Home Make It So!
Options

Schematic buy

Been here since the beginning. Lvl 67 and lvl 14 vip. I’m calling your marketing department out. You offer the new ship schematic which is exciting. So I drop $49.99 and buy 8 packs at 650 dil per. I get 5 drops. 5. OK so super low drop rate on a 5 star ship. Not happy but I get it. Then 48 hours later you turn around and offer a guaranteed 2300 schematics for $24.99? That’s some really crappy marketing on your part. Zero confidence in how you are going to treat players moving forward. Pure GREED! You should have opened with the $24.99 offer. Then your hardcore gamers and completists would be more likely to pony up for the required schematics to completely level the ship.

Comments

• Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    I agree it is a money grab but..... with every ship release they've done this recently so unless someone just started playing they . If you want to be THE FIRST to have a new ship then the worst chance pack is what you have to do. If you wait 48hrs you can get it for the 24.99 and if you want to wait 6 months? 1 yr? You can get it through pack drops/arena .
  • Options
    This is the first time I have seen them turn it around in 48 hours. I play daily. They would have better results if they did the $24.99 offer initially. This method does nothing but piss off the long time player who helped build this.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Pretty sure I remember them doing the exact same thing with either the Disco or the Shenzhou when those were released (or maybe for both). It does seem backwards (or they should do both at the same time).
  • Options
    I’m in marketing for consumer goods. They need some help. So the logic moving forward is to not buy when they make the initial offer. Then sales plummet. Now if they decide to start playing games with the offering it will only further annoy daily players. Who will want to spend $$ on something that does not treat its consumer base with a little respect and appreciation? This is all electronic/imaginary fun. We don’t own anything here. This whole thing will start to collapse if they don’t modify the game play. Add more story driven elements. This weekly event thing is getting extremely repetitive with little to no imagination.
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    They have done this (48 hr turn around for $24.99) on every special ship since at least September. USS Discovery and Shenzhou and the ISS defiant. They all most got me to bite on Discovery but I didn't and now I am pretty happy about that. In order to have a really usable ship for arena you actually have to do both (packs and 24.99 offer) so that you have a level 10 ship. I think the tactics are shady but doing it so you have to buy both is probably pretty good for DB's bottom line. I mean outside of new players and when new ships come out who is really buying the schematics packs?
  • Options
    Regardless its more than shady. Wonder what the FTC would say? It would be one thing if the schematic pack was available everyday for purchase and they ran a sale or promotion. But it isn’t. If any brick and mortar retailer did what they are doing they would get sued or go out of business quickly.
  • Options
    FTC can't even stop Robo callers and you want them to police DB. Funny
  • Options
    Your apathy is the only reason they get away with it.
  • Options

Actually, the continued thoughtless spending is why they get away with it.

Why are there "limited" ship schematic packs? Because people buy them.
    Why are there "best chance of" packs? Because people buy them.
    Why is the quality of art precipitously declining? Because people still buy it.
    Why isn't DBNG more fair? Because people still shell out money regardless.

I get it though. It's easier to be mad at the company than yourself for hoping you'll be the lucky spender who beats the odds.

Do you really believe that after two years of constant complaints on the forums and social media that DB is going to change anything? Why would they? People are still spending.

And for the rare long term player that gets disillusioned and actually does stop spending, there's three more noobs falling over themselves to throw money at the game.

Besides, the real, committed whales true Star Trek fans know that it costs around $100 to max a ship that does virtually nothing in the game is all shiny new!

Ah well. Barnum 3:16
  • Options

Actually, the continued thoughtless spending is why they get away with it.

I can't disagree with you.

What they are doing now is a marketing experiment. It's not the first time they test the community to see our response to new purchasing schemes - in the first six months it was very well-known that DB just send some offers to parts of the playerbase and saw how they responded and what got the best impact.

If this is an experiment... we'll see the results. If the community buys enthusiastically, then they'll do it again. If no one buys the new offer and the next special "best-chance-of" starship is a failure as well, you can bet that DB will walk back very quickly.

It's, as always, in the hands of the spenders. They can vote with their money. They can decide. And, obviously, they can pick the wrong choice.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    There is Apathy( So you assume) and then there is hard core real life, **tsk tsk** it up and go on.I too get aggravated but your thought that FTC presides over these matters....not so much.