Home Ready Room

Which faction will/should win this week? Which faction will/should be most helpful?

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
It isn't necessarily the same. The Maqui have been most helpful to me in the past, but I haven't used them in a while. The Hirogen are my least used faction, but they have some supplies I could use and this might be the time to increase my reputation with them.

Thoughts you guys have on who might win and who might be helpful?

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was leaning to hirogen, i've got one or two items I need from them. But maquis items are always in demand, plus given the event crew - I suspect maquis will be the top pick (just a hunch)
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I think Maquis will and should win. Those Encoded Communiques are a necessity
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and you can get house crests from the KDF with chronitons and also most of the armor types. I think the Maquis should and will win. If not Maquis, then at least Klingons, but surely not Hirogen.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Yes, and you can get house crests from the KDF with chronitons and also most of the armor types. I think the Maquis should and will win. If not Maquis, then at least Klingons, but surely not Hirogen.

Agreed.

1) Maquis
    2) Klingon
    3) Hirogen
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Two things:

1. One of the things you could do is go to the crew cost page (see handy links) and check what some of your crew will need in the near future and then run those factions ... also check the factions on the wiki to see what they drop (e.g. Hirogen ... https://stt.wiki/wiki/Hirogen_Faction_Center)

2. I'm not sure how many shuttles you have, but you could split between the three factions ... so e.g. 1 Klingon and 1 Hirogen shuttle per batch if you have 2.

e.g. I'll most certainly be running some Klingon, as I'll be levelling (or completing) quite a number of Klingon crew in Ba'ku Worf, Klingon Bride Jadzia, Barak, a Torres etc. but will probably add in a Maquis or 2 as I always seem to need those 2* communiques.

Lastly, keep your eye on the wiki (and related crew cost page) to see what items 4* Yar needs for levelling ... start on her as soon as you get her and run faction shuttles as appropriate ... e.g. maybe she needs a lot of 3* Casings that you do not have lying around, might as well run Hirogen for the first day or two to try and stock up on those.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict Klingon or Maquis - whichever is sorted leftmost.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm already all reputation'd up with the Klingons and Maquis, so I'm backing Hirogen by default. But I'm glad to see the Maquis in the lead, I could use a few days next week farming their items.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most people will run maquis for the encoded comms, but I’ll probably balance it out some and do 4-5 12 hour blocks of maquis, 2-3 12 hour blocks klingon, and one block hirogen.
  • I'm just happy it's not another Federation event. While I can always use Ancient Films and Orchids, I'm hitting Klingon hard for 3* Alcohol! I have lots of 4* Tequilas to build, and 3* Alcohol does not drop well in any mission!
  • So, now that the Maquis have won, I've noticed that it's marked their shuttle missions as the bonus winner for the next 3 days. What does that mean, exactly?
  • I'm happy. I only used Klingon and Hirogen missions during the event, so I have plenty of Maquis tickets to spend over the next few days.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acer wrote: »
    So, now that the Maquis have won, I've noticed that it's marked their shuttle missions as the bonus winner for the next 3 days. What does that mean, exactly?

The missions are automatically 30 minutes shorter, and easier, and you get bonus reputation, bonus chronitons, and bonus training programs.