Home Make It So!
Options

[IDEA] Feature Request: Assignment Operations

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Make It So!
So I was thinking of how to make some use for all those ships you never use, all those characters that may be replaceable by others well I thought long and hard on this one and though one might say "gah just another rehash" or no this will take up too much of my time and crew slots." I still think this maybe viable.

Introducing Assignment Operations.
The first thing to acquire is Priority 1 encoded communiques, similar to transmissions. They will give you a mission synopsis - however the difference is you don't just gloss over this mission detail just to assign your crew. You have to discern what factions may be involved, which is the best ship to use not necessarily your 5*s, which crews are best and again not necessarily your 5* hot shots either, traits creed and skill combinations, proficiencies, base levels all hold their weight but which ones will be the most effective? And for ships their traits, allegiance type, animatter reserve, battle stats all have to be carefully weighed too. Choosing the wrong one could be fatal or yield less rewards.

So how does Assignments work, well in order for it not to be too time consuming or impact too much elsewhere I would advise a maximum duration of half hour gameplay, in which the mission could involve ship battles, micro voyages with multiple dilemmas in quick succession, ship battles, away missions, gauntlet against computer etc.

Your success or failure could have many rewards or set backs faction reputation could go up or down, rewards could be limited to credits or merits, trainers instead of crates of items or crew maybe even portal rewards? I haven't yet cobbled together an idea what maximum rewards, how many you can do per day (whether there should be limitation on this), or what the cost of the communiques will be - i'll leave that to further discussion below.

Anyhow what do you all think? Could this be a good addition to the game, keeping it entertaining, do you have any ideas on what could improve this idea, I welcome your feedback.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very great and well thought idea, but I bet this will be impossible to program into the game. :) So many features punched together into one (voyages, away team, space battle ... everything together) might cause severe issues with the engine or the programming, I think.

Otherwise they would probably have already done it by now as ... I have to admit ... this is something they SHOULD have done. The idea, as I said, is meowsome! You could get the stuff you ACTUALLY need or want with possibly even not your best crew. That would be worf keeping some lower crew unfrozen.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    That's true it may be a tall order programming wise, i must admit I don't have much experience in that dept. Here's to hoping anyways because I really do hope they will find a way of making use of those derelict crew and ships.

I also think the role play aspect, decision making etc needs to be expounded a bit.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I like this idea, especially for a little bit more RP in the game