyright law well enough to explain why this kind of thing matters, but it apparently does.

Long of the short of it, if they don't tell you the license (your accounts access) is not transferable, it is. It's a common game practice to try to make sure they do not lose revenue that would be gained by the new person starting from scratch.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    I'll bid one Bar of Gold pressed Latinum and I'll throw in a case of yarmok sauce

Toss in some self-sealing stem bolts.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »

Toss in some self-sealing stem bolts.

8phrdg0mo0o8.jpg