Home Ready Room

What am I doing wrong with the kick-start?

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
It doesn't seem to work. I open 10 from each faction. Then I run one faction until it goes to the three hour missions. Then I go back and have 30 missions that take one minute each. That works for me. However, those 30 missions are all only worth 2 VP. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    It is normal for the first 30 missions to all be worth 2 VP's.

To clarify, after the event has begun, this is when you open the 30 missions, and not prior to it beginning - it sounded from your post like you may have already opened missions for the event starting today, but maybe I just misread it, and you were meaning what you had dene in a prior event.

Also, are you completing all 30 of the original missions prior to opening any additional missions (i.e., what will become your 31st mission)? Or were you starting to open additional missions before having completed the original 30?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is what I have done in the past.

I thought you are supposed to open the 30 and then run new missions until the three hour mark and then run the ones you opened to start with.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open 30 transmissions. Run 10 of them (from one faction is easiest). Open 10 more from that faction, and run them with 90-minute speed boosts — as they are 1 1/2 hour missions, they will complete immediately. (Obviously you will need 10 of the 3* speed boosts for this.) Then run the remaining original 20 missions from the other two factions. Those will say 90 minutes, but they are actually 1 minute missions, so don't use any speed boosts on them. Once you have completed all those, you will be at 4000 VP missions.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Ah. I get it now. Thank you. It isn't about VP points on the missions, it is about getting to high VP point missions quickly. I did the first step.right, but then didn't open ten more, so I didn't get so many that could be reduced. Oh, well. I don't do well in faction missions, anyway, though my third shuttle has helped.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct. And yeah, that method starts falling apart if you don't have the crew strength to easily succeed at the 4000 VP missions.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Correct. And yeah, that method starts falling apart if you don't have the crew strength to easily succeed at the 4000 VP missions.

If you don't have the crew then doing only a partial boost to get to say the 2250 level may be better
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Open 30 transmissions. Run 10 of them (from one faction is easiest). Open 10 more from that faction, and run them with 90-minute speed boosts — as they are 1 1/2 hour missions, they will complete immediately. (Obviously you will need 10 of the 3* speed boosts for this.) Then run the remaining original 20 missions from the other two factions. Those will say 90 minutes, but they are actually 1 minute missions, so don't use any speed boosts on them. Once you have completed all those, you will be at 4000 VP missions.

I have finished top-1000 in faction events without even being aware of this kick-start method... d'oh! So a quick calculation is that with nimble fingers, you should be getting the 4,000 VP missions started about 10 minutes into the event?!
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    In practice, it takes that long to just open the missions.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between opening all the missions, running the 30 one minute ones, completing the 10 others, choosing which 4 missions to run and balancing crew on them, it usually takes me 20-40 minutes to complete everything depending on the lag in game.
    I have discovered that my crew is not deep enough nor powerful enough to handle passing the high VP missions. It will come. For now, I'll be content yet again making it most of the way to threshold.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do a similar technique, but try to conserve my 3* boosts. I run 4, then 4 new ones (30minutes w/o boosts), then 4 new ones etc up until the 1hr 30min. I can use cheaper boosts that way but takes an hour or two to make the 4000 VP missions.
    DB: Do Better
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can run four one minutes, four 20 minutes using 30 minute boosts, then 30 one hour missions using 1:30 boosts. That will take you to 2750 VP immediately for those with crew that can’t sustain 4000 VP.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    But is going to 4000 right off the top all that bad, even if you don't have a deep bench?

This is the first time I've used the technique. I've generally been hitting 2 successes per group of 3 shuttles. Granted, that's not amazing and I've already fallen to 3,500, but isn't that still a better return than the lower missions? Or am I just bad at math lol
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No that does sound good. I was just suggesting that for those who say that can’t sustain 4000VP. If you can than yeah, do it!
  • I would still kick up to 4k even with a shallow roster. Going 50 50 on 4k nets you what you would running 2k ones. With any luck you can get ahead with a bonus shared crew to help.

Losing at 4k will settle you back into your comfort bracket for vp. And you get 800 for losing. Wife has 12 level 100s and picked up 50k in about a day doing this. She airlocks people because of space