Home Make It So!
Options

Purchasing honor with dilithium?

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
This could be a catagorical no-no or ruled out - apologies if this is the case.

But I was wondering whether the puchasing of honor with dilithium could become a reality. Every time I try and add more honour it just gives you the option to dismiss crew.
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulling from either the event portals or premium portals is probably your best bet of converting DIL into honor.

My guess is you would average somewhere between 700 and 900 per pull assuming 100% airlocks. But, there's a side benefit of potentially getting a character your need.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, i just wish there was a more direct way of getting honor, that wouldn't put a strain on crew slots.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    True, i just wish there was a more direct way of getting honor, that wouldn't put a strain on crew slots.

Buying crew and dismissing them doesn't put a strain on your crew slots. They can just sit in the crew overflow for a couple of minutes before you dismiss them.

Assuming that you airlock all of them, as Peachtree Rex said. If you want to keep them... yay new crew?

Anyway I guess that a more direct way of buying Honour wouldn't harm me, but it's not what Honour is supposed to be for. Honour was introduced to give us a rare resource in exchange for our unwanted crew. Something exclusive that can only be acquired by dismissing crew.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Buying honor is not very honorful.
    (SCNR)
  • Options
    It is if you're a Ferengi.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    This is definitely not practical for DB. Anyone who wanted to pay for it could simply use honor to FF all of their cards through citations. Granted, they could obviously do it now by buying tens or even hundreds of packs, but purchasing honor directly would destroy that business model for DB.
  • Options
    I sort of agree with ghoststalker here. But I'd also add that I think those of us willing to do some real grinding to get honor and "play the game" within its structure need to have a better payoff than the trickle now. In the end, there's just too many legendaries to buff and too little honor to be had even for players just grinding away at it. It's not balanced, IMO. BUt I'd also agree that giving whales with ore disposable income than sense is not the best idea either. It's not in the game's interest to just chase free players completely away. The game's intimidating enough for them as it is.